If you want to cancel your Apple subscription commitment here is a guide for you. If you are not sure of the steps you need to take on how to cancel Apple subscriptions for services you no longer require you should consider and check out the steps we will discuss here.
As an Apple user, there are different platform services that would require you to pay a subscription fee, like Apple Music and iCloud.
While some subscriptions are essential if you want to enjoy all the benefits of using an Apple device, some are optional, and you can cancel anytime you deem fit.
You can read the remaining section of this article to learn how to cancel Apple subscriptions.
How to Cancel Apple Subscriptions
If you use an Apple device, there is a high chance that you have a couple of services you are subscribed to, which can also include in-app purchases or apps purchased from the App store.
If there is any subscription you’d like to cancel, this article’s section will explain how you can cancel Apple subscriptions using various Apple devices.
How to Cancel Apple Subscriptions on iPhone
If your Apple device of choice is an iPhone, you can use it to cancel any subscription you no longer need on your Apple device by following the instructions below.
- Launch your iPhone’s setting app and click on your name.
- Then click on subscriptions and tap the subscriptions you want to delete.
- Then click on cancel subscription.
You can repeat the procedure as often as you deem fit to cancel any unwanted subscription.
How to Cancel Apple Subscriptions on iPad
You can cancel any Apple subscription of your choice on your iPad by simply following the instructions below.
- Open the settings app and click on your name.
- Then select subscriptions and click on the subscription you want to unsubscribe.
- Then tap cancel subscription.
If you have followed the instruction above, you have been able to cancel Apple subscriptions on iPad successfully.
You can also check out How to Update iPadOS to the latest version.
How to Cancel Apple Subscriptions on MAC
If you own a MAC, you can always use it to cancel any Apple subscription. All you have to do is follow the instructions listed below.
- Open the App store app on your MAC.
- Then click on your Name, or sign in if your name does not appear.
- Then click account settings and select subscription.
- Then click on manage, and scroll down to the subscription you want to delete.
- Then click edit and select cancel subscription.
If the cancel subscription button does not appear next to the subscription you want to cancel, it implies that the subscription has already been cancelled.
How to Cancel Apple Subscriptions on your Windows PC
While it might seem unusual, it is possible to cancel any apple subscription of your choice using your Windows PC if you have the iTunes app installed. You can do this by following the instructions below.
- Launch the iTunes app on your PC. You can download and launch it if it is not currently available on your PC.
- Then go to the menu bar of the iTunes app and select account.
- Then click on view account and select subscriptions from the settings menu.
- Then click on manage, and click the edit button beside the subscription you want to cancel.
- Then click cancel subscription.
If you followed the instructions above, it implies that you successfully cancelled Apple subscriptions using your Windows PC.
How to Manage Subscriptions on iPhone
Many apps you use on your iPhone require you either subscribe to the service or make in-app purchases.
Apple has provided a method that you can use to manage your iPhone subscriptions so you can change or cancel them as you desire.
You can manage subscriptions on your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Go to your app store and click on the picture icon or your picture at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then click on subscriptions and sign in with your Apple ID if prompted.
- Then click on the subscription you want to manage and perform any of the following options.
- Cancel or Change to another plan for an existing subscription.
- Resubscribe to a cancelled or expired subscription.
- Share your Apple store subscription with other members of your Apple Family sharing group.
You can manage your subscriptions on your iPhone by following the instructions above.
How to Cancel Subscriptions on iPhone
Subscriptions are a huge part of using the iPhone as you need to subscribe to certain apps and services to enjoy the full benefit of using an iPhone.
If you are no longer in need of an individual subscription, you can always cancel it by following the instructions below.
- Navigate to your settings app and tap your name.
- Then select subscriptions and click on the subscription you want to cancel.
- Then tap cancel subscription.
You can repeat the steps for any iPhone subscriptions you’d like to cancel.
Can You Cancel Apple Subscriptions Immediately?
Yes. You can cancel if you had just subscribed to an app or service and would like to cancel the subscription to prevent further renewal.
Once you cancel the subscription, you’d still be able to use it for the period you have made payment for. However, subsequent use would require that you resubscribe.
How to Request an Apple Subscription Refund
If you purchased an app or any other content from any Apple services like the App store, book store, and iTunes store, and you do not feel like you got your money’s worth, some of the purchases are usually eligible for a refund.
If your purchase is eligible, you can request a refund by following the instructions below.
- Sign in to https://reportaproblem.apple.com/?s=6 on any browser of your choice.
- Then click on the “I’d like to” option and select ‘request a refund.’
- Then select why you’d like to be refunded and click next.
- Then select the subscription, app, or any other content you want a refund for and tap submit.
If you have followed the instruction above, you have been able to request a refund for a subscription or any other content, and Apple will process your request and they’d update you.
This article has examined how you can cancel any Apple subscription of your choice using devices like the iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Windows PC.
We also looked at how you can request a refund if you purchased an unsatisfactory subscription or content from Apple.