Activate.apple.com is a web portal to activate the Apple TV app on smart TVs to stream movies on smart TVs other than Apple TV and access all Apple customers’ information such as iTunes library, TV shows, paid/rented movies and all other movies that are available on your account on Apple.
With the Apple activation code to activate Apple App on Fire TV, Firestick, Roku, Samsung smart TV and other smart TVs on activate.apple.com, you will be prompted to go to Apple.com activation web portal which is on activate.apple.com to enter the activation code on your TV screen and click continue to process the request.
Well, don’t stress over this; this article will consider all the required steps need to complete the process in this guide.
The benefits of activating the Apple TV app on smart TV include access to Apple Music and iTunes library, and you will be able to log in to your iTunes account on your smart TVs.
However, here in this guide you will learn how to install the Apple TV app on smart TVs, view the Apple TV app activation code, and go to activate.apple.com to activate Apple TV to view Apple Music, iTunes library, iCloud account, and many more on smart TVs.
Activate.apple.com is a web portal dedicated to all Apple customers to activate their Apple stream channel on all supported devices by entering the Apple TV app activation code on the smart TV that the customer installs the TV app to view Apple Music, iTunes library, iCloud library, TV shows, movies (both paid and rented) and many more.
The Apple TV app activation code links both the smart TV and the app installed to the Apple or iTunes account that the customer logged into the Apple TV app.
Activate Apple TV Scan QR Code
There are two ways to get the Apple TV or Apple TV+ on your compatible devices. First, you can set up the Apple TV or TV+ on your device if it’s part of the compatible device using the automated process of using your phone camera to scan the QR code; which is referred to as the “activate Apple TV scan QR code” or sign in with the Apple TV activation code on a standalone website, https://activate.apple.com with the code display on the screen.
And secondly, you can use the second option called “On this TV” to sign into your account manually with your Apple ID and set up everything manually.
While the results are the same the processes are quite different. And for the same of this article, we will discuss how to scan the Apple TV QR code alongside other working methods.
- Turn on your smart TV [See the list of all compatible devices below]
- Go to the “Apps Store” and search “Apple TV app” or “Apple TV+ app.”
- Download the “TV” app from the search result.
- Launch the app once the installation process is completed.
- Sign in with your “Apple ID” via “Settings >> Account.”
- Choose the option to “activate apple tv scan QR code“
- Open your phone camera to scan the “QR Code” on the TV screen.
Once you have scanned the QR code using your phone camera you’d need to follow the instruction on the phone screen to complete the set-up process.
You need the Apple TV app activation code called the “activate.apple.com code” to complete the process and the code for the activation is unique for all devices.
While the process to activate the Apple streaming platform on all the supported devices (to be discussed below), the activate.apple.com code is different for all supported devices and is prone to expiring under a particular time or time frame.
Meanwhile, if you can activate the Apple streaming platform on your Samsung smart TV you can use the same discretion to activate the platform on your gaming consoles such as the Xbox or PS4.
To activate the streaming platform on your compatible device; you only need to type the Apple TV app activation code on “activate.apple.com” or scan the QR code (this is automated) on your TV screen with your phone camera to activate the iTunes or Apple.com account that generated the Apple TV activation code on the smart TV.
Activate.apple.com Invalid Code
One of the few setbacks includes the activate.apple.com invalid code which automatically stopped the code from working or activating the Apple TV app on your supported device.
While activate.apple.com invalid code isn’t something serious in this scenario, you can easily regenerate a new code to complete the activation process and fix activate.apple.com not working on your device.
If after generating the new activation code it still returns an invalid code then I’d suggest you disconnected the TV from your WiFi and restart the device.
Once you have successfully restarted the device; regenerate the code again and go to https://activate.apple.com to validate the code and see whether it’d fixed the activate.apple.com invalid code error message you are seeing.
Apple TV App Compatible Devices
Apple offers support for varieties of smart TVs and other streaming devices to widen its users’ coverage. However, the following smart TVs are fully compatible with the Apple TV app to download and install the app, sign in to your Apple account, view the activation code, and scan the QR code using your phone camera or go to www.activate.apple.com to activate Apple TV app on the device.
- How to activate Amazon Prime Video
- How to Activate Amazon Prime in the UK
- How to Activate Amazon Prime on Firestick.
|1||Samsung: The following Samsung devices are compatible with the Apple TV app.||-Samsung QLED 8K Q900R and Serif TV(2019).|
-Samsung QLED 4K Q90R, Q80R, Q70R, Q7DR, Q60R, and Q6DR (2019).
-Samsung Frame TV LSO3R/LSORN (2018 & 2019).
-Samsung 4K UHD TV RU8000, RU800D, RU740D, RU7300, RU730D, RU7100, and RU710D (2019).
-Samsung QLED 4K Q9FN, Q8FN, Q7CN, Q7FN, Q75FN, Q6FN, and Q65FN (2018).
-Samsung 4K UHD TV NU8500, NU8000, NU740D, NU7300, NU7200, NU7100, NU710D, NU6950, NU6900, NU6900B, NU6080, and NU6070 (2018).
-Samsung Smart Full HDTV N5300 (2018).
-Samsung FHD/HD 4, 5 Series (2018).
-Samsung QLED 4K Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9 Series (2018 & 2019).
-Samsung QLED 8K Q9 Series (2019).
-Samsung The Frame Series (2018 & 2019).
-Samsung Serif Series (2019)
-Samsung UHD 6, 7, 8 Series (2018 & 2019).
|2||Roku: If you have any of the following Roku TV you will be able to install Roku TV.||-Roku 4K TV A000X.|
-Roku TV 7000X, C000X, 8000X.
-Roku Smart Soundbar 9101X.
-onn.™ • Roku Smart Soundbar 9100X.
-Roku Express 3900X, 3930X.
-Roku Express+ 3910X, 3931X.
-Roku HD 3932X.
-Roku Streaming Stick 3800X.
-Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X, 3811X.
-Roku Premiere 3920X, 4620X.
-Roku Premiere+ 3921X, 4630X.
-Roku Ultra 4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X.
-Roku Ultra LT 4662X.
-Roku 2 4210X, 4205X.
-Roku 3 4200X, 4230X.
|3||Amazon Fire TV: Amazon Fire TV isn’t left out. The following are the list of Amazon Fire TVs that allow you to install Apple TV app.||-Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K (2018).|
-Amazon Fire TV Stick – Gen 2 (2016).
-Amazon Fire TV Stick – Basic Edition (2017).
-Fire TV Cube (Gen 2).
-Fire TV Cube (Gen 1).
-Fire TV – Gen 3 (2017).
-Nebula Soundbar – Fire TV Edition
|4||LG: LG Smart TV users can install Apple TV app on the following devices.||-LG OLED (2019).|
-LG NanoCell SM9X series (2019).
-LG NanoCell SM85 series or above (2019).
-LG NanoCell SM83 series or below (2019).
-LG UHD UM7X series (2019).
-LG UHD UM6X series (2019).
|5||Sony: Here is the list of Sony smart TV that is compatible with the Apple TV app.||-Sony Z9G Series (2019).|
-Sony A9G Series (2019).
-Sony X950G Series (2019).
-Sony X850G Series (2019 85″, 75″, 65″ and 55″ models).
|6||Vizio: The following Vizio smart TVs can also download and install the Apple TV app.||-VIZIO P‑Series Quantum X (2019).|
-VIZIO P‑Series Quantum (2019 and 2018).
-VIZIO P‑Series (2018, 2017 and 2016).
-VIZIO M‑Series Quantum (2019).
-VIZIO M‑Series (2018, 2017 and 2016).
-VIZIO E‑Series (2018, 2017 and 2016 UHD models).
-VIZIO V‑Series (2019).
-VIZIO D‑Series (2018).
With Apple offering supports for the devices listed above, we will consider the steps to take to complete the activation process for each of the devices below.
Apple.com Activate on Amazon Fire TV
Apple offers a straightforward approach to complete the Apple.com activate on Amazon Fire TV. So, you can follow the steps below to learn how to complete Apple.com activate on your Fire TV from the start to the end.
- Go to the Amazon Fire TV app store on your smart TV.
- Search for “Apple TV app”, and download and install the app.
- Launch the “TV app” on your Smart TV.
- Log in with your Apple ID.
- Navigate to “Watching” in the TV app and leave your TV switched on.
- Note the Apple TV app activation code on your TV screen.
- Go to activate.apple.com on your computer.
- Enter the activation code and click on “Continue”.
- Go to settings.
- Tap “Account” and sign in.
Now, you will start watching and streaming Apple +, movies, TV shows, rented movies, Apple music, and many more on your Fire TV.
You can only browse the iTunes library, iCloud library, and other Apple account information on your Amazon Fire TV.
Amazon Fire TV does not allow Apple customers to purchase Apple products directly from smart TVs.
Whether you have the Roku TV or Roku stick attached to your non-smart TV to make it smart, the following procedures walk you through the steps to complete activate.apple.com Roku on your device.
- Switch on Roku TV.
- Press the “Home” button on your remote control.
- Navigate to “Channel Store” on Roku.
- Search for “Apple TV app” and click on “Add channel“.
- Launch the “Apple TV app ” on your Roku TV.
- Log into your Apple account with your Apple ID (username and password).
- Click on “Start watching” using your remote control to navigate to the option.
- The “Apple TV app activation code, activate.apple.com, and the steps to take” will appear on your TV screen.
- Go to activate.apple.com on your computer or smartphone browser.
- Enter the “Activation code” displayed on your TV screen.
- Click “Continue”.
After a couple of seconds, the activate.apple.com Roku screen instruction will refresh itself automatically and you will be granted access to start exploring the service on your Roku device.
Activate.apple.com on Samsung TV
Activate.apple.com on Samsung TV works on some selected Samsung TV OS since the device has since changed its operating system in 2017. So, to complete activate.apple.com; you’d ensure that you are not using the Samsung TV with Tizen OS as this might not have the Apple TV streaming app available in the app store.
But if your Samsung TV is running on Android OS; the following steps will walk you through the steps to take to complete activate.apple.com on Samsung TV.
- From the Samsung TV screen press the “Home” button on the remote.
- Navigate to “Apps” and select it using the remote.
- Search for “Apple TV App” and click on the search button.
- Hover to “Install” using the remote control to install the app.
- Navigate to “Installed apps” and launch the “Apple TV App“.
- Choose the “Login” or “Sign in” button.
- Enter your Apple login ID (password and username) since it’s an Apple device and click on the “Login” button.
- Select “Start watching” using your remote.
- Note the “Apple TV app activation” code on the Samsung TV screen and the activation portal; https://activate.apple.com.
- Now, go to www.activate.apple.com on your mobile phone or computer device.
- Enter the “Apple TV app activation code”.
- Click “Continue”.
Once the activation code is validated the Apple TV code screen and instruction page, including the https://activate.apple.com screen will refresh itself to load the start watching option you earlier selected. If all things were equal, you’d be granted access to unlock the platform on your Samsung smart TV.
If your Samsung TV doesn’t support the Apple TV app to stream your favourite content on your device; you can consider Paramount Network for free streaming service on your Samsung with your TV provider’s network login [without any additional charges] or Paramount Plus if you don’t have a TV provider’s account.
Activate.apple.com Vizio TV
The Vizio TV is another type of TV that supports the Apple TV streaming platform and activate it via activate.apple.com on any device with internet access.
- Switch on the Vizio smart TV.
- Press the “Via Key” on the TV remote control.
- Select “Connected TV store”.
- Choose “All apps” using the Vizio TV remote control.
- Search for “Apple TV app” and click “OK” on the app.
- Hover to “Install App” and click “OK” on the remote.
- Launch the “Apple TV app”.
- Click on “Start Watching”.
- Go to ww.activate.apple.com on your computer.
- Enter the “code to activate Apple TV on Vizio smart TV” on the screen.
- Click “Continue.
You can apply these approaches to other smart TVs to start watching and browsing Apple TV + on your chosen smart TV.
Activate.apple.com on Sky
This article will help you to watch Apple TV on Sky via activate.apple.com on Sky. Meanwhile, Apple allows users to watch Apple TV+ on Sky for a fixed amount per month without ads.
The Apple TV+ is available on Sky for all customers using Sky Q, Sky Glass, and Sky Stream but you need to subscribe to the platform. However, new Sky customers who haven’t subscribed to Apple TV+ can enjoy an extended 6 month free trial between now and March 31st, 2023 after which the monthly fee will be £6.99/€6.99.
Note: You can cancel your Apple TV+ anytime to stop airing on your Sky TV.
To start using the Apple TV+ on your Sky TV kindly follow the steps below.
- Switch on your “Sky” TV and connect the device to your “WiFi.”
- Say “Get Apple TV+” into your “Sky Voice Remote”
- Once gotten launch the app and start your free trial.
- Go to the “Sky VIP” category.
- Click on “Get Apple TV+ 6-month free trial.”
- Choose “Go to the my Sky app.”
- Follow the instruction to download the app and you are good.
You can cut ties with the Apple TV+ on your Sky at any time and resume when you fee it’s safe for you to do so.
Activate.apple.com not Working
It will hurt a bit if you downloaded and installed the Apple TV app and ended up with activate.apple.com not working on your Samsung TV or other supported devices.
A few errors you could encounter and bring about activate.apple.com not working include;
- Apple TV opens on your device but you are unable to sign in.
- You were able to sign but the Apple TV video won’t play.
- Your purchase on the Apple TV is not showing up.
These are common issues you will encounter with the Apple TV or Apple TV+ not working on your device.
Fixing these issues varies and should be addressed differently. Therefore, we will consider the steps to take to fix activate.apple.com not working on Samsung TV and other devices below.
Apple TV Video not Playing or Play with Low Quality
If the Apple TV video you selected is not playing you should try the following troubleshooting tips.
- Choose another video from the Apple TV app to see if the issue occurs. If it does, you’d need to contact Apple support.
- Try to use another streaming app such as YouTube TV or Netflix or Paramount Network to see if it works perfectly. If it does, then the issue is internal and you may need to contact Apple support.
- Check your internet speed to confirm its stability. You need an internet speed of at least 25 Mbps for 4k streaming while for HD resolution, you’d need at least 5 Mbps.
- If none of these works; you should consider resetting your device to the default and see if it’ll fix the issue. And sometimes, restarting the device may be the way out.
Unable to Sign into the Apple TV App
This is also possible. If you are unable to sign into the Apple TV via the code you’d see activate.apple.com invalid code or something related. Therefore, you want to ensure that you are using the same login for your TV and device during the activation process.
Apple TV Crashes
It’s sometimes common for the Apple TV to open and later close automatically [crashes] leaving you with no option than to open the app again but the app still repeats the same glitch.
If that is what you face when you said activate.apple.com not working; then, the troubleshooting tips below should help to resolve it.
- Re-open the Apple TV app once it crashes.
- If it crashes again try to update the Apple TV app via your TV’s app store.
- Clear the app cache: if the app stores excess cache it can cause the app to start malfunctioning. The only way to fix this varies depending on your device.
- Update your TV OS in case there is an update available. You should know that each software update comes with something to fix with a lot of improvements.