Facebook is striving to make everybody comfortable on the platform with lots of features and high level of privacy. If you so wish you can use a single name as your name on Facebook, add your Nickname to your Facebook profile, make your Facebook account private, enable Facebook recognition, lock your profile picture, and do all some other things on Facebook to make you comfortable on the platform.
The recent trick I discovered is how to add your Nickname to Facebook profile and display it at the top of your Facebook account. This is first seen on Twitter, now you can add Nickname to your Facebook profile. Today, I will reveal a secret to add Nickname to your Facebook account and display it at the top of your Facebook profile.
How to Add Nickname to Facebook Profile Name on Desktop
Here is a simple approach to follow to add a nickname to your Facebook profile name on a desktop computer [Windows & Mac OS].
1. Log into your Facebook account on any browser
2. Click on your “Profile Picture” to access your account profile page
3. Click on the “About” button and click on “Details about You”
4. Scroll down to “Other Names” and select “Add a Nickname”
5. Select “Nickname” from “Other Names”, enter your “Nickname” in the “Name” field and tick “Show at top of profile” to show your nickname at the top of your Facebook profile and then click “Save”
As simple as it is, you can add a new nickname to your account profile, edit your maiden name, father’s name, change your Facebook name and do all sort regarding your Facebook other names.
How to Add Nickname to Facebook Profile Name
You can also add your nickname to your Facebook account using the popular Facebook Android app for Android phone.
1. Launch the Facebook Android app from your phone apps menu
2. Click on the three horizontal lines and click “Account Settings” under “Help and Settings”
3. Click “Privacy” in the account settings
4. Click on “Manage your Profile” in the privacy settings
5. Scroll down to “Other Names” and click on “Add a Nickname”
6. Select “Nickname” in the name type field, enter your Nickname, tick “show at top of profile” and click “save“
With ease, this is is how to add a nickname to your Facebook profile name and let it show at the top of your Facebook profile.