It is necessary to update Toshiba TV Firmware (which can be referred to as Software) anytime a new update comes up if you want to enjoy the full range of features and functionality your Toshiba TV has to offer you need to ensure that you update the new firmware.
Updating the Toshiba TV will add the latest additional features from Toshiba and fix different software issues and bugs the TV might encounter.
Sometimes, it can be the easiest way to resolve common issues like WiFi turning on and off indiscriminately, which you might have encountered using your Toshiba TV.
To update Toshiba TV software is free, requires only a USB flash drive or internet connection, and this generally takes less than an hour to download and update.
The Toshiba smart TVs are of two types, the android TV and the Fire TV. This article will explain how to update the different types and methods you can use to update Software on both Android and Fire TV.
How to Update Software on Toshiba Android TV
If you use the Toshiba Android TV, the following are the required steps to update Toshiba TV Firmware.
- Go to the Settings menu on your Toshiba Android TV.
- Scroll down the menu list and choose the About option.
- On clicking the about option, click on the System Update option.
- Finally, follow the prompts you see on the screen to complete your update.
If you have followed all the steps listed above, you have successfully updated your Toshiba TV software.
How to Update Software on Toshiba Fire TV
If your Toshiba TV is a Fire TV, to update the Software, all you have to do is follow the under-listed steps.
- From your Fire TV home screen, go to the Settings option.
- Choose either the My Fire TV or Device option, depending on which option appears on your screen.
- Now, select Install Updates, or Check for Updates, depending on which option appears on your screen.
- Then follow the promptings on the screen to complete your update.
If you followed the steps listed, you have successfully updated the Software on your Toshiba Fire TV.
Now, we would consider how to update Toshiba TV Firmware with either the internet or a USB flash drive, regardless of the type of the Toshiba smart TV.
Having issues with your Toshiba Fire TV remote? Check out this article
Requirement to Update Toshiba TV Firmware using USB
Before successfully updating your Toshiba TV Software using a USB Flash Drive, you need to know your TV model and Software version. To know this, follow the listed steps
- Go to your Toshiba TV home screen and select the Menu option.
- Then, click on the Get Help option.
- Now, click on Support Information.
From there, you can get your Toshiba TV model and version. You can update your Toshiba TV using a USB Flash Drive with this information.
However, it is important to note that you can neither update the exact version you are currently using nor downgrade to a previous version of your Toshiba TV.
How to Update Toshiba TV Firmware using a USB Flash Drive
The following are the required steps to update your Toshiba TV using a USB Flash Drive.
- Plug a USB flash drive into any USB port on your computer.
- Then from your computer web browser, go to the Toshiba TV Firmware download center.
- Input your product type and the model number.
- Then click on Go Next.
- Select the Download tab. If there is no current update for your TV model, you will be unable to click on the tab, or there will be a message within the tab telling you there is no current update available for download.
- If you can find TV Firmware in the category available for download, click on the link associated with the Firmware, which will then take you to the update and release note dialog box.
- Click the download now button and save the downloaded zip file to your USB flash drive.
- Extract the content of the zip file and disconnect the USB flash drive from the computer.
- Turn on your Toshiba TV and connect the USB flash drive to the USB port of the Toshiba TV.
- After a couple of minutes, a Firmware file detected in the USB message will appear in a dialog box on your screen. Select Yes to update the Firmware.
- A progress bar will then be displayed on your screen. It is required that you do not turn off your TV while the Firmware is updating.
- The progress bar will disappear, and a message letting you know that you have successfully updated Firmware will appear on the screen.
- Disconnect the USB flash drive from your TV and restart the TV.
- After which, you can resume using your TV, which would now run on the latest installed Firmware.
How to Update Toshiba TV Firmware using the Internet
The following are the required steps to follow to update your Toshiba smart TV via the internet.
- Turn on your Toshiba TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
- Then, press the Menu key on your Toshiba TV remote.
- Scroll down the menu list and select the Get Help option.
- Now, choose the Software Upgrade option.
- Then, follow the series of promptings on your screen to complete the update.
Successfully following these steps will update your Toshiba TV Software.
Although the process to update Toshiba Fire TV firmware and Toshiba Android TV firmare are quite similar but the approaches are not the same.
And with this article, to update your Toshiba TV firmware whether the Tohiba Fire TV or Toshiba Android TV should be made easy.
In case you are faced with any difficulty, kindly leave a comment below so that we can be of help.