Facebook allow users to create a unique Facebook nickname in Facebook chat and also change existing nicknames in Facebook chat. So, in this guide, we will take a look at how to change nickname in Facebook chat. This will cover how you can change the nickname on PC as well as on mobile [Android and iPhone].
With the Facebook Nickname, you can set a preferred name for each of the people you are chatting with on Facebook Messenger so that you can easily recognize them whenever their messages pop up on Messenger.
Choosing a different nickname on FB doesn’t other friends on Facebook. You can set unique nicknames for all your friends to easily identify them while using the Facebook chat or Messenger app.
Recommended: How to Change Your Facebook Name
How to Change Nickname in Facebook Chat PC
If you are PC reading this guide on how you can change your nickname in Facebook chat on PC kindly check through.
- Sign in to your “Facebook Account” on your “PC.”
- Tap on the “Messenger” icon at the top right.
- Open the “Facebook Conversation” where you want to change the “Nickname.”
- Tap on the “Menu” beside the “Profile Name.”
- Choose “Nickname.”
- Tap “Set Nickname” beside your “Facebook Profile Name.”
- Type your “Nickname” and tap the “Check” icon opposite it.
- A new message will appear on the chat saying you set your new Facebook Nickname to a particular name.
This is exactly how you can go about changing your nickname in Facebook chat. You can also set a nickname for the person you are chatting with by clicking on the person’s name and setting a new nickname for the profile.
How to Change Your Nickname on Facebook Chat
We will consider the steps to take to change your nickname on Facebook chat on mobile in this section. You must ensure that you are using the updated version of the Facebook Messenger app.
- Launch the “Facebook Messenger App” on your phone (Android or iPhone)
- Click on any of your “Facebook” conversations.
- Tap on the “Profile” name.
- Choose “Nicknames.”
- Under “Nicknames” you will see options to set a unique nickname for your Facebook profile for the particular conversation and the option to set a nickname for the Facebook profile you are chatting with how to delete nickname on facebook
- To change your Nickname you need to click on your “Name” under “Nicknames” that says “Set Nickname.”
- Delete the “Current Name” in the popup under “Edit Nickname” and change the name to your “Facebook Nickname”
- Tap “Set” to change the Nickname.
Meanwhile, your Facebook name will remain unchanged but the profile with the conversation where you set a new nickname will no longer see your real name rather the profile will start seeing your nickname in the conversation and this doesn’t affect all your friends on Facebook.
How to Delete Nickname on Facebook
Facebook allows uses to add and delete nicknames from their profile with the administrative right. So, here, we will take a look at how to delete nicknames on Facebook across all platforms.
If you are using a PC kindly follow the steps below to learn how to delete unwanted nicknames on your Facebook account.
- Go to “web.facebook.com” and sign in to your Facebook account.
- Tap on your “Profile” icon at the top left.
- Click on “About”
- Choose “Details about you.”
- Scroll down to “Add a nickname, a birth name,…”
- Click on the “3 dots” opposite the nickname you want to delete.
- Click “Delete Name” and tap “Confirm” from the pop-up to delete the nickname.
Wait for a couple of seconds and the nickname will be deleted.
Android and iPhone
On your Android or iPhone, you need to take the following steps to be able to delete your nickname from your Facebook profile name.
- Launch the “Facebook Mobile App.”
- Tap on the “Profile” icon on the navigation or your profile picture at the top left under the “FB Home” button.
- Scroll down and choose “see your about info.”
- Scroll down until you get to “Add Other Name.”
- Tap on the “Pencil” icon opposite the “Nickname” that you want to delete.
- Tap “Edit Name” to edit the Nickname” or “Delete Name” to delete the name under “Options.”
- Tap “OK” from the pop-up to successfully delete the selected nickname.