Dropbox login is what you need to log in to your dropbox account to manage your files. The login works on Dropbox official website and Dropbox app. If you need a complete guide to understand how Dropbox works and the cloud-based service work to your goodness, here is a complete guide for you.
We will start with how to create a Dropbox account for new users, down to logging in to your Dropbox account for the first time, to downloading and installing the Dropbox app on Windows OS such as Windows 8, Windows 10, and how to upload and manage uploaded files on Dropbox.
How to Create a Dropbox Account
You need a Dropbox account for your login. So, we will start by setting up your Dropbox account.
- Go to the Dropbox website.
- Click on “Sign Up” located at the top right of your screen.
- Fill the user information such as your name, email, password, check “I gree to Dropbox Terms” and click on “Sign Up.” You can also choose “Sign Up with Google,” they both work.
- Verify that you are human when the verification screen pops up.
- Dropbox will move to verify the email address you provided by sending a verification link to your email address. Then, log in to your email address, click on the verification link, and click “verify your email.”
- After that, you will receive a thank you message from Dropbox for verifying your email. Then Click on “Done” to close the dialog box.
Now, we are done with the first step to set up your Dropbox login. More so, you will be recommended to try Dropbox Plus and Dropbox business for free for 14 days or continue with the 2GB basic plan for free Dropbox account.
How to Install Dropbox on Windows OS
We are going to download and install the Dropbox app on Windows 10 to be able to log in to your Dropbox account, to manage the files you upload.
- Go to your Dropbox account and click on the “Download” button.
- Go to your download folder and double-click on the Dropbox installation file “DropboxInstaller.exe.”
- Click on “yes” when the “User Control” pops up to start downloading the complete Dropbox installer.
- Dropbox will start to install once the download file is completed.
This will last for a couple of minutes to complete. Once the Dropbox installer has been installed successfully, then it’s time to start exploring the service on your Windows 10.
How to Setup Dropbox on Windows
We are close to uploading your files directly from Windows PC to Dropbox cloud-server.
- Launch the Dropbox app on your Windows once the installation process is done.
- Enter your email address as your Dropbox username and type your login password. Then, click on the “Sign in” button to access your Dropbox account on your Windows PC.
- Click on the ‘Next” button or “Advanced settings” to choose a location for your Dropbox files and click “Next.”
- Now, you will be presented with how to sync your files on Dropbox. For the basic plan, choose “Make files local,” and for “Plus,” choose “Make files online-only.”
- To back up your PC to your Dropbox account, select the folders that you’d love Dropbox to back up or select “Not Now” to set it up later.
- Click “Continue to Dropbox” without backing up your PC to your Dropbox account.
We are done with setting up your Dropbox on your Windows 10 PC or computer. Now, you can start uploading your files to Dropbox to secure them online.
How to Upload Files to Dropbox on Windows 10
After you have completed the Dropbox set up on your Windows 10, next, is to show you how to upload files from your Windows PC to Dropbox.
- Log in to your Dropbox account on your Windows 10.
- Click on “Upload Files.”
- Click on the file to upload, select it, and click “Open.”
- Click on “Upload” to start uploading the file to your Dropbox account.
- The file will start to upload to your Dropbox account and can be accessed under “Recent” files.
If you have multiple files in the same category, you should consider creating a folder on your Dropbox account, open the folder, and upload all the files to the folder.
How to Delete Dropbox Account
We are discussing how to close your Dropbox account below. If you have gotten a better alternative to Dropbox and you are ready to close your Dropbox account, here is all you just need to do.
- Log in to your Dropbox account.
- Click on the “Profile picture” or “Logo.”
- Click on “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Delete Account.”
- Enter your Dropbox Password, select the reason why you are closing your Dropbox account permanently and click “Delete Permanently.
We will update this post on “Dropbox Login” often to make it relevant to you. If there is anything to add, kindly leave a message for us in the comment section