Cox Webmail is an email service provider to purchase a fast internet speed package for business users in the United state. If you are from outside of the United state when you want to sign up for Cox mail you will be put behind a security check.
However, if you have successfully registered for Cox webmail address for your business to purchase a high-speed internet package. As it were, there are many other things you can do with the Cox login.
Here in this guide, I will explain a lot more detail of how useful the free email service can be such as whitelisting Cos users, configure Cox mail to download email to Microsoft outlook, a simple way to access Cox mail account using IMAP on smartphones, a detailed approach to backup Cox webmail inbox, fix Cox mail account if not working, and finally, tips to close webmail Cox account.
Table of Contents
How to Whitelist Cos Mail
You can whitelist Cox webmail just the way it’s possible to whitelist email addresses on Gmail, YahooMail!, and Yandex mail.
If you are using the Cox email service, the feature to block incoming and outgoing, as well as whitelisting are disabled by default. Therefore, to use this feature, you have to manually enable it.
- Open your browser and log into your Cox email account
- Click on the settings gear icon
- Click on Allow and Block Messages.
- If this is your first time to use the block and whitelist feature go to the advanced feature and activate the blocking feature.
- To whitelist email on Cox mail account
- Go to the Exception list and enter the list of email addresses you want to whitelist.
- Click on “OK” to make changes.
You can enter as many as possible numbers of email addresses to whitelist as well as the number of email addresses to block in the block and exception list.
How to Backup Cox Webmail
Cox offers different ways to backup email in their database with users permission with the help of the username and password. However, this email backup service isn’t the same in all level as the backup complexity and security layer differs.
If you are using the Cos email as one of your business email addresses you will be offered three different options to backup your Cox webmail which will be discussed.
Cox Account Automatic Backup
The automatic backup does the job to back up your Cox mail automatically working with the predefined backup schedules. The automatic back isn’t enabled by default. However, to use it, users need to authorize the Cox web application in the webmail.
While this feature isn’t made available to all users, but, if the feature is available in your own account you can simply utilize it and set Cox web application to backup your email automatically.
Cox allows each user to set up to 10 different mail account webmail. However, you first need to create a secondary account. After you have successfully created your secondary account, navigate to the main account and click on the menu settings and tap on the forward feature.
Now, type the new secondary account email created from above. Now, all email in the main email account will be automatically forwarded to the secondary address and thus creating another way to backup your webmail in Cox web application.
POP3 Access Cox Mail Backup
If you want to backup all email account in your Cox email account is to enable the POP3 access. This feature is more like the universal approach to backup Cox webmail account.
This feature is not enabled by default. For each user to use the POP3 Access to backup email on web application it has to be enabled manually.
However, to enable this, navigate to your menu settings option and enable the POP3. Now, if you have configured your Cos mail to work with outlook, the Cox server will automatically forward all incoming mail to your outlook account or the account linked to your Cox mail.
How to Link Outlook to Cox Webmail
With the Microsoft Outlook, you can download all Cox mail to your outlook account. If this configuration is done correctly using the require server address URL, you would not need to open Cox email account to read your incoming email as all Cox mail will be forwarded to your Outlook account automatically.
1. Open Outlook and click on the “File” tab. If this is your first time of doing this, click on cancel when the Outlook wizard comes up.
2. Go to the “Account Information” and click on “Add Account”
3. Select “Manual Server” or select manual under “Server Type” and click on the “Next” tab.
4. Now, select the “Internet E-mail” option and click on the “Next” button to proceed.
5. Now, fill the information accordingly and make sure you enter your real information. In the email section, type your Cox email address with @cox.net extension.
6. Go to the “Server Information” and select “POP3″ from the drop menu
7. In the “Incoming server” type “pop.cox.net” and type “smtp.cox.net” in the outgoing mail server field.
8. Go to the “Login information” section and enter your full “Cox mail” sign in username and password.
Note: Ignore the option that says requires login using SPA.
9. Now, click on the “More settings” for additional configuration.
10. Click Advanced >>SSL. Type “465″ in the server port section for an outgoing mail server.
11. Now, go to Incoming Server (POP3) and check the box that requires the Encrypted connection.
12. Finally, select SSL and make ” 995″ your SSL port
If you are using new Outlook, these procedures may be different. But, if you are using Outlook 2010, this is a perfect configuration for Outlook to work with Cox mail.
How to Close Cox Webmail
If you are tired of Cox webmail service for your business and you no longer want to keep your Cox account here is how to close your account.
1. Sign into your Cox mail account using your Cox username and password
2. Navigate to Preferences >> General Email Preferences in the drop menu
3. Both your main email account and the secondary accounts will be displayed if you ever created any.
4. Select the Cox email to delete and select “Delete” from the new message that appears.
5. Finally, click on “OK” on the message “Are You Sure You Want to Delete This Cox WebMail Account?”
Once this is done, your Cox webmail account will be deleted permanently and you will no longer be able to access it.
When you want to delete your email, make sure you really want to do it as you cannot recover deleted email account back. Also, to delete all your Cox email address including the main and the secondary email addresses at the same time, click to delete the main email address and all secondary email underneath it will be deleted as well.
Otherwise, when all your emails are displayed click on the particular secondary email to delete and follow the guide above to delete it.