The fact that we don’t know that Samsung is using Android OS makes it difficult to know whether Samsung devices can use Android apps without any limitations. This has also brought about the difficulties of how you can download and use WhatsApp on most Samsung devices which is nothing. Since downloading WhatsApp for Samsung phones is similar to all devices that are running on Android OS, I’ll walk you through how to download WhatsApp on your Samsung S4 phone.
Downloading WhatsApp for Samsung
It doesn’t matter the type of Samsung phone you are using you can download and install the latest WhatsApp on it. Whether you are using the S model or Z model or A model or M mode you can always use this article as a guide to learn how you can install WhatsApp on your device.
- Go to your Samsung Apps gallery. You can access this by swiping up your phone’s home screen.
- Choose the “PlayStore” icon on your “Apps” menu.
- Tap on the “Search” bar and type “WhatsApp.”
- Select “WhatsApp” from the search result and tap on the “Enter” button to search for “WhatsApp” on the “PlayStore” on your “Samsung.”
- Tap “Install” to download and install the latest “WhatsApp” version.
- Once you have successfully “Installed” the “WhatsApp” tap on the “Open” button to launch the “WhatsApp” app on your phone.
Downloading WhatsApp for Samsung on Old Devices
If you are using an old Samsung phone such as Samsung Galaxy Tab or other Samsung phones that are not using Android OS as their native OS you’d probably not be able to follow the above steps to install WhatsApp on them.
Therefore, we devised another means to install WhatsApp on your Samsung Galaxy Tab. Here is how!
- Go to your “Samsung” phone settings.
- Scroll down and choose “General.”
- Tap on “Security” >> “Unknown.”
- Download “WhatsApp APK” to your Samsung phone.
- Tap on the “APK” file (WhatsApp.apk).
- Tap “Install” and wait for a couple of seconds to install the app on your Samsung.
Once your WhatsApp APK app has been installed successfully you need to tap on the “Open” button and follow the onscreen instructions to create your WhatsApp account or import your WhatsApp account to the device.
Downloading WhatsApp for Samsung S4
It’s quite unfortunate that WhatsApp will no longer work on both Samsung S3 and Samsung S4/S4 Mini. This implies that you will no longer be able to download WhatsApp to your S3, S4 and S4 Mini directly from the Google PlayStore because WhatsApp has stopped supporting these Samsung devices among other devices that will no longer be able to use WhatsApp.
However, to download and install WhatsApp on your Samsung S4/S4 Mini you’d need to download and install the WhatsApp APK downloaded from a third-party site. This is not recommended because the app will not receive the app’s latest update to foster the security measures of the app and secure your privacy while using the app.