Google policy is lenient when it comes to recovering a Gmail account password when forgotten. What you provided during registration is what you need to provide when you have a security issue with your account. And one of the few options to consider is the “Google account recovery date of birth” which asked you to provide your date of birth to recover your account when you forgot your Gmail password.
However, in this guide, we will consider how to reset Gmail password with the date of birth and how to recover Gmail Google account password without your date of birth.
Table of Contents
How to Change Gmail Date of Birth
- Go to gmail.com and sign in to the Gmail account you want to change its date of birth.
- Tap “Google Account” to the top right and a new tab will open.
- Tap on “Personal Info” >> Birthday.
- Input the official “Date of birth” and click Save.
- Click “Confirm” from the pop up to confirm your “date of birth.”
Note: Your Gmail date of birth can be used for account security such as account recovery and personalization purpose. So, keep a real date of birth so that you won’t have a reason to forget when the need arises.
Google Account Recovery Date of Birth
Google uses your date of birth for your account security and personalization purpose. So, for Google account recovery with the date of birth follow the procedures below.
- Go to Gmail.com on your web browser.
- Enter the Gmail username whose password you want to recover with your date of birth and click on the “Next” button.
- Tap on “Forgot Password.”
- Enter the last password that you have used previously that you can remember and tap “Next.”
- Keep choosing the password recovery method until you get to the date of birth option.
- Enter your Gmail date of birth and tap on the “Next” button to proceed.
- Enter your new phone number and confirm it in the second column and tap “Next.”
- If you are using multi-factor authentication to secure your Gmail account you will be prompted to confirm that you want to change your Gmail password and enter the 6-digit code Google sent to your phone number.
- Google might also send a notification to your phone to confirm that you initiated to change your Gmail account. Tap “Yes” from the phone push notification.
Gmail Password Recovery using Phone Number
It is possible that the “Google account recovery date of birth” option will not work for you as the date of birth option to recover your Gmail account password might not be presented to you to choose from. However, you can switch to using the phone number option to recover your forgotten Gmail account password.
- Log in to your Gmail account on the web.
- Tap on the “Account Settings” to the top of the navigation bar.
- Click on “Security” on the left and click “Password.”
- Tap on “Forgot Password.”
- Enter the password you last use or remember.
- Enter your phone number and click on “Next.”
- Follow the instruction to create a new password and click on “Next.”
And now, you will be taken to your Gmail account. Note that once you have changed your Gmail password you will be logged out on all devices.
How to Recover Gmail Password without Date of Birth
The Google account recovery date of birth isn’t the only method that is available to recover your Gmail password when forgotten. So, if you can’t remember the date of birth you use while creating your Gmail account here is how to recover your Google Gmail account without date of birth.
- Go to Gmail.com on your computer browser.
- Click on the “Sign in” button to the top right.
- Enter the Email username or ID whose password you want to change and tap “Next.”
- Tap on “More ways to sign-in” and click “Forgot Password.”
- Enter the last password you can remember if you can remember any else click on “Tru another way.”
- Google will send a one-time password to your phone number or recovery email address that is attached to your Mail account.
- Enter this verification code and click on “Next.” Once the password matches the one sent to your phone number you will be redirected to a new page to create a new password.
- Create a new password in the new column, confirm, and tap on the “Next” button.
And now, you can sign in to your Gmail account with the new password. But, if in the future you would love to use your date of birth to recover forgotten Gmail password follow the procedures above to change your date of birth.
Google Account Recovery Page Verify Identity
If you forgot your Gmail password or username or you are unable to receive the Google verification code here is how to access Google account recovery page verify identity.
- Go to the Google account recovery page verify identity portal to recover your Google account or Gmail.
- In the Google account recovery page, enter the Google account or Gmail account you want to recover and click on the “Next” button.
- You will be asked to provide the last password you can remember after which you then need to click on the “Next” button.
- Google will prompt to send a verification code to your phone number either through SMS or phone call. However, if you can’t access the phone tap on “I don’t have my phone.”
- Enter the 6-digits code that Google sent to your phone and click on the “Next” button to proceed.
- Create a new password that is different from all password that you have used in the past and click on the “Save Password” button.
- However, you click on the “Skip” buttonyou will be taken to your Google account security check without changing the old phone number and when you click on the “Continue” button you will be logged into your Gmail account with your Gmail old password.
And now you will be redirected to your Gmail account. This is how to access Google account recovery page verify identity and change Google account or Gmail password without Google account recovery date of birth.