This article will take you through the process of how to watch and activate ESPN plus on Vizio TV. It is going to contain, everything you need to in order to have an easy time as you activate ESPN plus on your Vizio TV. So, read on to find it all out.
Like you could guess already from the name, ESPN plus is a streaming subscription service that is considered a complement to the existing ESPN content.
You might want to think of it as an add-on to the standard ESPN app that includes tons of exclusive video content from live games to on-demand shows and exclusive stories.
Just like we have the IPhone and the iPhone plus that usually comes with extra and better features, the ESPN plus comes with additional shows that are not obtainable in the regular ESPN.
Another good thing, is once you activate the ESPN plus on your Vizio TV, you can watch live games from the MLB, NHL, and MLS when their seasons are active; there are no live NBA or NFL games. There’s also PGA golf, UFC, college football, international soccer, and tennis.
In case you are wondering where you can access ESPN plus from, you can access it through the current ESPN app, so instead of launching a separate app, all the ESPN plus content can be unlocked in the ESPN app once you subscribe.
This ESPN app is available on almost every platform, ranging from phones, tablets, laptops, Roku players, Fire TV products, Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, PS4, Xbox One, and Samsung smart TVs.
What more, you can even stream on up to three devices simultaneously with one account.
If you are doing life on a budget, then Vizio TVs are a good choice for you as the smart TV has great picture quality at an affordable price.
How To Set Up Vizio TV
As part of discussing how to activate ESPN plus on Vizio TV, we will also broach on how you can set up your Vizio TV as well.
Once you’ve unboxed your TV and installed it where you’d like to have it, you will just have to connect it to the other Audio/Video devices you may have and then connect it to WiFi. Here is a step by step guide to getting that done;
For The Physical Set Up
- First, ensure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Then, connect all the Input/Output cables to the TV.
- Before plugging in the power cable, connect all the devices you want to use as audio/video input and audio output.
- Plug one end of the power cord into the rear of the TV and the other into an electrical outlet.
- Note: The socket types on the rear of your TV will vary based on the model you have.
- The TV should turn on automatically. If it doesn’t, press the power button on the rear of the TV.
- Then, using your remote, press the directional buttons to highlight an option and OK to select the highlighted option.
- You can press OK to bring up the setup guide.
- Then, select your preferred language.
- Then select Home Use
- Choose your home’s Wi-Fi network.
- Type in the WiFi password and select Next.
- Select Accept for Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your email to register your TV, or you can skip this step.
- Your Vizio will provide you with information on what data it collects. Select Accept to continue.
- With that, your TV is now set up and ready to use.
- Now you can go ahead and install, then activate ESPN plus on your well set up Vizio TV.
How To Activate ESPN Plus on Vizio TV
You can access the ESPN plus service in the ESPN app, considering that the ESPN plus app is not compatible with Vizio Smart TV. That notwithstanding, there are ways to activate, access and watch ESPN plus on Vizio Smart TV. The ways are, either through;
- Chromecast or
To Watch ESPN Plus on Chromecast;
- Download the ESPN app on your Android or iOS device.
- Sign in to your ESPN plus account in the ESPN app on your Android or iOS device.
- Now couple your Android or iOS and Vizio Smart TV by using the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Then hover over the ESPN plus tab in the ESPN app on your Android or iOS.
- Opt for the content in the ESPN plus section in the ESPN app on your Android or iOS.
- Then click on the Cast icon in the video player of the ESPN plus section in the ESPN app on your Android or iOS.
- NOTE: At this point, you will see a list of available devices that are ready to pair.
- Pick your Vizio TV from that list in the ESPN app on your Android or iOS.
- Now, the chosen content of the ESPN plus section in the ESPN app plays on your Vizio TV.
To Watch ESPN Plus on AirPlay
- Tap the V button on your Vizio Smart TV remote.
- Hover over the Extras menu and go for Apple Airplay on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Then opt for the Airplay option on your Vizio Smart TV and choose On.
- Now download the ESPN app on your iOS.
- Log in with your ESPN plus credentials in the ESPN app on your iOS.
- Couple your Vizio Smart TV and iOS using the same Wi-Fi.
- Then turn on the Screen Mirroring feature in the Control Centre on your iOS. You will be listed the available devices on your iOS.
- From there, pick your Vizio Smart TV from the list on your iOS. Your iOS screen is visible on your TV now.
- Then go to the ESPN app on your iOS and tap on the ESPN plus tab.
- Play the content in the ESPN plus section in the ESPN app on your iOS. And you can watch it on your Vizio Smart TV.
Although the ESPN plus app is not compatible with Vizio TV, but there is always a way and this article shows you those ways. So with Chromecast and Airplay available to you, you don’t have worry about not being able to activate ESPN plus on your Vizio TV.
Thank you for reading, keep and eye for more related articles.