Do you have a problem with your CUNYFirst login as a student? Or you want to know how DegreeWorks work as a graduate student of CUNYFirst to know what you need to focus on?
You don’t have to put on too much stress as a new student and how you’d cope after getting into the college. In every academic environment you found yourself, it is good to discover yourself and what requirement you are expected to stay above probation.
CUNYFirst login through the DegreeWorks allows you are a student to see whether you have met the college requirement, the course you want to major a lot, you should register for based on your course of study and what will like change in the next academic section.
Table of Contents
What is DegreeWorks?
DegreeWorks is the City University of New York (CUNY) web program or webpage that allows all the CUNY students to monitor their academic progress and areas that need more attention. The DegreeWorks students webpage help the students to:
1. know whether they have been able to meet up with the college requirements
2. Having known the college requirements, it helps the student to know which course to be taken to fulfil the requirement for the field of study
3. The DegreeWorks portal gives student insight on the possible change in academic requirement if you want to change your speciality or your major when you click on the “What if” feature when you sign in to your CUNYFirst account.
How to Submit CUNYFirst Application
The City University of New York application has to be submitted by each applicant online and wait for an email to confirm the application before students can claim their CUNYFirst student account.
It’s the email CUNYFirst sent to the applicant registration email that a link to claim applicant CUNYFirst account will be included. However, if you have submitted your CUNYFirst application and you have been mailed the link to claim your account kindly follow the proceedings below.
- Go to the CUNYFirst application page to apply to CUNYFirst if you meet the requirement.
- If you are applying as a future student click on start your application under this heading. If your application is ongoing click on finish your application button. Sign in to your account and continue with your application. If you forgot your password click on forgot password/username button to reset your password
- Click on start your application under the CUNY STUDENTS section. If you have started your application already click on finish your application.
- Under “I would like to apply as a” drop menu select a freshman applicant and wait for the page to load.
- Select your application as a freshman applicant and click on the next button to proceed with the questionnaire.
- Fill in your email address, full name as you want it to be in your application, select a password and username for yourself and click on the Next button.
Now, follow the instruction on the screen to finish up your CUNYFirst online application and wait for an email to claim your CUNYFirst account.
How to Claim your CUNYFirst Login
As City University of New York applicant, to sign in to your student account you must first claim your CUNYFirst account.
- Open your hand-held smart device and visit https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu
- On the CUNYFirst login page click on “New User”
- You will be taken to the account activation page enter your full name (as it’s to be written in your CUNYFirst application), date of birth
- Enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number in the #ss filed
- Proof that you are not a robot and click on the submit button
- Click on your email ID or choose to enter another email address for CUNYFirst validation code to be sent to your email.
- Sign in to the email address you entered above, open the email, click on the validation email, and create your account password or enter the old password and click on the continue button
- Type your mobile number starting with your region code to link your mobile number to your DegreeWorks account and click on the continue button.
- Select security questions and provide answers you can remember in time in case of when you forgot your CUNYFirst password you’d need to provide answers to the security questions to recover your password.
How to Recover Forgot CUNYFirst Login Password
You must always keep your CUNYFirst password safe for security purpose and personal use. However, if you forgot your password these tips can help you to recover it.
- Go to CUNYFirst login page and click on the forgot password in the blue pale.
- Enter your CUNYFirst login or EMPLID and click on the continue button.
- Provide answers to your DegreeWorks CUNYFirst security questions. Make sure that the answers are correct otherwise you’ll not be able to reset your password or username
- Set a new password in the column provided and click on the submit button
Now, the new password will be set as your password to login CUNYFirst. Even if you able to remember the old password it’ll no longer be useful.