Activate.apple.com is a web portal to activate Apple TV app on smart TVs to stream movies on smart TVs other than Apple TV and access all Apple customers information such as iTunes library, TV shows, paid/rented movies and all other movies that are available on your account on Apple.
With the activation code to activate Apple App on Fire TV, Firestick, Roku, Samsung smart TV and other smart TVs you will be prompt to go to Apple.com activate web portal on activate.apple.com to enter the activation code on your TV screen and click continue to process the request.
The benefits of activating the Apple TV app on smart TV include access to Apple Music, iTunes library, and you will be able to log in to your iTunes account on your smart TVs.
However, here in this guide you will learn how to install Apple TV app on smart TVs, view Apple TV app activation code, and go to activate.apple.com to activate Apple TV to view Apple music, iTunes library, iCloud account, and many more on smart TVs.
Table of Contents
Activate.apple.com is a web portal dedicated for all Apple customers to enter Apple TV app activation code on the smart TV that the customer installs the TV app to view Apple music, iTunes library, iCloud library, TV shows, movies (both paid and rented) and many more. The Apple TV app activation code link the smart TV that the app is installed to the Apple or iTunes account that the customer logged into the Apple TV app.
Apple TV App Activation Code
You can type the Apple TV app activation code on “activate.apple.com” or scan the QR code on your TV screen with your phone camera to activate the iTunes or Apple.com account that generated the Apple TV activation code on the smart TV.
Apple TV App Compatible Devices
Apple offers supports for varieties of smart TVs. However, the following smart TVs are fully compatible with the Apple TV app to install the app, sign in to your Apple’s account, view the activation code, and scan the QR code using your phone camera or go to www.activate.apple.com to activate Apple TV app on the device.
- How to activate Amazon Prime Video
- How to Activate Amazon Prime in the UK
- How to Activate Amazon Prime on Firestick.
|1||Samsung: The following Samsung devices are compatible with the Apple TV app.||-Samsung QLED 8K Q900R and Serif TV(2019).|
-Samsung QLED 4K Q90R, Q80R, Q70R, Q7DR, Q60R, and Q6DR (2019).
-Samsung Frame TV LSO3R/LSORN (2018 & 2019).
-Samsung 4K UHD TV RU8000, RU800D, RU740D, RU7300, RU730D, RU7100, and RU710D (2019).
-Samsung QLED 4K Q9FN, Q8FN, Q7CN, Q7FN, Q75FN, Q6FN, and Q65FN (2018).
-Samsung 4K UHD TV NU8500, NU8000, NU740D, NU7300, NU7200, NU7100, NU710D, NU6950, NU6900, NU6900B, NU6080, and NU6070 (2018).
-Samsung Smart Full HDTV N5300 (2018).
-Samsung FHD/HD 4, 5 Series (2018).
-Samsung QLED 4K Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9 Series (2018 & 2019).
-Samsung QLED 8K Q9 Series (2019).
-Samsung The Frame Series (2018 & 2019).
-Samsung Serif Series (2019)
-Samsung UHD 6, 7, 8 Series (2018 & 2019).
|2||Roku: If you have any of the following Roku TV you will be able to install Roku TV.||-Roku 4K TV A000X.|
-Roku TV 7000X, C000X, 8000X.
-Roku Smart Soundbar 9101X.
-onn.™ • Roku Smart Soundbar 9100X.
-Roku Express 3900X, 3930X.
-Roku Express+ 3910X, 3931X.
-Roku HD 3932X.
-Roku Streaming Stick 3800X.
-Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X, 3811X.
-Roku Premiere 3920X, 4620X.
-Roku Premiere+ 3921X, 4630X.
-Roku Ultra 4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X.
-Roku Ultra LT 4662X.
-Roku 2 4210X, 4205X.
-Roku 3 4200X, 4230X.
|3||Amazon Fire TV: Amazon Fire TV isn’t left out. The following are the list of Amazon Fire TVs that allow you to install Apple TV app.||-Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K (2018).|
-Amazon Fire TV Stick – Gen 2 (2016).
-Amazon Fire TV Stick – Basic Edition (2017).
-Fire TV Cube (Gen 2).
-Fire TV Cube (Gen 1).
-Fire TV – Gen 3 (2017).
-Nebula Soundbar – Fire TV Edition
|4||LG: LG Smart TV users can install Apple TV app on the following devices.||-LG OLED (2019).|
-LG NanoCell SM9X series (2019).
-LG NanoCell SM85 series or above (2019).
-LG NanoCell SM83 series or below (2019).
-LG UHD UM7X series (2019).
-LG UHD UM6X series (2019).
|5||Sony: Here is the list of Sony smart TV that is compatible with the Apple TV app.||-Sony Z9G Series (2019).|
-Sony A9G Series (2019).
-Sony X950G Series (2019).
-Sony X850G Series (2019 85″, 75″, 65″ and 55″ models).
|6||Vizio: The follow Vizio smart TVs can also download and install the Apple TV app.||-VIZIO P‑Series Quantum X (2019).|
-VIZIO P‑Series Quantum (2019 and 2018).
-VIZIO P‑Series (2018, 2017 and 2016).
-VIZIO M‑Series Quantum (2019).
-VIZIO M‑Series (2018, 2017 and 2016).
-VIZIO E‑Series (2018, 2017 and 2016 UHD models).
-VIZIO V‑Series (2019).
-VIZIO D‑Series (2018).
Setup Apple TV App on Amazon Fire TV
Here is your guide to setup Apple TV app on Amazon Fire TV and activate it using the activation code on activate.apple.com.
- Go to Amazon Fire TV app store on your smart TV.
- Search for “Apple TV app”, download and install the app.
- Launch the “TV app” on your Smart TV.
- Login with your Apple ID.
- Navigate to “Watching” in the TV app and leave your TV switched-on.
- Note the Apple TV app activation code on your TV screen.
- Go to activate.apple.com on your computer.
- Enter the activation code and click on “Continue”.
- Go to settings.
- Tap “Account” and sign in.
Now, you will start watching and streaming Apple +, movies, TV shows, rented movies, Apple music, and many more on your Fire TV.
You can only browser iTunes library, iCloud library, and other Apple account information on your Amazon Fire TV. Amazon Fire TV does not allow Apple customers to purchase Apple products directly from smart TVs.
How Activate.apple.com Works on Roku TV
Here is how to install Apple TV app on Roku to access iTunes library, iCloud library paid and rented movies on Apple.com platform, Apple Music, and many more on your Roku TV.
- Switch-on Roku TV.
- Press the “Home” button on your remote control.
- Navigate to “Channel Store” on Roku.
- Search for “Apple TV app” click on “add channel”.
- Launch the “Apple TV app ” on your Roku TV.
- Log into your Apple account with your Apple ID (username and password).
- Click on “Start watching” using your remote control to navigate to the option.
- Possibly, the “Apple TV app activation code” will appear on your TV screen.
- Go to activate.apple.com on your computer or smartphone.
- Enter the “Activation code” on your Tv screen.
- Click “Continue”.
The Apple TV app activation code on your TV screen will disappear and you will be able to explore Apple music, TV shows, Apple movies including paid and rented files and many more on your Roku TV.
Install and Activate Apple TV App on Samsung Smart TV
With any of the compatible Samsung smart TVs, you can follow these procedures to download, install, and activate Apple TV on your device.
- From Samsung TV screen press the “Home” button on the remote.
- Navigate to “Apps” and select it using the remote.
- Search for “Apple TV App” and click on the search button.
- Hover to “Install” using the remote control to install the app.
- Navigate to “Installed apps” and launch the “Apple TV App”.
- Enter your Apple login ID (password and username) and click “Login.
- Select “Start watching” using your remote.
- Note the “Apple TV app activation” code on the screen.
- Now, go to www.activate.apple.com on your internet handheld device.
- Enter the “Apple TV app activation code”.
- Click “Continue”.
The Apple TV app activation code (probably) will disappear and you will be able to browse through your contents on your Samsung smart TV. You can only browse your contents on this smart TV. As you are not allowed to purchase Apple’s products on smart TVs other than Apple smart TV itself as at the time of filing this report.
Please check this guide for more information on how to install apps on Samsung Smart TVs.
How to Setup Apple TV on Vizio
Here is how to set up and activate Apple TV app on the Vizio smart TVs.
- Switch on the Vizio smart TV.
- Press the “Via Key” on the TV remote control.
- Select “Connected TV store”.
- Choose “All apps” using the Vizio TV remote control.
- Search for “Apple TV app” and click “OK” on the app.
- Hover to “Install App” and click “OK” on the remote.
- Launch the “Apple TV app”.
- Click on “Start Watching”.
- Go to ww.activate.apple.com on your computer.
- Enter the “code to activate Apple TV on Vizio smart TV” on the screen.
- Click “Continue.
You can apply these approaches to other smart TVs to start watching and browsing Apple TV + on your chosen smart TV.