Starz is a well-known streaming service based in the US that started operations in 1994 and it has gained ground among people from all across the world with its wide range of shows and movies since then. In case you desire to have Starz as your channel on your Roku or other devices you should know how to install and activate Starz on Roku.
You can not only watch Starz on Roku, but it’s possible to also activate it on Nexus Player, Apple TV, Xbox and can be used on all these various devices for streaming. The Starz premium subscription gives you free access to its wide range of content, documentaries, and movies.
Is Starz new to you? Then this article is what you need at this moment. This article centers majorly on how to activate Starz on Roku. In case you have Starz as a channel then you have access to enjoy numerous shows, movies, and videos. Starz provides outstanding and commendable movies you can watch in the comfort of your home.
In case Roku is your choice, we’ve spelled out the Starz channel activation steps in this article. Learn the activation steps first and then begin with the process. The first step is adding the Starz channel. It is very easy to download an app from the Roku Channel Store because of its user-friendly design. The channels are positioned correctly under various categories for prompt access. In addition, you can always search for any channel.
You will learn how to go about your subscription on the Starz service, how to install the Starz app, how to activate the Starz app on your Roku device and common issues you might encounter in the course of activating Starz on Roku. Follow through the steps and you will be glad you did.
Subscribe to Starz Service
Do you wish to have unlimited access to your favorite content on Starz, then all you need to do is just subscribe to the channel by purchasing the premium plan. Follow the steps below to subscribe to the Starz channel:
- Go to the official website of Starz (www.starz.com) from your PC or smartphone.
- Select to start the free trial tab and click on it.
- Log in with your details (Email ID and password).
- Add the Starz app to the devices (since it’s possible to watch shows from the streaming gadgets).
- Enter the mobile number where the activation code will be sent.
- Enter the code you received in the appropriate space.
- You will be directed to the payment page.
- Fill in your payment information then a one-week free trial will be activated.
- You will need to pay according to your subscription plan after a week.
Create A Free Roku Account
To enjoy Starz on Roku TV, the process is quite simple. After registering for the Starz subscription, you can then sign up for Roku TV to Activate Starz on Roku. After completing the Roku TV signup process which has been stated below, you can now go to the Channel Store of Roku TV and look for the option, Starz Play.
Roku has a private “no credit” link available. You can create a free account and register your Roku device without filling in any payment info. Follow the steps below to create a Roku account:
- Go to https://my.roku.com/signup/nocc to create a free account and register your Roku.
- An account is created when you enter your name, email address, and other information requested on the first screen and then click “Continue”.
- Enter a valid email address to use for your Roku account.
- Switch to your PC or smartphone to activate and link your Roku TV (It takes a few minutes to receive the activation email from Roku).
- In case you do not get the activation email in your inbox, check your spam folder
- Your Roku TV must be linked to a Roku account.
How to Download and Install Starz App using Roku Mobile App
Some Android and iOS users can use the Roku Mobile app to install Starz casually. Follow the few steps below to download the Roku Starz app:
- From Google Play Store on your smartphone, download the Roku Mobile app.
- Open the Roku Mobile app by launching it on the respective device.
- Enter your Roku login details.
- Tap on the Channels menu option and search for Starz.
- Click on the Add Channel button to download the Starz channel.
- To find Starz on its main screen, launch your Roku player.
- Lastly, click on the Starz channel on your Roku to start using it.
Other Method to Download/Install Starz On Roku
Another way to download and install Starz TV App apart from using the Roku Mobile App is stated below:
- Open the Roku Channel Store.
- Type the app name Starz in the search box.
- Tap on the Add Channel button on Roku Channels Store to download Starz on your Roku.
- Launch the Starz app by clicking on it from the Roku Channels list after installation.
- Then you are good to go
This method is easier than the former, but you can go ahead with whichever one works best for you.
How to Activate Starz on Roku Streaming Device
Adding Starz to Roku involves the same process as adding any channel and it’s very straightforward. To activate Starz on Roku, follow these steps:
- A TV and the Roku device are needed and after that sign in to Roku.
- Go to the Home Screen of Roku and select the Streaming Channels tab.
- Search for Starz in the search bar.
- Go to the Starz activation portal from your computer.
- Tap on the OK option to add the app to your Roku account.
- Launch and log in to your Starz account.
- Fill in your correct login credentials.
- Navigate to “http://activate.starz.com/”
- An activation code will be displayed on your screen, save it somewhere.
- Enter the code to activate Starz on Roku in the space provided on your TV screen.
- Finally, tap on the Submit button, and your activation process will be completed.
Common Errors to Encounter While Activating Starz On Roku
Solve the Starz channel activation errors by using the following troubleshooting tips;
- Check your internet network connection problem and solve this issue by connecting your device to the router that has a fast-speed network connection.
- If your Roku account is not valid, try creating a new account by visiting the respective web page.
- Uninstall and install the Starz app once again. At times, the app creates unimaginable problems
- Introduce a different streaming device for activating the channel and check if the error continues.
- Check your Television Capabilities.
Cancel Starz Account On Roku
In case you wish to cancel your Starz account after Starz activate on Roku, follow these instructions below:
- Navigate to https://my.roku.com in a web browser.
- Log in to your Roku account, if you are not signed in.
- Click on “Manage your subscriptions” (a list of your subscribed networks will be displayed).
- Tap on Starz.
- Click on Unsubscribe.
- To complete the cancellation, follow the on-screen instructions step by step.
I hope this write-up solved every issue regarding the activation process of Starz on your Roku device. Let’s know if this article was quite helpful in the comment section below. For more related articles, kindly click here.