macOS Catalina 10.15 being the Apple’s latest software means a lot Mac computer users and the new macOS installer has recorded a major breakthrough as well as an error to fix. However, to create a macOS Catalina 10.15 bootable USB flash drive will soon be on the high side.
If you are Window users, you’d know Win to .iso is a major discussion. So also is the new macOS Catalina installer, you may want to create a bootable USB flash with the Catalina, hence, this guide will teach you how to create macOS Catalina bootable USB flash drive.
For a start, you need the following basic requirements to create a bootable Catalina 10.15 on USB flash drive for a clean install.
- A USB flash drive with a minimum of 8GB size
- macOS Catalina 10.15 installer
With these available, we are good to go to create Catalina bootable USB flash to install macOS fresh on your Mac device.
Download macOS Catalina 10.15
You can download macOS Catalina 10.15 installer directly from the Apple store following the procedures below.
- On your Mac computer go to macOS Catalina download page
- Click on the “Get” button to the top right
- Your Mac computer “System Preference” will be launched and macOS software download section will appear
- Click on “Upgrade Now” to start downloading macOS Catalina 10.15 to the Mac computer
- Save the “Installer” on your machine.
Now, we have successfully downloaded Catalina 10.15 installer that will be used to create a bootable USB flash drive.
macOS Catalina 10.15 Bootable USB Flash
Here is how to create macOS Catalina bootable USB flash for version 10.15 fresh installer. Download the Catalina 10.15 installer following the procedures above
- Click on Launcher >> Applications from the left side of the screen
- In the application folder, find the macOS Catalina installer file
- Right-click on the installer package
- Navigate to Contents >> Resources >> createinstallmedia file
- Launch the Mac computer “Terminal” on your mac while the”createinstallmedia file” remain opened
- Type “sudo” without quotes and click on the space bar
- Drag and drop the “createinstallmedia file” from the “Finder” Windows into the Terminal
- A text will be placed into the Terminal window
- Type –volume and click on the space bar
- You will be taken to “sudo [auto-populated string] –volume “
- Navigate back to the “Finder window”
- Click on connected drives and locate the USB flash drive that you connected to your PC
- Click on this, drag and drop it into the Terminal window app
- The Mac full command will be pre-populated
- Click on “Return” on your keyboard
- Enter your Mac password
- Type “Y” without quotes
- Press “Return” to proceed when prompted
- The next thing you will see is that the Terminal will show that the disk has been erased and prepared
- The Catalina 10.15 bootable will start coping from your machine to the USB flash drive to create a full bootable UBS drive to install macOS Catalina on Mac computer fresh.
Now, after the file has been copied successfully, you can remove the USB flash drive and it’ll be ready to use to install macOS Catalina 10.15 on other Mac OS devices.