With the Instagram new feature, you can now save Instagram photos without screenshots. You can save Instagram photos in JPG or PNG to your phone or computer. However, it’s a bit tricky to download photos from Instagram especially if you are not the one that uploaded the photo to your Instagram page. Without much stress in this article, we will discuss how to save Instagram photos without screenshot.
There are a few reasons why you want to download your Instagram photos without taking a screenshot. It could be because you want to close or delete your Instagram account or you want to keep the photos for future purposes.
To keep the quality of the photos you must download them and not take screenshots with Microsoft or PrtScr on your Windows computer.
How to Save Instagram Photos
We will take a look at how to save Instagram photos on iPhone, to phone like Android, to SDCard and to a computer. And since the approaches to downloading and saving photos from Instagram to these devices vary, we will take a close look at each approach to saving photos from Instagram to your
iPhone & Android
Follow the steps below to learn how to save photos from Instagram to your iPhone.
- Launch the “Instagram” app on your “iPhone.”
- Choose the “Menu” option at the top right.
- Click on “Settings and Privacy.”
- Scroll down to “Your apps and media” and click on “Archiving and downloading.”
- Toggle on “Save Original Photos.”
With save original photos turned on Instagram will automatically save a copy of your photos to your device SDCard or internal storage each time you upload a photo or photos to Instagram.
To be able to save your Instagram photos to your SDCard you must:
- Have an SDCard inserted into your phone
- Choose SDCard as your storage location. To change your phone storage from internal storage to SDCard kindly take the following steps.
- Insert an SDCard into your phone.
- Go to your “Phone Settings.”
- Choose “Storage” settings.
- Select “SD Card” as your default storage.
- Select the “3 dots” at the top right to select the “Menu.”
- Choose the “Storage Settings” option.
- Select the option to “Format as an Internal” storage.
- Tap on “Format as SD Card.”
- Tap “Move Content” to move your content from your internal storage to your external storage.
- Click on “Done.”
Henceforth, all your downloads including photo downloads from Instagram will be saved on your SD card.
How to Save Instagram Photos without Screenshot on Computer
The following steps will walk you through how to save your Instagram photos without screenshot on your computer on your Windows OS.
- Go to “Instagram.com” on a browser.
- Select the “Photo” you’d like to save to your computer.
- Click on the “3 dots” at the top right of the photo and choose “Go to post.”
- Right-click on the post when it opens and choose “View Page Source.”
- Press “CTR + F” on your computer and search for .jpg.
- Copy the first link with .jpg at the end of it.
- Open a new tab on your browser, paste it and hit the enter button.
- Right-click on the photo and click on “Save As.”
- Choose where to save the Instagram photos and hit the “Save” button.
This is the only way to download photos from Instagram on your computer without taking screenshot. The same approach is also valid to save Instagram photos to your Mac computer without screenshots.
How to Download Instagram Photos Using 3rd-part Tool
You can also use Instagram photo downloader to save a copy of your Instagram photos or save a photo from other users’ profiles on Instagram.
- Go to “https://toolzu.com/downloader/instagram/photo/” on a web browser.
- Go to “Instagram.com” and locate the photo that you want to download.
- Click on the “Photo” you want to download and choose “Copy Link.” The process to copy a link differs depending on the device. For a computer, you need to right-click and copy the link address while on a phone you may need to press and hold the image and choose copy link.
- Paste the copied link on Toolzu and hit the “Download” button to save and download the Instagram photo to your device.
You need to repeat this process to download as many as possible photos from Instagram.