You can delete your TikTok account quickly and easily via the app settings. Deleting your account is permanent and disrupts all in-app purchases. So make sure it’s the right decision for you before proceeding.
With TikTok, you can entertainingly create video content and share it with friends, family, and new followers. But what happens if you get bored with the app or want to remove your TikTok account? How to remove or delete your TikTok account from the app. If you are not sure whether or not you want to keep it, you can also deactivate the account.
The instructions in this article apply to iOS and Android devices running the latest version of the TikTok app.
If you are no longer at TikTok or would like to delete your account for another reason, you can do this relatively quickly and easily via the app via your account settings.
However, please note that once deleted, you cannot restore your account before you start. This means that you cannot access your videos or purchases made through the app. General information such as your chat with other users may still be accessible to other users involved in these conversations.
Table of Contents
Short TikTok Description
TikTok is a social media app that allows users to save and upload short videos. In August 2018, TikTok merged with Musical.ly, which means that all users with Musical.ly accounts have switched to TikTok. We have collected some information about the app and how you can protect your children when using it.
Most of the clips on TikTok include youthful lip-syncing and dancing to songs or comedy skits (parodies). Users can view clips posted by other members and set their videos to be publicly viewed by other users or privately by friends (also known as subscribers).
Like Snapchat, TikTok has filters that allow users to save their videos. It also includes other additional video editing features like slow motion or video acceleration. What makes this app popular with young people is the element of collaboration where TikTok users can meet and create shared videos on a split-screen or take part in user-created challenges.
What Happens after Deleting the TikTok Account?
Make sure you know that you cannot use this account after deleting the Tiktok account. This means that you will lose access to the videos you have posted in your TikTok profile.
The TikTok policy also mentions that after deleting the account, users will not receive a refund for items they purchased on the platform. However, your chats remain with the other person who sent messages through the app until they delete the conversations or the account.
Provided you agree to this, we will explain how to delete your TikTok account here.
How to Delete a TikTok account
Before proceeding with deleting your account, please note that you will lose all of your TikTok data, including your videos. If you purchased items in the app, you would not receive a refund.
If you want to save your TikTok video content before deleting your account, select a video, tap the three-dot icon and then tap Save Video. The video is saved on your device.
Once you’re ready to delete your TikTok account, you only need a few steps.
- Open the TikTok app and tap the profile icon in the lower corner of the screen that looks like a person’s outline.
- Press the three dots located in the top right corner of your device screen.
- Tap Manage My Account> Remove or Delete account.
- For security verification reasons, you may be required to verify your identity through logging into your Twitter or Facebook account. If necessary, select Check and keep going with the deletion process.
- A confirmation screen will appear. To delete your account, touch the Delete account.
- Your account will be deactivated for 30 days before it is completely deleted from the TikTok database. During this time, your account will not be visible to the public. Chat messages can still be visible.
- You will be asked again if you really want to delete your account. Tap Delete to continue. Your account will be deactivated upon completion.
If you decide to reactivate your TikTok account within the next 30 days, simply log into your account using the app. You can access your account immediately.
How to delete your TikTok account step by step with pictures
1. Open your TikTok app on your iPhone or Android device and log in to your account if necessary.
2. Go to the section “Me.”
3. Touch the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Select “Manage my account.”
5. Press the Delete Account option at the bottom of the screen.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to continue and confirm your choice to delete.
You may need to go through a verification process after tapping “Delete Account” at the bottom of the “Manage My Account” page, for example, if you used your Google Account to create your TikTok account.
Some Things to Consider
After deleting the TikTok account, you can no longer log in to TikTok with this account and lose access to the videos you have posted. The TikTok policy also mentions that after deleting the account, users will not receive a refund for items they purchased on the platform. Any information that is not stored in your account, such as B. Chat messages may still be visible to others.