Let’s discuss how to activate Prime video on your devices. This includes smart televisions, game consoles, smartphones, Blu-ray, and other streaming devices like Xfinity 1 and flex. With this, you will able to start streaming your favorite TV shows and other programs directly from your device.
Amazon allows you to download and install the Prime video app on your streaming device. With this, you will be able to get your prime video activation code from the app when you click on sign-in on the prime video app on your device.
The activate code is unique and different for different users. Therefore, to start streaming Amazon prime video on your streaming that lets you activate Prime video, the prime video app will popup 6 digits activation code that links your Amazon prime video account to your device and allows you to watch Amazon Prime on your TV.
How to Install Amazon Prime app
To activate the Prime video app on your device the streaming service mobile app must be installed on the device to generate the activation code that you will use on Amazon.com/mytv to link the device to your account.
- Go to your device app store.
- Search for “Prime video app”. You can find the app in your channel store depending on your device
- Download and install the app.
Now, you are ready to register on the Amazon website and activate the Prime video service on the device.
How to Activate Prime Video on Xfinity 1
Follow the procedure we shared in the headline above to download and install the Prime video app on your Xfinity 1 and follow this guide to activate the Prime video.
- Launch the “Prime Video” app on your Xfinity 1.
- Click on “sign in and start watching”.
- Enter your Amazon Prime Video username and password.
- Click on the “Sign in” button.
- Go to www.amazon.com/mytv and sign in to your Amazon Prime account online.
- Enter the Prime Video pairing code on your TV Box screen.
- Click “Enter”.
- Once the activation code is confirmed your TV Box screen will redirect you automatically to browse and watch Amazon Prime video of your choice on the Xfinity 1 device.
How to Activate Amazon Prime on Game Consoles
This approach cuts across all your game consoles. So, you would want to take advantage of this post to activate Amazon Prime on the console that you own or have direct access to.
- Launch the Prime Video app on your game console.
- Select “Register on the Amazon Website” option.
- Take note of the 5 – 6 digit activation code on the screen.
- Go to Amazon.com/mtv on your computer browser or mobile device.
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Enter the activation code on the screen of your TV.
- Click on the “Enter” button.
While your wait for Amazon to confirm the activation code and leave your TV active, you will be automatically redirected to Amazon Prime videos where you can browse and explore the streaming service on your game console.
The approach above covers how to activate the Prime Video app on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and other Xbox game consoles.
How to Activate Amazon Prime on Smart TV
Follow the direct approach below to activate the Amazon Prime app on your smart TV including Apple TV and Samsung TV.
- Open the “Amazon Prime” video app on your smart TV.
- Use your remote and select “Sign-in” on the navigation menu.
- You will get an activation code with an instruction to visit Amazon.com/mytv.
- Sign in to Amazon.com/mytv.
- Enter the activation code on your TV Box screen.
- Hover your mouse pointer to “Enter” and select it.
- After you have successfully signed in to your Amazon Prime account your TV screen will automatically be updated and start showing that you can now access Amazon Prime.
The video below explained in detail how to activate the Amazon Prime video on all your devices. The video includes how to sign in to Amazon.com/mytv, enter the activation code, and wait until your TV start showing Amazon prime video that you have subscribed to.