Xfinity.com authorize helps to bring Xfinity to compatible devices such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, LG Smart TVs, and other Xfinity partnered devices to use the Xfinity Stream Beta app on these supported devices. And this offers Xfinity live broadcasting channels, linear cable channels, cloud recording and video on demand with the xfinity.com/ authorize code and without having to rent an Xfinity TV box.
While the Xfinity Stream app is still in the beta stage it offers support to many streaming devices and internet-enabled devices at home with the Xfinity activation number or code. While the Xfinity Stream app at the beta stage is prone to improving as the app is still not covering all the feature in the current stage.
However, the best and recommended way to watch Xfinity TV is using the Xfinity X1. But, the only downside is that not all the features of the X1 are available on Xfinity partner devices.
Table of Contents
Xfinity TV Partner Devices
The following are the list of Xfinity TV partner devices that support the Xfinity Stream app.
- Roku TV or Roku Stick
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Apple TV
- Firestick [not stated as a compatible device but we can find a walkaround to make it work].
Xfinity.com Authorize Samsung Smart TV
- Switch on your Samsung Smart TV and go to settings >> manager >> internet >> WiFi >> Connect.
- Navigate to the “Home” or press the “Smart Hub” on the remote control to exit the page and go back to the home screen.
- Navigate to the TV “Apps” to the bottom left and select the “Magnifying Glass.”
- Sign in to your Samsung account if you have not done that. Navigate to the “Search” box to the top right and use the on-screen keyboard to search for “Xfinity Stream.”
- Choose the option “Download” the app. Once the installation process is complete click on the “Open” button to launch the “Xfinity Stream app.”
- To start using the app click on “Register” your device and sign in with your Xfinity username and password. But, if you need to authorize the Xfinity Stream Beta app to work you will see a welcome message on the Samsung Smart TV screen.
- At this point, you need to click on “Get Started” to continue. For a successfully activated device, you will see the app “Main menu.”
- Under “Let’s started” you will see the Xfinity Samsung Smart TV activation code and instruction to go to xfinity.com/authorize on a web browser, enter the activation code and follow the instruction on the screen to complete the process.
- Go to www.xfinity.com/authorize on a web browser on your phone or computer.
- Enter the www.xfinity.com/authorize Samsung activation code on the screen of the TV and click “Continue” to proceed.
- At this juncture, you will be prompted to sign in to your Xfinity account. Enter your Xfinity username and password and select “Sign In.”
- A successful message will appear that you have activated Xfinity TV on your Samsung Smart TV successfully. The Xfinity Stream app activation code screen will be updated shortly and you will be taken to the Xfinity app main menu.
- The Xfinity app terms and conditions page will appear. Read through the terms and conditions and click on “Yes” to accept or “No Thanks” to reject the conditions and terms governing the app after which you will be taken back to the app activation stage with the activation code and xfinity.com/authorize page.
- You will be asked to give your device a name. For easy troubleshooting, give your device a name and select “Confirm” to make changes.
After the whole processes above you will be taken to the Xfinity main menu on your Samsung Smart TV and your device will be ready to go streaming Xfinity using the Stream app beta.
Xfinity.com Authorize Roku TV or Roku Stick
Before you can activate and authorize the Xfinity Stream app on either your Roku TV or Roku stick you first need to install both the Xfinity internet and Xfinity TV service. With the basic requirement in place, the tips below will guide you with the Xfinity.com authorize on your Roku.
- Press the “Home” button on your Roku remote control to navigate back to the device homepage.
- Now, navigate to the streaming device “Streaming Channel” and search for “Xfinity Stream Beta Roku” using the device keyboard on the screen.
- Select the Xfinity Stream Beta Roku from the search result and click on “Add Channel” to download and add the streaming app to your Roku TV or stick.
- Once the Xfinity Stream Beta Roku app has been downloaded and installed successfully you will see a “Finish” message. Then, press “OK” to close the congratulatory message.
- To authorize the Xfinity Stream Beta Roku app, navigate to “Streaming Channel” and launch the Xfinity app.
- Locate the option to “Sign In” to the top right on the app screen and select it.
- To begin the authorization you will see the Xfinity Roku activation code on the TV screen and the instruction to go to Xfinity.com authorize to validate the activation code on the screen.
- Now, go to Xfinity.com/authorize on a web browser on your phone or computer. Do not use the Roku TV as the browser as this will refresh the Xfinity authorize activation code and renders the initial code invalid or you will encounter an error message saying the Xfinity.com/authorize not working.
- Enter the 6 digit activation code on your Roku TV or stick and click on the “Continue” button. This might take a few seconds. Once the code is validated and activated. You will be prompted to log in to your Xfinity account with your username and password.
- Once you’ve logged in you will see a success message and the Xfinity com authorize page and activation code screen will refresh itself and disappear.
- To start exploring the Xfinity Stream Beta Roku app you will be asked to read and accept the terms and conditions. Scroll down to the bottom and click “Accept” to proceed. Clicking on “No Thanks” will clear the “Xfinity.com authorization” code from your Roku TV or Stick and you will be prompted to start all over again until you decided to accept the terms and conditions of use.
- To be able to troubleshoot the Xfinity Stream app on your Roku device give your device a name and click on the “Confirm” button.
Once this is done you will see the Xfinity main menu and this will tell you that you have successfully authorized your Xfinity Stream Beta on your Roku streaming device.
Xfinity.com Authorize Fire TV [Amazon]
Once your Amazon Fire TV meet the minimum or basic requirement you will be able to download and activate the Xfinity Stream Beta app on your device. An Amazon account is needed to authorize the Xfinity app on your Amazon Fire TV.
- First, you want to sign in to your Amazon account so that you can download the Xfinity app and install it on your device. That is the first step. So, if you have not created an Amazon login just make sure you create one to be able to authorize the Xfinity Stream app on the device.
- This is only for an Amazon Fire TV that hasn’t been activated. Launch the Xfinity Stream app on your Amazon Fire TV app store and you should see a welcome screen with an option to get started. On the contrary, if you have completed the Xfinity.com/activate on the Amazon Fire TV you will be taken to the main menu. But if this is your first time, select “Get Started.”
- The Xfinity Stream app Beta will pop up the Fire TV authorization code and a link to www.xfinity.com/authorize and how to authorize the code to activate the app on the Fire TV.
- On a different browser with internet access. You can use your phone or computer but make sure you didn’t use the Fire TV browser so as not to navigate away from the Fire TV authorization code page. Go to https://xfinity.com/authorize.
- Type the Fire TV authorization code on the screen as you see it and click on the “Continue” button to proceed.
- Before the authorization code will be accepted you first need to sign in to your Xfinity account with your login credentials. Once you have logged in successfully you will see a success message that you have successfully activated the Xfinity Stream app on the selected device.
- The Xfinity.com/authorize and the activation code page will automatically refresh and the app terms and condition page will populate.
- Accept it and you will be taken to the main menu.
And now you can start exploring and streaming live events or programs on the Xfinity Stream Beta app.
Xfinity.com Authorize Chromecast
The easiest way to authorize the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Chromecast is by casting the app using online or the official Beta app on your phone. So, in this approach, we are going to consider both approaches to cast the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Chromecast.
Xfinity.com Authorize: Cast Stream Beta App on Chromecast Online
- Log into your Xfinity account with your username and password.
- While watching your choice of program navigate to “player” to display the “player control” option.
- On the “Mini-player” screen click on the “Casting” button to the left of the screen.
- Connect to your “Chromecast” device by clicking on the “Casting” button. Once the casting is established the button will turn solid.
- Click on the “Casting” button and select “Chromecast.”
- Alternatively, you should see the “Casting” button on the left side of the screen just before the search box.
- Click on the “Casting” button and select “Chromecast.” Wait until the “Cast” button turns “Solid” to indicate that the device is ready to cast.
- Once the cast is ready the “Xfinity” logo will appear on the screen. Choose the available device to cast to and an indication that the device is under connection will appear [connecting].
- Instantly, an indication on your TV will popup and you are ready to go.
Once you are done streaming to stop the casting just click on the casted device name and click on “Stop casting.”
Xfinity.com Authorize: Cast on Xfinity App
- Launch the Xfinity app on your Smartphone and select the option to sign in.
- Enter your username and password to sign in.
- Tap the “Cast” button to the top right of the app screen.
- Find the TV that is connected to the “Chromecast” and select it from the list.
- Wait until the “Cast” button turns solid.
- Find the program to cast from the app to your Chromecast.
Xfinity.com authorize on Chromecast doesn’t require the usual authorization code just like other streaming devices that are discussed above.