PureGym is a chain of 24-hour fitness gym all over the UK. They offer really cheap memberships because they have very few employees and also provide limited services. They have cardio equipment, weights and also offer exercise classes. If you will like to cancel PureGym membership, we will walk you through the process in this article.
PureGym is the first gym chain in Britain to have up to a million members. You are most likely one of these members who would like to cancel your membership. We will walk you through the PureGym membership cancellation process and how to adjust your account. We will also show you the various methods you can use to cancel your gym membership easily.
Unlike many contract gyms out there, PureGym allows you to cancel your membership at any time easily. However, there is a need to check out all your options to avoid any difficulties later, in case you plan to sign up again. Stick around with us and let us get right into it.
Table of Contents
How to Cancel PureGym Membership on Phone
You can cancel your PureGym membership fast and hassle-free over the phone. To do this, just follow the steps explained below.
- Grab your phone and call the PureGym cancellation team on 0344 477 0005.
- Once connected to a representative over the phone, explain that you will like to cancel your membership. Also, make sure you give reasons for your decision.
- You will be requested to provide some personal details associated with your account, to help the representative terminate your membership.
- Once your identity has been confirmed, your membership will be canceled.
How to Cancel PureGym Membership on Online
You can also cancel PureGym membership online following the steps below.
- If you own different bank accounts, you need to know the one that you use to pay for your PureGym membership.
- To proceed with your cancellation request, you will need to access your online banking or go to a physical bank if you don’t have online banking.
- To cancel your membership, you just need to cancel the direct debit you have with PureGym.
- After successfully canceling the direct debit, your membership will be canceled automatically. In case you have any difficulties doing this, just follow the method explained above.
How to Cancel PureGym Membership PureGym via Post
To effectively cancel your membership via postal service, you will need to get all of your membership details and include them in the letter you will write. You will also need to explain the reason for your cancellation request. Once you are done writing the letter, send it to:
Pure Gym Ltd,
Town Centre House,
You should receive a reply from PureGym in a few weeks.
How to Freeze your PureGym membership
While canceling your gym membership is a long term action, there are other short term solutions like freezing your membership. In case you are traveling for school, holiday or work, PureGym allows you to freeze your membership temporarily.
However, you need to note that this has to be for a minimum of a month and a maximum of three months within any 12 months. You will also need at least once an active month period between each frozen period. PureGym will reduce its membership fee to £5.99 for each frozen period.
With this, you no longer have to go through the stress of canceling and rejoining later, and you are also not wasting money on a service you are not using currently.
Note that if you don’t actively unfreeze your account, your payments will resume automatically after 3 months elapses.
How to Restart a PureGym Membership after Cancellation
If you changed your mind after cancellation and would like to start your membership again, then the good news is that you would not need to pay a joining fee again. If you cannot do this by yourself online, then you can contact the PureGym Member Services. They will help you to reactivate your previous 8-digit PIN.
However, if you canceled your Direct Debit a few days ago and you suddenly change your mind about terminating your PureGym membership, you can quickly contact your bank to reverse the Direct Debit cancellation. You will also need to contact PureGym to inform them that you canceled your membership mistakenly.
They can even help you to set up a new Direct Debit with no disruption at all to your account and also your membership. If you leave your account for a while after the cancellation, you are likely to get an email of promotional offers trying to win you back.
You should also read on how to cancel your Blink Fitness Membership here.
Now, you can easily cancel your PureGym membership and restart it anytime you want. You can also choose to freeze your account instead. If you have any challenges following our guide above, let us know in the comments section below.