Has the LG dishwasher CL code been appearing on your washing machine, preventing you from attempting a wash cycle, and you have been wondering what it is and how to remove it. Then it would help if you read this article to learn about the LG dishwasher CL code.
The LG dishwasher is a famous dishwasher brand that is known to give you value for your money. The dishwashers are loved by many because they are reliable and efficient, getting the job done in little to no time.
The dishwasher also comes equipped with error codes to help you quickly diagnose basic issues with the dishwasher, so you can know the right step to take, and one of the common issues is the LG dishwasher CL code.
The remaining sections of the article will explain the meaning of the LG dishwasher and the steps you can take to fix it.
What is the LG Dishwasher CL Code
The LG dishwasher CL code, where the CL stands for child lock, is a safety feature on the dishwasher that, when activated, prevents the dishwasher from opening.
The child lock is ideally activated in an area where children are prone to play around, as it prevents them from opening the dishwasher and causing harm to themselves.
When the LG dishwasher CL code is activated, it does the following to the dishwasher.
- It will show the LG CL code error.
- It would lock all the buttons and features on the dishwasher.
- It would prevent the dishwasher from opening when the buttons are pressed until the code is deactivated.
The next section of the article will explain how to resolve the LG dishwasher CL code issue.
How to Remove the LG Dishwasher CL Code
The LG dishwasher CL code is a child safety feature that you should always activate when the dishwasher is not in use, and you have little children around.
If you had mistakenly pressed the LG dishwasher CL code, or after pressing the code, you are unsure of how to turn it off, you should follow the instructions below to turn off the CL code on the older LG dishwasher models.
- Ensure that the dishwasher is turned on.
- Then press and hold Wash and Rinse button simultaneously for approximately 5 minutes.
- Then release your hold after the 5 minutes have elapsed.
For the newer LG dishwasher models, you only have to press and hold the child lock button for about 3 to 5 seconds to disable it.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to deactivate the LG dishwasher CL code and can begin to use your dishwasher like you usually would.
You can also check out How to Fix Samsung Dishwasher Not Draining
How to Activate the Child Lock (CL) Feature on LG Dishwasher
If you have children that are prone to playing around, then it is advisable that you always activate the child lock feature when the dishwasher is not in use to prevent the children from playing with it and causing harm to themselves.
Follow the instructions below to activate the child lock feature on your older LG dishwasher.
- Open your LG dishwasher door and click on the power button.
- Then click on cycle and select your desired options.
- Now press and hold the rinse and spray button for approximately three seconds or till the child lock indicator lightens up in the display.
- Then close the dishwasher door to begin the cycle.
If you use the newer model of the LG dishwasher, all you have to do is press the child lock button for about 3 to 5 seconds to activate it.
Where is the CL Button on the LG Dishwasher?
The CL button, the child lock button, is on the dishwasher’s panel and, once activated, will light up and stop the dishwasher from opening.
This is a safety feature to prevent little children from harming themselves.
LG Dishwasher CL Code Won’t Turn Off.
If you have pressed the right buttons to turn off the LG dishwasher CL code with no success, the next troubleshooting method will be to reset the LG dishwasher.
Follow the instructions below to reset the LG dishwasher.
- Turn off the dishwasher by pressing the power button.
- Then disconnect the dishwasher from the circuit breaker for about 10 seconds, and then reconnect it.
- Then press the power button and begin a new cycle.
If you followed the instruction above, then resetting the dishwasher should have helped turn off the LG dishwasher CL code.
How to Reset LG Dishwasher
If you have been running into minor difficulties when using your LG dishwasher, you can efficiently resolve most of them by resetting the LG dishwasher.
Follow the steps highlighted below to reset your LG dishwasher.
- Press the power button to turn the dishwasher off.
- Detach the dishwasher from the circuit breaker and wait for about 10 seconds before reconnecting it.
- After that, push the power button to start a fresh cycle.
After resetting the LG dishwasher, you should start a new cycle to confirm that you have successfully resolved whatever issue prompted the reset.
How do I turn off Child Lock on my LG Dishwasher?
The child lock is a safety feature to prevent children from harming themselves while trying to play with the dishwasher.
If you use the newer model of the dishwasher, you can turn off the child lock by pressing the child lock button for about 3 to 5 seconds.
If you use the older model of the LG dishwasher, then you can turn off the child lock by following the instructions below.
- Confirm that your LG dishwasher is turned on.
- Then simultaneously press down the wash and rinse button for approximately minutes.
- Then release your grip on the buttons once 5 minutes as elapsed.
You can then begin to use the dishwasher as you desire, and it is recommended that if you have children around, you should always turn on the child lock feature for their safety.
This article has explained the meaning of the LG dishwasher CL code and how to resolve it. We also explained how to reset the LG dishwasher to fix minor bugs and glitches.