You would need to delete browser history on your iPhone once in a while for security reasons. This is because your browser normally keeps a history of all the websites you visit. Usually, this is supposed to enable already visited sites to run faster when next you visit it. However, for security purposes, you would need to delete your search history occasionally.
In addition, your browser search history might slow down your browser speed over time. That is why we would show you how to clear history on your iPhone browsers like Safari and Chrome. Stick around with us, and we would guide you through the process below.
Table of Contents
How to Delete Browser History on iPhone
Here is a step bu step to clear browser’s history on your iPhone
On Safari Browser
Wiping out your search history on the default iPhone browser is really easy. You can decide to clear out your entire browsing history for all of your synced ios devices, or you could delete your history for individual websites. We have explained how to achieve both in the guide below.
Delete All History on Safari
- Start by opening your Settings app on your iPhone then scroll down to Safari.
- Select Clear History and Website Data. Once it has been successfully cleared, the option would be greyed out.
You should note that this would also clear your history cookies as well as other browsing data from all the ios devices synced in your iCloud account. However, this will not clear your auto-fill information.
Delete History of Individual Sites on Safari
- Once again, start by opening your Safari browser.
- Then, select the Bookmarks icon located at the bottom of your screen. The bookmark icon is the one that looks like an open blue book.
- Afterward, select history. The history icon is the one that looks like a clock. You would find it at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, you can begin to delete history on individual sites by swiping left on the website you want to delete. Once you do this, you would see a red Delete button, which you should select.
Delete History Based on Time Periods on Safari
- Start by opening your Safari browser.
- Then, click on the Bookmarks icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Afterward, select Clear on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Now, you can select the time range of the period you want your browsing history to be cleared from. You can select either today, yesterday, or all time.
However, you should note that doing this would also clear all of your history, cookies as well as other browsing data on all your ios devices synced to that iCloud account.
On Google Chrome Browser
Usually, Chrome would keep a record of every website you visit in the past 90 days. To clear this record, you could either delete the website history one after the other, or you could just clear your entire search history at once. We would show you how to do both below.
Delete All Browsing History on Chrome
- First of all, open your Chrome browser.
- Then click on More. This is the three-dotted icon on the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Then, from the pop-up menu, select history.
- Afterward, navigate to the Clear Browsing Data option. You would find it at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Ensure that the checkbox beside the Browsing History option is ticked.
- You can click on the Clear Browsing Data button.
- Once you do this, a pop-up box would appear asking you to confirm the action. Click Confirm.
You should note that this action would also clear your history from all your google synced devices as well.
Delete History of Individual Sites on Chrome
- To do this, start by opening your Chrome browser.
- Then click on the three-dotted More icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- From the pop-up menu, select the History option.
- Then click on Edit. You would find this option on the bottom right side of your screen.
- You can now tap on the side you intend to delete. Once you tap on any site, you would see a checkmark beside it.
- After selecting all the sites you want to delete, then tap on the Delete button, which you will find on the left side of your screen.
- Click Delete. This will be located at the bottom left side of the screen.
You should also read on how to clear cookies on various web browsers here.
Now that you know how to delete browser history on iPhone, you can be rest assured that doing it on would help create a better browsing experience for you. It is also recommended to delete browser history when you are having trouble with your browser, as this could solve the problem immediately.
We would also like to hear from you. In case you are having any challenges following the guide above, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.