Do you know you can download Windows 10 ISO file without the Microsoft media creation tool and install it on your Windows 10 computer or use it to upgrade the Windows 10 version 1809 with bugs deleting users files fixed?
Ideally, you need the Media creation tool to upgrade Windows 10 ISO file following the Microsoft guideline. But that is not the only way to upgrade the Windows 10 version 1903 ISO file.
You can also use a bootable USB/DVD file to install ISO file for Windows 10 but Microsoft doesn’t roll out the Windows 10 version 1809 automatic update to version 1903.
This implies that you have to either upgrade to the Windows 10 version 1903 directly from Windows 10 version 1809 or download the Windows 10 ISO file and install it directly on your computer.
In our earlier post on the Windows 10 download, we shared direct links to download Windows 10 ISO files for 32-bit and 64-bit respectively in the English language.
We also detailed how to download Windows 10 file in another language in case your official language isn’t the English language.
However, in this guide, we’ll share with you how to download Windows 10 ISO file with and without using the Microsoft media creation tool.
What is Media Creation Tool?
The media creation tool is a small executable file developed by Microsoft to download Windows 10 and create installation media or to directly upgrade your existing Windows 10 version to the latest version.
Since we know what the media creation tool is now, we need to download the tool and use it to create Windows 10 media installation.
Download Media Creation Tool
You can download the media creation from any source but I’d recommend you download it from the Microsoft source. As this is more reliable and you can guarantee it that it will be virus free.
Now, follow this procedure to download Microsoft Media creation tool file for Windows 10 ISO file upgrade.
- Go to Microsoft Windows 10 media creation tool download page
- Click on the download tool now.
- The media creation tool will start downloading. The total file size is just 18MB. You need WiFi to download Windows 10 package.
- If you already have a similar media file in your download folder just check out for 1903 at the back of the file. This implies that you are about to use the tool to upgrade to the latest Windows 10 version 1903 which was released May 2019.
- To confirm this, you can check the file property by right-clicking on the file and click on the properties.
Now that you have the ISO file downloaded. Next, we take a look at how to use the ISO file to upgrade Windows 10 from Windows 10 version 1809 to Windows 10 version 1903.
Download Windows 10 ISO File with Media Creation Tool
To use this procedure you first need to make sure you install Windows 10 on your computer and that your PC meets the minimum requirement to use the media creation tool
- Go to where the Windows 10 ISO file is downloaded and double click on the file or run the .exe file as an administrator. Wait for a couple of seconds and click on YES from the popup.
- Read the Media creation tool terms and conditions and tick the accept option to proceed.
- From the popup, select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC,” and click on the next button to move to the next stage.
- Choose your Windows 10 setup architecture, language, and edition all selected from the drop menu before them. If you want the tool to automatically detect your Windows setup choose the automatic feature and click next to proceed.
- Under media to use select ISO file since we are interested in creating an ISO file for Windows 10 upgrading and click next afterwards.
- A popup will appear asking you where to save your ISO file and the name. Give your ISO file a name and save it to a directory that you can easily access when you need it.
- Instantly, the media creation tool will connect to the internet and start downloading the Windows 10 version 1903 update on your PC. The download speed solely depends on your internet connection.
- Once the Windows 10 download with the ISO file is completed, the system will take some minutes to verify whether the file is downloaded correctly and whether it can be used. Once this is done completely just click on the finish button.
Once the above step is done you can proceed to install the Windows 10 download and you are good.
Also, you can also create a transferable Windows 10 file using the ISO file to download Windows 10 so you can share the installer with your friends offline without using internet access.
Download Windows 10 ISO File Without Media Creation Tool
If you choose to download Windows 10 official ISO file from the official site you’d need the Microsoft media tool. However, the reason is that when you move to download or upgrade Windows 10 ISO file, you will be moved to download using the media creation tool since the Microsoft server will be able to detect your browser.
However, to tweak this to download official Windows 10 without using the media creation tool has to do with a little bit of tweaking your browser’s settings.
For this purpose, we’d walk you through the entire steps you need to follow to download Windows 10 official or upgrade to the latest without using media creation tool.
How to Download Windows 10 ISO File
We detailed different approaches to downloading Windows 10 official file using a different browser. When you are set to download Windows 10 update or latest release just tweak your browser to it and you will be able to download the official Windows 10 installer file.
Download Windows 10 using Edge Browser [Legacy]
If you are using the Edge browser follow the procedures below to disable the activity to use the media creation tool to download Windows 10 version 1908.
- Click on the Edge browser icon to launch the browser
- Copy and paste this Microsoft link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO and click on the enter button.
- Now, right-click on the page and click on Inspect element
- Tap on Emulation
- Under the “Mode” option you will see a series of options, go ahead and change the User-agent string to Apple Safari (iPad).
- Now, press F5 or refresh the page manually if it doesn’t refresh itself automatically.
- From the interface, select the Windows 10 Edition ISO File you want to download.
- Tap on the confirm button
- Select your preferred Windows 10 product language from the drop menu and click on the confirm button to proceed.
- Click on your Windows 10 bit to start downloading. For Windows 10 32-bit click on 32-bit Download and for 64-bit click on 64-bit download.
Follow the procedures above on your Edge browser’s legacy, you will be able to download Windows 10 ISO file without Media creation tool.
Download ISO File Using Edge Browser [Chromium]
The approaches to download Windows 10 on Edge browser legacy and Edge browser Chromium is a bit different. The browser’s setup isn’t the same, for this, we’d also explain how you can download Windows 10 ISO file without using the Microsoft dedicated Media creation tool.
- Launch the Edge browser Chromium version on your Windows computer
- Copy and paste this URL (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO) into your Chromium browser and click on the enter button to proceed.
- Right-click on any part of the interface and select Inspect
- Select 3-dots to the upper and tap on network connections under more tools.
- Scroll down to user-agent and untick Select automatically and select Safari – iPad iOS 9 from the custom menu option.
- Refresh the page afterwards
- Keep the inspect element interface open and refresh the Windows 10 download page.
- Now, select your Windows 10 edition and click confirm
- Pick your product language or leave it to the default and click on confirm
- Now, click on the download button and the Windows ISO version 1903 file will start downloading.
These steps allow you to disable the use of the Microsoft Windows 10 media creation tool to download Windows 10 version 1903.
Windows 10 ISO File Download Using Chrome
If you are addicted to the Chrome browser you can also follow the procedures below to download Windows 10 version 1903 ISO file without the Media creation tool.
- Open a new tab in your Google Chrome browser
- Copy and paste this URL “https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10″ and click on the enter button. You will be taken to Windows 10 download interface using the media creation tool.
- Right-click on any part of the Windows 10 download page and click on inspect.
- A small window will open to the right adjusting the Windows 10 download page.
- Click on the 3-dots to the upper-right >> more tools >> network connections.
- Under Network Connections untick the option that says select automatically in the user-agent option and set the Custom menu option to Safari – iPad iOS 9.
- Keep the inspect element interface open and refresh the Windows 10 download interface.
- The download now with the Media creation tool will change and an option to download Windows 10 directly from the page will pop up.
- Now, select your Windows 10 edition, and language, and click on the confirm button and the Windows 10 will start downloading.
- Choose the Windows 10 download link from the two options that best define your OS and the download will begin instantly. However, the time taken to complete downloading depends on your internet connection.
The Windows 10 download links are only valid for 24 hours. If you failed to use the link generated within the time the link will be invalid and you will have to repeat the same procedures again.
Download ISO on Opera Browser
If you have spent the whole day thinking about how to download ISO file on Opera browser without a media creation tool developed by Microsoft, here is the approach.
- Open your Opera browser and go to the Microsoft Windows 10 download site
- Right-click on the page and click on inspect element
- Click on the 3-dots>>more tools >> network connections
- Untick “select automatically” in the user-agent option and select Safari – iPad iOS 9 under the custom option.
- Refresh the download page and select your Windows edition from the drop menu and click on the confirm button. The interface will refresh.
- Go to the product language and select your Windows 10 installer preferred language and click on the confirm button.
- Click on the download link for your Windows 10 bit. If you are using Windows 10 32-bit click on the 32-bit download link and if you are using Windows 10 64-bit click on the 64-bit download link.
With these approaches, you don’t have to use the Windows 10 media creation tool to download Windows 10 ISO file.
Whether you are using the media creation tool or the approach shared here that doesn’t require the use of the media creation tool to download the Windows 10 update installer, the two approaches work perfectly.