With more than 100 languages, Facebook probably supports a language that you can read, and you can change the language in a few simple steps. There are two ways to choose a different language for Facebook. If you are on a computer, you can do this via your account settings or directly via the news feed. You can also edit it in a mobile browser and the Android app.
How to Change Facebook News Feeds and Account Language
How to change the language of your Facebook account using a computer. To change your default Facebook language using your computer, do the following:
1.Log into your in your Facebook account on Facebook.com on your computer’s web browser (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, etc.)
2. Press the down arrow on the Facebook menu bar. It’s in the top right corner of your screen next to the question mark.
3. This will open a menu. In the lower area, there is a tab labeled “Settings.” Click on it.
4. Select “Language” on the left of the screen.
5. You are now on the “Language Settings” page. Here you can change your Facebook language, choose the language your messages will be translated into, and choose the language you don’t want to translate. This is a great feature if you are bilingual and want to avoid incorrect translations of your friends’ messages. To change the Facebook language, click on “Change” on the right.
6. Select your preferred language from the drop-down menu.
7. Click “Save Changes” to confirm your language.
Change Facebook Language on News Feeds
1. Access your news feed (this page shows all your friends’ messages in a feed).
2. Scroll down until a field with a handful of languages appears on the right side of the screen.
3. You can select one of the visible languages listed in this area and then click on “Change language” in the context area. You can also click + on the right side of the field to open a list of all available languages.
4. Select the desired language from this list to make the change.
How to Change Facebook Language on Mobile
If you use your phone to change your language, you can go to the Facebook site or, if you have installed it, use the Facebook application.
If the app is not installed, go to Facebook.com in your phone’s web browser and do the following:
1. Log in to your Facebook account on Facebook.com. Click the menu button in the top right corner (there are three horizontal lines).
2. Scroll to the Help and Settings section and select “Language.”
3. Scroll down and select your language from the list. You can also use the search bar to speed up the process.
4. Click the language you want to use for Facebook, and the change will be made.
How to Change Language on Facebook on iPhone
1. Open the Facebook application and ensure that you are logged in.
2. Click the menu icon in the lower right corner (there are three horizontal lines).
3. Scroll down and click on “Settings and Privacy.” This opens a submenu. Select “Application language.”
4. The language of your Facebook application is set so that it matches the language of your phone (which can change in your phone settings). You can also choose your language manually from the list on this page. Scroll down or use the search bar to find your language and click to make the change.
How to Change Language on Facebook using Facebook App
1. Click the menu icon in the top right corner of the menu bar (these are the three horizontal lines).
2. Scroll down and open the “Settings and data protection” submenu. Choose your language. “”
3. Now select your language from the list provided. You can also set the default “device language,” which can be configured in your phone’s settings.
How to Pause Facebook Language
Have you changed Facebook for a language you don’t understand? Don’t worry, you can translate Facebook into your mother tongue fairly quickly, even if you don’t understand any of the menus or settings.
One way is to run Facebook through a translation service so that the entire website is translated into English on the fly to make reading easier. However, it doesn’t always work so well and is not permanent.
Regardless of the language, Facebook has the same format, so you can navigate when you know where the right buttons and menus are. Here’s an example where Facebook is in Brazilian Portuguese.
- Go directly to your language settings.
- Click Edit at the top right (this is in the currently configured language).
- Open the dropdown menu and search for your language. Click the blue-button in the menu to save the change.