USAA is a financial institution with customers log in to check information related to their account. The United Services Automobile Association offers a different kind of insurance services to people to have benefits for good and services when the unexpected happens. USAA company campaign to people to insured their vehicles, life, renters and house preparing them for the raining day. However, in the banking section, USAA login allows customers to sign in to their account to check account balance, statement of account, transaction history, and many more.
USAA login for banking covers access to customers financial information online using the institution app or visiting their portal on a web browser. However, whichever service USAA renders to you and your household, you will learn how to log in to your USAA online banking and your insurance account.
You will also learn to secure your USAA account with USAA 2FA. While we consider USAA login as a core aspect of this guide, you will also learn to create USAA account to put your life and properties under the United Services Automobile Association if you live in the State.
Create a USAA Account
This is for a new customer to create USAA account online to become a member of one of the largest insurance company in the United State.
- Go to USAA official website to start your online application. When you are at the registration portal, read through the eligibility. If you are eligible, click “Continue” to proceed with the USAA online registration. Your eligibility is measured by your date of birth, contact information, Social Security number, details about you or your family member’s military service, and for non-U.S. citizens, a passport or permanent resident card.
- Fill the personal information form. You must provide your first name and date of birth to proceed while others are optional. However, to fill the USAA registration form once and for all if you do not want to update your profile later fill all the columns and click “Next”.
- You need to provide information on how USAA representative can reach out to you. The options in this section include your phone number, email address, home and office phone number, after which you click on “Next” to continue with the registration.
- Declare your military connection in the next form. Here you have options to choose if you have any relation in the military. It can be your father or mother or siblings or even yourself. And if you don’t have anyone in the US army, there is no harm in that you will still be able to proceed with your USAA account. Once you have declared your military history, click on “Next”.
- Are you married? If yes, check married in the next interface. Choose your gender (male or female), provide your home address, zip code, and choose an option Yes/No for your mailing address. After you have filled the above, click “Next”. Always double-check before you proceed to the next stage to make sure you provide the exact information.
- Next, you will be asked to provide your social security number (SSN) before you can create your USAA login for the account you are trying to setup. If you don’t have it at hand it means that you do not read through the eligibility page, however, you can click on “I don’t have one” for the best alternative to fix “No SSN for USAA login”.
- Now, provide the username you want to use for your account and enter the login password. However, if a temporary password is provided you must proceed to change it when you signed in to your USAA account.
- Having done all these, check through the information you provided from the start to where you create your USAA login. If there is an amendment you need to make, click on the edit button to make it. After that, click the confirmation button to finish the setup.
Now, that you have your USAA account set up. You can begin to explore the features of the service and apply for services online with your USAA login.
Here is how to log in to your USAA account without using the company mobile app.
1. Open your browser and visit the official USAA website on usaa.com and click on “Log On” to the top right of the screen.
2. You will be redirected to another screen. Here you have options such as “Login”, forgot ID or password, and set up online access. So, you need to type your username or user ID or Online ID and your USAA login password and click “Log On”
You will now be redirected from the “Log On” page to your “USAA profile” page where you need to set up your USAA account security and probably enable a 2FA in “My Profile” drop-menu.
The first step to take account you have confirmed your account and generated your USAA login if to set up USAA 2FA. The USAA 2FA is another security layer to fully secure your USAA account and provide a convenient USAA logon method.
When you enable USAA 2FA successfully you have the option to set up your login method to one of the following.
- Secure Logon
- CyberCode Tokens or Texts
- Quick Logon
- Computer Recognition
That is the power of 2FA. The 2-steps authentication method secures your account from hackers with your USAA login. This implies that to sign in to your USAA, the 2FA lock code will be required, therefore, we take heed to set up the 2FA for USAA.
1. Log in to your USAA account with your username and password and click “My Profile” and select ” Manage Security and Privacy Preferences” from the drop-down.
2. Navigate to “Logon Method” in the drop menu and click “Edit” to edit your choice of USAA 2FA logon method.
3. Under the “Logon method” you the options mentioned above. What need to do is choose one of the 2FA options you will like to use to log in to usaa.com web portal and click “Next”.
This will set up 2FA on your account. However, the USAA login 2FA methods offer different approaches to log in to your usaa.com account. So, what does each 2FA logon method offers?
USAA Login 2FA Methods
Under the USAA “Logon Method” you have options like;
- CyberCode Token
- CyberCode Text
- Computer Recognition
- Quick Logon
Each of the USAA 2 factors authentication method offers different approaches to log in to your USAA account.
USAA CyberCode Token
USAA CyberCode token is similar to OTP to authorize transaction or account login. USAA CyberCode token generates a unique security code every 30 minutes. With this code generated by CyberCode, you will be able to log in to your USAA account with a new password every time. However, to get started follow the procedures below.
- Go to m.verisign.com on your mobile browser.
- Download and install the USAA CyberCode token.
- Activate your token.
Upon activation, you can begin to use the token as explained below.
- Enter your USAA login ID.
- Launch the “CyberCode token app” on your phone or press the keychain token to generate a six-digit security code.
- Enter your password in the “PIN” column and type the security code. If the code has expired, generate another one and type it into the security code column.
This is one of the most secure USSA login with 2 factors authentication.
USAA Login CyberCode Text
CyberCode text as an alternative to CyberCode token. It offers a random 6 digit security code sent to your mobile number coupled with the login password to sign in to your USAA account.
1. Firstly, log in to your USAA account with your username and password as usual.
2. Now, instead of the usual PIN to sign in to your USAA online account type the random 6 digits security code sent to your phone number in the form of a short message.
Make sure you type the code correctly and click “Next”. This is another layers of USAA security option you can opt-in for while you want to log in to your USAA account.
With USAA login 2-factor authentication you can instruct USAA which computer to trust and log in to your account whenever you visit usaa.com without providing your USAA password, username, and PIN. There is no need to use CyberCode or CyberText token with computer recognition.
The authentication level sign in your USAA account without requesting your login information. However, whenever you are logging on to your account from another computer which is not trusted you will be prompt to provide your login detail such as your username, password and PIN.
Biometrics USAA Login
This feature works with a smartphone or computer with a fingerprint or face-lock or voice-lock feature. It uses the feature to sign in to your USAA account. However, you have to select the option in the “Logon Method” in your USAA profile option.
- Visit usaa.com on your mobile browser or PC/Mac with the biometric feature.
- Navigate to settings
- Select “Quick Logon” from the option to set up your biometric login feature.
Meanwhile, this feature works with Apple and Android devices.
This feature doesn’t override the default USAA login with username, password, and PIN. USAA quick logon feature generates a one time token to access your USAA account. The 2FA uses Symantec Validation and ID Protection (VIP) technology to generate the activation code to be used alongside your login password and PIN each time you want to sign in to your USAA account.
Reset USAA Password
USAA offers a self-service to reset USAA login password online. There is no need to contact USAA help desk. For as long as you can remember your USAA online ID you can change and reset your login password.
- Go to USAA login password reset page.
- Now, type your USAA online ID or USAA member number and click “Next.
- Update your password with a new password. Do not use the old password. And make sure you enter a unique password for your account.
- Confirm the account and click “Submit” to save changes.
Provide the necessary information such as answers to your account security questions. If you cannot remember your USAA online ID or member number you can use the USAA online ID recovery feature in a likesome.