Did you try to sign out your Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad? Or are you trying to switch accounts on your Apple device, or do you just want to transfer the device to others, and the Sign Out option suddenly greyed out? Well, things happen; the system can crash at any time without prior notice. Don’t get yourself worked out as the Apple ID sign out is not available due to restrictions error will be solved in this article.
The Apple ID “sign out is not available due to restrictions” can occur on any of these Apple devices; iPhone, an iPad, or a Mac. Although this issue is common on iPhones or iPad. This error can also occur on your device or your child’s device once you have family sharing or parental controls.
However, a quick one to fix this error is by disabling the screen time yourself or using the third-party software that has been tested and proven to remove the Apple ID, either from your iPhone or iPad or your Child’s iPhone or iPad.
Therefore, here in this article, you will learn basically how to fix the Apple ID sign-out that is unavailable due to restrictions.
What does Sign Out is not available due to restrictions mean?
This “Sign Out is not available due to restrictions” error message simply implies that you can’t sign out of your iCloud account due to certain restrictions. These restrictions include screen time restrictions, which limit your connectivity via the family sharing organizer’s device when enabled on your iPhone or iPad. You will also notice that the Sign Out option is greyed out.
Why Can’t I Sign Out of My Apple ID due to Restrictions?
- Screen Time has been enabled: This feature restricts the use of the device and prevents you from signing out of Apple ID. You may have also locked this particular feature with a screen time password.
- Sign Out option is greyed out: Once you go to Settings >> iCloud on your Apple device, the Sign Out button is usually greyed out, and you get the message “Sign-out is not available due to restrictions.”
- Got Stuck on “Sign Out”: You will see the spinning icon, which will appear as if it is working on it once you click “sign out” to log out of Apple ID, but it never gets to stop spinning.
- The phone is being Restored: You will usually get the “you can’t sign out your Apple ID because your phone is being restored” error message once you try to sign out your Apple ID by tapping the “sign out” option.
- Verification failure:- The warning “Verification Failed” indicates that there was an error while trying to connect to iCloud after typing the password to sign out of iCloud on iPhone.
Any of the factors listed above may be responsible for the Apple ID sign-out being unavailable due to restrictions error.
How to fix Apple ID Sign out is not available due to restrictions
If you already signed in to your Apple ID on your device and need to sign out but can’t, then just relax and follow the fixes below to help you log out without any restrictions.
Disable Screen Time on iPhone or iPad Manually with Passcode
You can turn off the Screen Time once you know the Screen time passcode. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Click on Screen Time.
- Scroll down and select “Turn Off Screen Time” on the Screen Time screen.
- You will receive a prompt on your iPhone or iPad to enter your Screen Time Passcode.
- Enter the Passcode and proceed.
Now you can easily sign out your Apple ID successfully from Settings >> [your name] >> Sign Out.
Disable Screen Time without Screen Time Passcode
In case you need to turn off Screen Time, but you can’t seem to remember the passcode, follow the steps below if you have forgotten the Screen Time password:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on the Screen Time Menu.
- Click on Change Screen Time Passcode.
- Select Turn off Screen Time Passcode.
- Now, click on Forgot Passcode?
- Type your Apple ID and Password.
- Click Done.
- Finally, click on Turn off Screen Time on the Screen Time page.
That’s it! Now you have successfully disabled Screen Time without the passcode.
Change the Internet Connection
A weak internet connection can also cause Sign out is not available due to restrictions error. You need a stable and reliable internet connection to sign out of Apple ID. You can try to use high-speed internet, WiFi, or a router to fix this issue. You can also change the network you were previously connected to by enabling mobile data whenever you encounter any issue with Wi-Fi or vice versa.
Perform a Restart or Force Restart If Necessary
In case the Apple ID Sign Out option is still greyed out after disabling the screen time on your iPhone or iPad, you can try restarting or force restarting your iPhone or iPad and wait for a few minutes.
You can restart your device by:
- Pressing and holding the “Power” button and swiping the slider to the end to turn off the device.
- Then, press the “Power” button again to switch on the device after a few seconds.
Once the restart process is successful, then you will notice that your iPhone or iPad Sign out option won’t be greyed out anymore. Then, you can sign out of your Apple ID immediately by tapping the Sign Out option.
If the sign-out is unavailable due to restrictions error message persists, then you can proceed to the following troubleshooting steps below.
Use the SD iPhone Unlocker to Sign Out of the Apple ID
To fix the Apple Sign out is not available due to restrictions error on your iPhone or iPad with screen time (Restrictions or Passcode), you can make use of the SD iPhone unlocker.
Note that you need to take a recent backup on iTunes or iCloud before you start the process below, although you may have to restore them from this latest backup later to prevent losing your data. Follow the steps below:
- Disable the Find My on your iPhone or iPad.
- To turn off Find My iPhone or iPad, go to Settings >> [your name] >> Find My.
- Click it and switch the Find My iPhone or iPad off.
- You will be prompted to type in your Apple ID password.
- After inputting the password, you can proceed.
- Then, the Find My will be turned off on your devices.
Once you have been able to disable Find My, you can proceed to follow the steps below. A third-party software doesn’t need to disable screen time to sign out. The software will automatically remove Apple ID from iOS devices directly.
- The SD iPhone Unlocker app can help to remove the Apple ID on your devices.
- To use the software to sign out of your Apple ID with screen time, you need to free download this app on your PC or Mac.
- Unlock Apple ID to remove the “Sign Out restrictions.”
- Launch the app and go to the Unlock Apple ID section.
- Now, connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer via a USB cable.
- Tap on Start to unlock your Apple ID
Once your iPhone comes up, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID. Now your old Apple ID has been signed out, and you can sign in using another Apple ID. You can as well restore your iPhone or iPad from your recent backup after changing the Apple ID.
Update the Software
Are you still having issues with Apple ID sign out is not available due to restrictions? Then, you can try updating the software of your device. Here is a guide to updating the software on iPhone:
- Go to Settings >> General >> Software Update on your iPhone or iPad.
- Once you see two software update options available, select the one you want.
- You may decide to stay on iOS and iPadOS 14 and still get vital security updates.
- To update to iOS and iPadOS 15, select the option.
- Finally, click on Install Now.
That’s all about updating software on iPhone. I hope this fixes the Apple ID sign out is not available due to restrictions error; if not, try the last fix below.
Reset your Device to Factory Settings
Resetting your device to factory settings can be more or less your last resort; follow the steps below to achieve this:
- On your iPhone, open Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset All Settings and enter the screen passcode.
- Now to factory reset, open Settings >> General >> Reset >> Erase All Content And Settings and type in your iCloud password.
Factory resetting your iPhone’s settings also has a high chance of solving the issue of Apple ID sign out is not available due to restrictions.
How do I remove restrictions from my Apple ID?
- From the Home screen, go to Settings >> General >> Restrictions.
- Input the Restrictions Passcode.
- Click on Disable Restrictions.
- Finally, enter the restrictions passcode again.
That’s it! You should have removed restrictions from your Apple ID by now if you followed up to this level. Do not forget to leave a message if you have a problem resolving this issue or state which of the fixes works for you via the comment section.