Are you stuck with Bosch dishwasher error code e24? if yes, you don’t need to panic as it is a common issue among Bosch dishwasher appliances. Probably you’ve just loaded your dishwasher to begin a wash cycle, but you can’t seem to wrap your head around why it is not starting.
If you are experiencing this, take your time to read through this article as I will be breaking down some simple troubleshooting steps anyone can do to resolve this issue and why it happened in the first place
Let’s get to it.
About the Bosh Dishwasher error code e24
This might be the first time you are faced with this. If it is, you are experiencing the error code e24 issue because your drain hose is clogged with dirt particles or your drain filter is filled with specks of dirt.
Either way, something is blocking water from draining out of the Bosch Dishwasher which is why you are facing a Bosch Dishwasher error code e24.
Below, we will be talking about the different ways you can troubleshoot it
How to Troubleshoot Bosch Dishwasher Error code e24
In most cases, the e24 error code might require a simple cleaning of your drain filter while it could also require you to replace a component in the dishwasher. It all depends on which part of the dishwasher is clogged.
However, I will be starting from the easier troubleshooting method before progressing to the advanced ones
1 . Clean the Filter
A Bosch dishwasher filter can be located at the bottom of the dishwasher in case you want to check for any lint or dirt. If you are unsure of how to locate the drain filter, follow the instructions below
- Remove the bottom dish rack
- Take out the spray arm.
- Turn the top of the filter and take it out of the dishwasher.
- If you struggle to remove the filter, check the user manual for guidance
- After Taking the filter out, clean it with a brush, soap and warm water.
After cleaning the Drain filter the next thing you should inspect is the drain pump since it is easily accessible here.
2 . Check the Drain Pump
After cleaning the drain filter, you might want to also check the drain pump before coupling it back. An E24 error code can also be caused by a drain pump when it is blocked with dirt or debris
To check for an optimally working drain pump
NOTE: wear protective hand gloves before inserting your hand into the
- Pump and make sure the dishwasher is OFF.
- Check the pump cover for any blockages
- Remove any items you find inside the drain pump and check that the pump’s impeller can turn freely.
- Lift the float to check if the pump isn’t faulty. when the float is lifted the drain pump should activate itself. If it doesn’t, then the pump has issues.
3 . Check for Kinked Hoses
If your hose is kinked, the dishwasher won’t drain properly which could result in a bosch dishwasher error code e24. Over here, what you need to do is;
- Simply locate the Hose using the manual
- Now, check the hose, whether it is kinked
- If it is you only need to straighten it out and bend it correctly while waiting to see if there is any movement of water in the hose.
4 . Check the Drain Hose
For the drain pump to be blocked there is a high probability that the particle or debris is from the drain hose. As such, you should also check for blockages in the drain hose before coupling the unit back.
All you have to do is remove the drain hose and thoroughly clean off any blockages. If you are unsure of how to do that you can follow the steps below
- Locate the drain hose (use the manual if you are stuck) which should be connected to the drain pump.
- Place a towel or container beneath the hose to catch any water that may spill.
- Disconnect the drain hose from the drain pump by removing the wire clamp with pliers. See if you can clear the blockage – a drain snake can be used.
- If necessary, detach the drain hose from under the sink.
- Clean the drain hose with hot water to dissolve soap build-up, and/or use a drain snake or drain cleaning tool.
- Return the drain hose to the dishwasher.
5 . Clean the Dishwasher
Another interesting way to resolve the Bosch dishwasher error code e24 is by running a cycle using a prescribed cleaning agent like baking soda or vinegar. However, this won’t work unless the dishwasher still drains.
That being said, here is how you can troubleshoot it
Using both vinegar and baking soda:
- Pour 1 cup of distilled white vinegar into a dishwasher-safe bowl.
- Place the bowl on the top rack in the dishwasher. Do not pour the vinegar directly into the dishwasher, as it will drain out when the dishwasher starts the cycle.
- Run a normal cycle without any dishes or detergent in the dishwasher.
- Sprinkle a cup of baking soda into the dishwasher and run a short hot cycle.
If after trying this, the Bosch dishwasher error code 24 is not resolved move on to the next step.
6 . Check the Air Gap
Since you are well aware that a clogged drain hose can cause a bosch dishwasher error code e24 issue, another part of the dishwasher you might want to check is the component connected to the drain hose. A clogged drain hose could also clog these components.
The components connected to your drain hose are air gap, garbage disposal, or S-trap which are all located under the sink.
If any of these components are blocked you will experience an error code 24 issue, so you have to check for blockages in them too.
Bosch dishwasher error code E24 reset
Not all Bosch dishwasher has a standard reset button. For those that have all you have to do is press the reset button. However, if your model doesn’t have one, you can hit the start button for 3 seconds
Bosch dishwasher error code E25
If you are stuck with an error code 25 here are some steps you can take to resolve it
- Verify that the drain pump cover is loose.
- You can locate the pump cover at the bottom of the dishwasher under the filter.
- Now check if the pump cover isn’t loose
- Check the pump for any dirt or debris, if there are any remove them
NOTE: Ensure you are wearing a protective cover as some debris might be sharp
If you are your Bosch dishwasher is not draining check here for a comprehensive guide on how to fix that.
Why am I getting the dishwasher error code E24?
If you are still getting a Bosch dishwasher error code e24 issue there are three components you have to inspect which are the inlet hose the siphon connection and the pump cover.
While checking the inlet hose, you need to check whether it is kinked or damaged while you check the siphoned connection whether it is well sealed
How do you force drain a Bosch dishwasher?
There are different ways to force drain your bosh dishwasher. You can either reset it by cutting out its power, either by unplugging it from the power socket or, by tripping off the dishwasher in the control panel.
Another way you can force drain it is by using baking soda and vinegar to flush out the dishwasher. However, you can’t directly pour the vinegar into the dishwasher you have to fill up a safe bowl with vinegar and run a short hot cycle.
Your Bosch dishwasher error code e24 issue is a common one you might experience when something is blocking your Bosch dishwasher from draining. However, you can limit the occurrence of this by following the instructions in the manual while making sure that the plates loaded into the dishwasher are free of any strange particles.
Also, if you are not comfortable disassembling the Bosch dishwasher you can contact Bosch customer support for repairs.