With Chromecast, you can enjoy streaming your preferred Starz Play movies and series on your TV easily while managing what you watch from your PC, tablet, or smartphone. The best part is that Chromecast is compatible with all Apple and Android devices. In this article, you will learn an easy guide to launching Chromecast and watching your favorite Starz Play movies and shows. Activate Starz on Chromecast here.
Starz is a US-based TV network and it’s a satellite subscription-based TV service that also delivers streaming services that causes some striking and great programming. Starz allows you to watch genuine programs, series, TV shows, movies, and much more. Also, it allows you to download your favorite movies and TV shows to watch later offline. Activate Starz on Chromecast.
There are so many packages (for kids, movie lovers, youngsters, etc) available for Starz subscribers based on your favorite category. Chromecast users with active TV subscriptions can download the Starz app and have unlimited access to Starz content for free.
It is really easy to activate the Starz application on different streaming devices especially on Chromecast and enjoy the content anywhere perfectly within a few minutes. Follow the guidelines stated below to activate Starz on Chromecast here.
This article will show you the two different ways to Chromecast Starz. It also works on Smart TVs that have integrated Chromecast support. There are two different methods to cast Starz to Chromecast connected TV namely, cast Starz using Android or iPhone and cast Starz using Chrome browser from PC.
How to Download Chromecast on Android
To download Chromecast on your device, you will need to connect your Chromecast dongle to the HDMI port of your TV, then select the proper input source on your TV and ensure that your Chromecast and Android devices are connected to the same WiFi network. You will also need an Android device. Activate Starz on Chromecast.
- Navigate to the Google Playstore and download the Chromecast app.
- Set up the app and select accept after reading the terms & conditions.
- Choose your Chromecast and tap on set up.
- Switch on your TV and search for the channel that streams the HDMI signal.
- A code will be displayed on your screen, ensure the code on your phone correlates with the code on your TV.
- Select I see the code on your device.
- Ensure to connect your Chromecast to a fast Wi-Fi network.
- Select Set Network.
You will get a notification on your device of a secure connection. Then, you are ready to cast!
How to Download Chromecast on iOS devices
To download Chromecast on your device, you will need to connect your Chromecast dongle to the HDMI port of your TV, an Apple device, and ensure your Chromecast and iOS devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Go to chromecast.com/setup on your Chromecast-supported iOS device to install the Chromecast app.
- Set up the app, then tap Accept after reading the Privacy and Terms.
- Close the Chromecast app and go to iOS Setting >>> Wi-Fi and tap Chromecast.
- Return to the Chromecast app and tap Next.
- Ensure the code on your phone matches the code on your TV.
- Click I See the Code.
- Choose Your Region and tap Next.
- Connect your Chromecast to a fast WiFi network.
- Tap Set Up.
Then, you are good to go!
Activate Starz On Chromecast Using Smartphone
- First, connect your Chromecast device to the HDMI port of your TV.
- Ensure that the Chromecast and your smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download and install the Starz app from the respective app store. In case you already installed the app, skip this step.
- Open the Starz app and fill in your login details.
- Click on the Cast icon at the top right corner, close to the search icon.
- Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
- Now select a song or play a movie you wish to watch on your TV screen.
- After watching, tap the cast icon again and select the Disconnect option to stop casting.
That’s it! You have successfully activated Starz on a Chromecast device using your smartphone.
Activate Starz On Chromecast Using PC
- Ensure to connect your Chrome installed PC and Chromecast device to the same network.
- Navigate to your Chrome browser and visit the Starz website.
- Log in to your account using the accurate details.
- Tap on the 3 dotted Chrome menu icon at the top right corner of your browser.
- Click on the Cart button below the menu option.
- There will be a search by Chrome for nearby available Chromecast devices.
- Select your Chromecast device then the PC screen will mirror your TV instantly.
- You can now play the Starz content you desire and watch it on your TV without any stress.
If you are using streaming services like Sling TV, fuboTV, Hulu With Live TV, or YouTube TV, it’s possible to stream Starz by adding it to your package as an additional adapter. In case you just purchased the newly launched Chromecast with Google TV, you can also install the Starz app to stream the content on the TV.
Watch Starz Play Content On Chromecast Device
After setting up your Chromecast, you need to activate the streaming service on your device. Follow the steps below, now that you have your Chromecast set-up:
- Sign in to your Starz Play account on your mobile device.
- Choose a movie or TV show you wish to watch and tap on the watch
- Click on the icon below at the right-hand corner and select stream to your Chromecast device.
You have done the activate Starz on Chromecast successfully!
Troubleshooting Tips to Try If You Can’t Chromecast Starz App
In the process of activating Starz on Chromecast, you could encounter some common problems. Here are several ways you can fix the issues and enjoy your stream. You might even need to use an integration of different strategies to achieve your aim sometimes. Below are some fixed methods you could try:
- Restart the Stream
This sounds so simple to be true but still try it. Restarting the stream might just be all you need to fix the playback error you are getting. In case you are experiencing Starz buffering issues, turn off the streaming platform and turn it on again to refresh it. You can do this with your router or TV.
- Switch Off any Background Apps
In case you are streaming from your smartphone or PC, never forget to switch off all background applications. If you are streaming from a PC, pause or stop all downloads while the stream is on since this might end up with too much data for your computer to handle.
- Ensure That No Other Devices are Connected to Your Network
Do you have a slow internet connection speed, then you are bound to experience Starz buffering issues if you have multiple devices connected to your network. However, if your PC, tablet, and TV are all connected during streaming, there could be an interference with the bandwidth and it could cause some errors. Just shut other devices down or simply activate airplane mode.
- Remove Temporary Files and Empty Your Web Cache
Too many files and items on your browser’s cache can cause your stream to be very slow or not useful. To delete excess data on Google Chrome, click on the keys “Ctrl”, “Shift”, and “Delete” simultaneously to access the “Clear browsing data” window and follow the instructions step by step.
- Use Ethernet to Connect Streaming Devices
Losing Wi-Fi signals is one of the common issues one encounters most times, using an Ethernet might be a better option. Just connect your modem to the streaming device directly and enjoy a faster internet connection.
- Upgrade your Chromecast device firmware
I hope the above guidelines help you to watch your favorite Starz app content on a bigger screen. If you had any errors while casting Starz, follow the troubleshooting tips stated above and check whether the issue has been resolved or not. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below. For a related post, click here.