We got a request on how to block Safari pop-up from one of our readers and we are taking that into action in this guide. So, this article will address primarily how to disable the popup block on Safari browser. The Apple Safari browser is a popular browser among iPhone, iPad, and macOS devices users. As such, the browser keeps adding a few additional features to make the app relevant and better than its competitors.
And since the Safari pop up blocker has been integrated on Windows and MacOS a lot of users have complaints that they cannot access some websites. Therefore, if you do not want to disable the pop up block on Safari you may need to install a new extension or plugin to allow you to track the lists of websites that you visit.
How to Enable Block Safari Pop up
Before we consider how to enable or disable the Block pop up feature on Safari on smartphones (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) here is the general approach to access the feature.
- Launch the Safari browser.
- Tap on the main menu and click “Safari Preference”.
- To access “Safari Preference with macOS command press “Command +,”.
- Click on “website”.
- Click on “Pop-up Windows” from the bottom left.
- Select whether to “block or allow or block and notify”.
- Block will block the pop-up. Allow will allow the pop-up. And “block and notify” will block and still notify you.
This scintillating feature allows you to block Safari pop-up and disable the feature at the same time depending on your choice.
Turn On/Off Block Safari Pop-up on iOS
Following the procedures below, you will be able to turn off and turn on Safari pop-up blocker on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Open your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch) settings.
- Find “Safari” from the list and click on it.
- Locate and click the “General” option on the Safari section.
- Toggle the “Block pop-up” to disable or enable it.
When the “Block pop-up” button is turned green it means that the feature has been enabled. And when it’s grey, it has turned off.
How to Disable/Enable Block Safari Pop-up for Windows
The last Apple Safari for Windows was version 5.1.7. And you will discover that Apple no longer rolls out an update for Safari for Windows or PC. So, if you still have the Safari browser installed on your PC follow the procedures below to enable or disable block Safari pop up feature.
- Launch the Safari browser on your Windows PC.
- Click on the “Settings”.
- Select “Block pop-up windows”.
That is the general approach to block pop up Safari on iPhone, macOS, and Windows. However, if there is a particular website you don’t want to block without using an alternative plugin follow the steps below.
Block or Allow Single Website on Safari Pop-up Blocker
With the Safari block pop up feature, you can block or enable a particular website from being affected b the Safari blocker.
- Launch the Safari browser.
- Visit the website you want to enable or disable on the pop up blocker.
- Select “Preference” from the Safari browser’s menu.
- Select the “Website” URL on the address bar.
- Select the “Pop-up Windows” on the left panel.
- Select “Allow or Block or both.
- That is all.
With the approaches above, you can still enable Block Safari pop up on Windows or Mac and still unblock a particular website