The launch of Paramount Plus by CBS earlier this year was breaking ground in today’s streaming world. Being supported on over 12 streaming devices alongside the Android TV, the launch of Paramount Plus is indeed a cutting edge in the production of video-on-demand streaming services. Now here begs the question, How do I activate Paramount Plus on Android TV?
To activate Paramount Plus on Android TV is pretty basic, just like opening an e-mail account of which could be done in a couple of minutes. However, it could get quite complex if correct measures aren’t taken. This guide would explain:
- Ways to stream Paramount Plus on Android TV
- How to install/cast Paramount Plus on Android TV
- How to Activate Paramount Plus on Android TV
- How to Update Paramount Plus on Android TV
- How to fix Paramount Plus streaming issues on Android TV
- Supported versions of Android TV
Ways to stream Paramount Plus on Android TV
Android TV offers its 80 million monthly users choices to stream Paramount Plus on its devices. There are two basic ways to stream Paramount Plus on Android TV, they are:
- Using Play Store
- Using Casting
So how do we install/cast Paramount Plus with these alternate choices?
How to install/cast Paramount Plus on android TV
To activate Paramount Plus on Android TV, we either have to install Paramount+ using Play Store or cast Paramount+ using the “Paramount Plus integrated cast icon”. With this feature, you can cast Paramount+ to any Chromecast supported device. One bonus about Android TV is that almost all its Smart TVs have built-in Chromecast support.
How to Install Paramount Plus on using Play Store
- Launch Play Store on your Android Smart TV
- Click on the search icon in your Play Store
- The on-screen keyboard would appear, search “Paramount+ or Paramount Plus”.
- Click on the Paramount Plus app from the searched options and click “install”.
- Select the installed Paramount Plus app and click open.
- Open the Paramount+ app and sign in to activate Paramount Plus on Android TV.
How to cast Paramount Plus on Android TV
- First you need to install Paramount+ on your smartphone from the Google Play Store or your App store
- Then you would have to connect your Smartphone and your Android Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
- Next, you open the already installed Paramount Plus app on your smartphone and “Sign Up” or “Log in” to your account if you are an already existing user.
- Click on the “cast icon” on the app interface
- A menu of nearby devices would appear, please select your Android Smart TV.
- Any video played on your android device on the Paramount Plus app would appear on your Android TV.
- To disconnect and stop casting, just tap the “cast” icon again.
How to Activate Paramount Plus on Android TV
After installing Paramount Plus using Play Store, the next step is to activate Paramount Plus on Android TV. Some devices require an activation code to launch Paramount Plus. Do you need an activation code to activate Paramount Plus on Android TV? The answer is NO, you can however read this article to know those devices that require an activation code to activate Paramount Plus.
Android TV doesn’t require an activation code as it can be activated directly using your Android TV. To activate Paramount Plus on Android TV, simply follow these steps listed out:
- Once you’ve installed Paramount+ from Play Store on your Android TV. “Launch Paramount+”
- Then select “Sign Up“
- After clicking “Sign Up”, you would be asked to select your “Subscription Plan”.
- You would thereby be redirected to a “Sign Up screen”. This place would require you to enter your “full name, e-mail address and password of your choice”. This email and password would be your Paramount Plus “Log In”.
- Click “Subscribe” and you would get a confirmation text. Viola! That’s simply how to activate Paramount Plus on your Android TV
How to update Paramount Plus on your Android TV
Updating Paramount Plus on your Android TV is necessary to keep you up in line with the latest features the App has to offer. At other times, an outdated version of the app might bring up streaming issues upon launch.
Apps on the Android TV can be updated in a similar way Apps on your smartphone are being updated. Updates can be checked manually on android TV, to do this simply go to the Android TV Home Screen and follow these steps:
- Scroll down to “Apps” on the Home screen and select “Google Play Store”
- Then under Google Play Store, just go to “My Apps”. Just like the Play Store on your smartphone, the icon “update” would always appear next to Paramount+ if there is an update.
- If you can’t see the update icon, then you are on the latest version.
- If you see the update icon next to the Paramount Plus app, click “Update” the select accepts under Apps permission.
- The app would begin to download once you click the update icon
- Once downloaded, you can launch Paramount+ and stream the newly updated version.
How to fix Paramount Plus Streaming issues on your Android TV.
Whenever you notice issues while streaming on your Android TV, the first solution is to always restart your TV. To restart your Android TV:
- From your home screen, go to settings in the top right corner.
- It would reveal a menu, here you scroll down to “System Preference”.
- Under this menu select “About” and then click “Restart” to reboot your Android TV.
If rebooting doesn’t work, ensure your connection is stable and make sure cables are intact. Reach out to Paramount Plus support if streaming trouble remains persistent.
Supported versions of Android TV
Always put at the back of your mind when trying to activate paramount Plus on your Android TV that not all versions of Android TV support Paramount Plus. I have made a list of Android TV that supports Paramount Plus at the time of this publication.
- Hisense Android TV
- Select Xiaomi devices
- TCL 3-series Smart TV (Model 32S330)
- Nvidia Shield
- Sony Bravia Android TV (2015 – current models)
- Toshiba Smart TV
- Mi TV and Mi Android Box
Well here is it, A fully comprehensive guide on how to activate Paramount Plus on Android TV. You can check out the guide on how to activate Paramount Plus on Samsung TV here. Feel free to ask further questions relating to this article in the comments. I would love to hear from you.