You would have come across WMLink 2Step when you want to set up 2-step verification on Walmart One to place your account on an advanced security measure other than the traditional method of using a password.
Walmart knew it’s easier to lose accounts to hackers with ordinary password because it can easily be guessed. However, under the influence of 2 step verification, it will require a unique code, most times 6 digits, that will be sent to the user verified phone number or email address to access the WalmartOne account.
So, in this guide, I am going to walk you through how to use WMLink 2Step link to set up 2-step verification on your WalrmatOne account.
How to Login WalmartOne
WalmartOne has changed the old method to log into WalmartOne account. You can now use your Asda PC/SMART username and password to log into your WalmartOne account.
However, to keep accessing your WalmartOne account at work or while at home on a personal device, then, you need to set up the new WalmartOne 2-step verification (WMLink 2Step) in your account.
And for “Depot and Home office” you need to do a self-service password reset. You need to set up both the “Self Service Password Reset” and “WalmartOne 2-Step Verification” while on Asda network.
Setup WMLink 2Step on Asda Network
To set up WMLink 2step verification on Asda network follow the procedures below.
- Go to Symantec VIP 2 Step Verification when on Asda network.
- Select “The United Kingdom” and log in with your Asda PC user ID and Password.
- Now, you should see your name at the top right corner. If not, log out from your account and log in again.
- There you have the following 2-step verification methods options available.
- Setup Texte Messaging.
- Setup Voice Call.
- Setup App.
- Now, depending on the option that you choose. For each WMLink 2Setup follow the proceedings below.
- If you choose to set up WalmartOne 2step verification using SMS text messaging, select your country code from the list, enter your phone number without the first “0” and click on send code to the phone number to verify it. Enter the code when you receive it and click on the “Submit” button.
- If you prefer the voice call method, select it, enter your phone number and re-enter the phone number again without the first “0” and click on “Submit.
- And for the “App setup”, you need to download and install the WMLink 2Step VIP access app for your phone from the app store (Android OR iPhone). Now, you need to open the VIP access app, enter your credentials and click on the “Submit” button.
Now, after you have set up the WMLink 2Step verification successfully, next, we consider how to make use of it.
How to use WMLink 2Step
Now, you will be asked to provide WalmartOne 2step verification code each and every time you want to log in to your account while on the Asda network.
- Go to https://one.walmart.com/asda on your browser to access WalmartOne on your personal device.
- Click on the “Login” tab to the top right and enter your “Asda PC user ID and login password.”
- Select the 2 step verification method you previously set up.
- Enter the 6 digit code sent to your phone or dictated to your over the phone or otherwise generate the 6 digit code using the VIP Access app.
And now, you should be able to log into your WalmartOne account over the Asda network as shared above.
Note: Take note of the following while you want to use WalmartOne 2 step verification.
- When you are setting up 2 step verification on your WalmartOne different contact has to be used. This implies that two colleagues cannot use the same contact or email address while setting up 2SV.
- When you set up multiple WalmartOne account you can not use the same contact to set up WMLink on the two accounts.
WMLink 2Step on WalmartOne Wire
Other than using the Asda network to set up 2 step verification on Walmart you can turn to WalmartOne wire instead.
- Open a browser and go to https://wmlink.wal-mart.com/2step.
- Bu default, the above link will redirect you to the WalmartOne Wire WorkStation.
- Click on “2 step verification.”
- Log in with your username name ID and password.
- Choose your 2 step verification method.
- Provide the details and enter the 6 digits verification code.
Now, you will be prompted to enter your 2 step verification code whenever you want to access your WalmartOne account.