This is for a novice to create a Gmail account on Android or computer. There is no limitation to the total number of Gmail account you can create. But, there is a limitation on number the time that your phone number can be used to verify a Google Gmail account.
Gmail has a lot of advantages when compared to others. It grants access to all Google service for free. This implies that you do not need to create another Gmail account for different Google different service. With a single Gmail account all Google services are all accessible.
What is Gmail?
Gmail is a free email service offers by Google with over 1.5 billion active users globally. The Google Gmail account can be accessed on the web via www.gmail.com or on mobile app using the official Google Gmail app.
The Google Gmail can be used via the client on your smartphone and Windows/Mac computer via what is known as POP and IMAP protocol.
Gmail account is one out of tens of services to enjoy from Google but we are not going to talk about the Google search as the biggest goon. If you have a valid Gmail account, you may consider using Google plus (retired), Google webmaster tool as a blogger (now Google search console), Google analytics, YouTube to make money, Google hangout for video chat, Google AdSense, Google Admob, Google map, blogger Blogspot, play-store for Android users to mention a few.
However, if you need to create a Gmail account to be able to use all these services we recommend you go through this post from start to finish.
Meanwhile, you don’t need to create a separate account for each service, rather you only need one account login password to access the entire service.
Once you have successfully created a valid Gmail account either for business or personal use, you only need to provide the email login or sign in password and username at the point of need.
Take, for instance, just the way you login to your Facebook account using your Facebook account username and password, so also you will need your Gmail account username and password to access your Gmail account from any device; whether on Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linus etc.
If you have never created a Gmail account before then you are reading the exact match topic or post.
Here in this post today, I’ll share with you the exact procedure you can follow to open a Gmail account in just minutes, verify your Gmail account, sign out your Gmail account for the first time, and everything you need to create a Gmail account
What you Need to Create a Gmail Account
Just like I used to say. I will still repeat the same statement here in this post, You don’t need to be a rocket scientist or first-class student to open a Gmail account and to operate a valid Google Gmail account. What you need is as simple as you could ever imagine.
If you are ready now to open a valid Gmail account get the following ready. And in the next headlines, we’d teach you the exact steps you need to follow to create a Gmail account for the first time.
- Computer or smartphone with internet access
- Username and password
- Google website to create a Gmail account (we will provide that in this post).
- Pen and paper to write down your username and password.
- Valid phone number to verify your Gmail account.
- Your hands to type on your chosen device.
- Browser such as Google Chrome, Opera mini, Firefox, Safari, Epic browser, Internet Explorer etc.
How to Pick a Gmail Account Username
This question is really disturbing many Gmail users. Most importantly, when it comes to choosing a username, people find it very difficult most especially when there presumed username has been taken by another user.
Although, Google do suggest new usernames at the point of Gmail account creation which may be different from the one you wanted to use. However, if you have difficulties in picking the right username for your Gmail account you may find the following suggestion helpful.
- Use your nickname, it’s acceptable
- You can use your surname or first name, it’s acceptable
- You can also use your initial and first name (e.g Awright). A is my initial and wright is my name
- You can use your business brand name if you are opening a Gmail account for business purpose.
- Use what you can easily remember like your pet name
- Make your Gmail username is fun and easy to remember
There is no rule guiding the name you can use as your Gmail account username but you may want to restrict it to a more reasonable one in case you want to use it for important assignments in the future.
In the next headline, we’d talk about how to choose the best password combination for your Gmail account so to protect it from hackers.
How to Choose Password Before You Create Gmail Account
Your Gmail account password can be anything but it must be what you can easily remember, difficult for an intruder to guess and conform to Google rules. It’s advisable that your Gmail password should be a combination of letters, numbers, punctuation etc.
But to safe you from racking your brain all in the name of choosing a password, you may want to follow the suggestion below.
- Use a password generator to generate a strong password for your email account (see password generator).
- Use a combination of alphabets, digits and punctuation.
- Use at least 8 words combined
- Always use what you can remember as your password
Never Use the Following When You Create Gmail Account Password
Although you can use whatever you like as your Gmail password in as much as you wouldn’t want to lose your account to hackers, you should always take cognizance of the following and never use them as a password to your Gmail account.
- Never use your birthday date (Which can easily be guessed)
- Never use words alone
- Don’t use short words like Pastor, mommy, friendship etc if at all you want to use words alone.
- Don’t use your name or girlfriend’s name as your password
There are still more to mention but to mention a few, avoid using these as your Gmail account password else you may lose the account to an intruder or have multiple users operating the same account due to carelessness or negligence.
How to Create a Gmail Account
At this point, you should have everything you need to create the Gmail account now. And not only that, you should be able to identify what you need to open your own Gmail account now.
The following depicts the exact match steps I follow to open my new Gmail account and verify it within a few minutes, which you too can follow to do the same and create an account with Gmail.
- Go to the Gmail account creation page either on a smartphone or PC to access both the sign-in (for old users) and sign-up (for new users) page.
- Enter your real surname and first name
- Choose a username following the guide provided above
- Choose a username that cannot be easily guessed
- Choose your gender
- Provide a valid phone number (It must be in your working phone for verification)
- Choose your current location
2. After you have provided the appropriate details above accept Google Gmail account terms and conditions.
3. Your browser will load the page and you will be taken to the Gmail account verification page.
4. Now, from the drop menu select your means of verification. Preferably, go for the call option if you have not used the number to create a Gmail account multiple times and click on the continue button.
5. Google will put a call through to you via the mobile number you entered to dictate your account digits verification codes or send an SMS to the phone number provided if your choose the SMS option.
5. Google will take you to your Gmail account homepage for the first time loading the standard interface. But for low bandwidth or weak internet connection, consider loading basic HTML for fast connection and loading.
6. To continue using the Gmail basic HTML next time you logged into your Gmail account using your Gmail username and password you created above, Set basic HTML as the default view.
Congratulations you have successfully created your first Gmail account. This should take you less than 5 minutes is followed correctly.
How to Send an Email With Your Gmail Account
The purpose, while you created your Gmail account, will either be for you to receive or send messages to your friends, from companies, or receive notifications from social media such as Facebook and the like.
Meanwhile, you need to always keep your Gmail account password and username intact whenever you want to log in to your account. However, here is the simple process you need to follow to send your first email message using the Gmail account you created.
1. Visit the Gmail account login page and log in with your password and username previously created
2. To the left page of your Gmail account once logged in, click on compose above inbox
3. Enter the recipient Gmail into the row that says ‘To’, if you want to copy yourself enter your Gmail account into the ‘cc’ section, and enter the purpose of the email into the ‘subject section’ (Make sure it doesn’t look spammy else it will end up in junk box), compose your message into the last box, attach files or images if need be and click on the Send button or draft to send later.
Congratulations you have sent your first Gmail message. If you don’t know who to send your first email account to you can send it to me at Gadgetswright@gmail.com with the subject “create Gmail account” and I will reply to confirm you have successfully opened a Gmail account.
How to Login to Gmail Account on Gmail App
For mobile users, it is faster and quicker to access your Gmail account using the official Gmail mobile app. And here, I will walk you through how to add your Gmail account to your Android phone.
- Open the Gmail app on your Android phone.
- Tap on your Google Profile picture to the top right.
- Tap “Add another account” if you already added a Gmail account to the phone.
- Under “Set up email” click on “Google.”
- The Gmail app will show “Checking info” and you will prompted to enter your screen lock password.
- Enter your Gmail username andclick on the Next button to the bottom right.
- Type in the correct password and click on the “Next” button for confirmation.
Once you have successfully added the new Gmail account to your phone you will be able to send and receive all notifications on your phone.
How to Access Gmail on iPhone or iPad
How to add or access Gmail account on iPhone and iPad is a little bit tricky unlike Android smartphone. However, for iPhone and iPad users, to add the new Gmail account to your iPhone you would need to do it via either POP or IMAP.
And here, we will make use of the IMAP client to access the Gmail on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to your iPhone settings
- Choose”Mail >> Accounts.”
- Tap on “Account” >>”Others” >> “Add Mail Account.”
- Fill the columns provided with your name, new Gmail, password and describe your account.
- Click on the “Next” and wait for the email address to finish up automatically.
At the same time, you can also try a manual approach if the automatic approach failed and that is where IMAP comes in. So, we will walk you through the manual process to add the new Gmail account to your iPhone.
- Follow the steps above and wait until a failure message appears and then click on the “Next” button.
- To add another Gmail click on “POP or IMAP.”
- Enter the incoming mail server and outgoing mail server.
- Tap on the “Next” for the settings to automatically pull out the provided information detail.
- If the information provided is correct click on the Next button to save settings otherwise make the necessary changes and click on the save button to save changes.