If you are on this page, I take it that you want to know how to activate Travel Channel on Xbox, so this article will walk you through how to install and activate Travel Channel on your Xbox One, 360, and X/S series.
There are a variety of platforms that allows you to access the Travel Channel both through cable providers and online streaming services, but like we mentioned earlier, this article will be discussing how you can activate Travel Channel on your Xbox device only.
The Travel Channel, for several decades has been a conduit through which the global audience has a deep connection to the world, via the eyes of curious explorers.
It also has a wider selection of shows that go beyond travel, such as the paranormal and mystery shows, which is why you just have to activate Travel Channel on your Xbox.
On the other hand, Xbox is a gaming console brand developed and owned by Microsoft. The game console is capable of connecting to a television or other display media. Xbox provides realistic graphics for games.
Each Xbox system comes with an HDMI cable, a power cable and an Xbox Wireless Controller. You also get a free trial to Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass service and Xbox Live Gold service.
There are diverse models of the Xbox, released in different years, they range from the;
- Original Xbox released in (2001 – 2009)
- Xbox 360 released in (2005 – 2016)
- Xbox 360 S released in (2010 – 2016)
- Xbox 360 E released in (2013 – 2016)
- Xbox One released in (2013 – 2016)
- Xbox One S released in(2016 – Present)
- Xbox One X released in(2017 – 2020)
- Xbox Series X released in (2020 – Present)
Things to Have to Activate Travel Channel on Xbox
The following are the basic requirements that you will need to activate Travel Channel on your Xbox video gaming device.
- A subscription to Travel Channel through your cable/satellite TV provider.
- Residence in the United States or certain countries.
- The Travel Channel app
- Internet access through your computer or mobile device to complete the Travel Channel activation process.
- Access to your TV Provider’s account [Login username and password].
How To Activate Travel Channel on Xbox
Now, let’s get down to how you can activate Travel Channel on Xbox that is article promises you to address.
- Open the Microsoft Store, then search for Travel Channel.
- After finding it, download and install the app on your Xbox console.
- When the installation is complete, open the Travel Channel app and sign in to your account.
- Follow the given instructions, then the TV activation code will appear on your screen
- Note the code somewhere, then using a separate device, search and access https://watch.travelchannel.com/activate.
- After managing to enter the site, type the TV activation code.
- There you go, you have successfully activated Travel Channel on your Xbox.
Other Things You Can Do With Your Xbox.
Xbox offers you the opportunity to do variety of things, aside just watching the Travel Channel, that you must by now activated. So below are a list of other fun things you can do with your Xbox.
- Play Your Games on Any Xbox.
- Play With Windows 10 Gamers.
- Share Screenshots and Videos on Twitter and Facebook.
- Watch TV(other streaming services).
- Change Settings with Cortana.
- Create Your Own Club.
- Browse the Internet.
- Enjoy Windows Store Apps from Your PC
- Play Music While You Game
- Quickly Find People to Play With
- Play Original Xbox and Xbox 360 Games.
- Play Games in 4K on Xbox One X
- Watch 4K Videos on Xbox One S and Xbox One X
- Stream With Mixer
- Let Someone Help You In Your Games
- Compete Against Other Players in Tournaments
- Video & Audio Call Friends with Skype
- Listen to Music, Watch TV or Game Without Disturbing Someone
- Game with Nintendo Switch and iPhone Players
- Save Money on Games with Xbox Game Pass
How To Fix Travel Channel Not Responding on Xbox.
Peradventure you are having issues opening the Travel Channel app after you have activated it on your Xbox, you could do the following;
1. Quit and restart the app:
- On the Home screen, select My games & apps.
- Highlight the Travel Channel app, and then press the Menu button on the controller.
- If the option to Quit is present, select it. (If it’s not present, then, the app is not currently running.)
- Once you’re sure the app is closed, try to launch the app again by selecting it from the recently used tiles or from My games & apps.
2. Restart Your Xbox Console
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller.
- Select Restart console , then Restart.
- After restart, try to launch the app again.
3.Uninstall and Reinstall the App
To uninstall the app:
- On the Home screen, select My games & apps.
- Highlight the Travel Channel app to uninstall it.
- Press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Uninstall
- On the Home screen, select My games & apps, See all, Full library, All owned apps(in that order).
- Select the Travel Channel app to reinstall, and then select Install all.
- After install, try launching the app.
4. Check Your Network Connection
- First, press the Xbox button to open the guide
- Select System, then Settings
- Now choose Network, then Network Settings
- Then go to the right panel under Network Settings, choose Test Network Connection
From there, your network connection will be displayed so you know if it is up and running or had crashed.