Are you familiar with any Media players that enable you to watch various videos of different formats, like AVI, MP4, M4V, FLV, MOV, etc.? If yes, have you tried using the VLC Media player recently, I will recommend you cast VLC to Android TV because VLC for Android can play any video and audio files.
This article will show you how you can cast VLC to Android TV without any hassle. Stay tuned! VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and it gives you access to browse folders directly. Another recent feature of VLC is that it supports multi-track audio, subtitles, auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments, and gestures to control volume, brightness, and seeking.
VLC Media Player is a universal media player available for every screen size which is powered by various operating systems like Windows, Android, Mac Os, Linux, etc. In addition, VLC Media is free, therefore anyone can download it and enjoy streaming without any hassle.
VLC can be downloaded and installed on your big screen Smart TV, however, your TV must be powered by Android. Most of the most recent brands of Samsung, LG, Sharp, TCL TV run Android TV operating system, making it easy to install the VLC player on it.
You can download the VLC app from the official Google Play Store on your Android TV. Installing the VLC Media Player on your Android TV is very simple, all you need to do is locate the app on Google Play Store and click on the install button. The app is known as VLC for Android.
This post will guide you on how to install and cast VLC to Android TV step by step. Follow the steps below.
How To Download and Install VLC on Android TV
You can find the VLC media player app on the official Google Play Store on your Android TV. The Android TV version of the Play Store only has limited apps that are optimized for smart Android TVs.
Downloading and Installing the VLC Media Player on your Android TV is very straightforward since all you need to do is locate the app on the Google Play Store and click on Install. The app is known as VLC for Android. Follow the steps below to download and install VLC Media Player on Your Android TV.
Follow and implement the methods stated below to install VLC on your Android TV. There are two ways to download and install VLC on your Android TV; they are using the Google Play Store and without using Google Play Store:
How to Cast VLC using the Google Play Store
Google Play Store is a verified App store by Google for all devices running on the Android operating system. Follow the steps below to install the VLC media player on Android TV:
- Navigate to your Home screen and go to the Apps section to find Google Play Store and open it.
- Search for VLC in the Google Play Store for Android TV and tap on the VLC app (If you are using a browser, you can navigate to the URL directly.
- Click on the Install button on the page and wait for a few minutes to get it app installed. (In case you are using a browser, you can log in to the Play Store account and select your Android TV to install the VLC app).
- After the installation process has been completed, open the VLC player by tapping on the Open button inside the App store VLC page. This can also be found on the Home screen or in the Apps section on your Android TV.
- That’s it! Now, you have successfully installed the VLC media player on your Android TV without any hassle.
How to Cast VLC without the Google Play Store
This method is mainly for users who are having Android TV but the Play store application is not present in it. In other words, if your TV is not Android TV certified without Play Store supported on it, then you can download the VLC apk file and install it on your TV instead.
How to Cast VLC to Android TV
The following steps will help you cast VLC to Android TV without any hassle:
- The first thing to do is to access your storage for the first run of the application.
- Under the Browsing option, go to Internal Memory (In-Built Storage) >> Local Network (Home server or PC/Laptop) >> Stream (can stream directly from a link).
- Locate your video file from your local network or a USB device.
- Play the selected file/video.
- After selection, the video will begin playing on the VLC Media Player.
- Tap on the up button on the remote to access the settings on the VLC Media Player.
- That’s it!
Once you launch the VLC Player for the very first time, accept all the permissions that you will be asked for like storage permissions on TV.
- From the left side of the VLC window, you can access the video, audio, Browsing, and Others.
- Video will get you access to all the video files on your system.
- Audio will help you gain access and also play the audio files present in your system.
- The Browsing option will help you gain access to the media files stored in Local memory, Internal memory, Streaming devices, and USB storage.
- Others will help you gain access to the necessary settings.
Can’t Cast VLC to Android TV? Try these Fixes!
While trying to cast files from VLC to your Android TV, you may be unable to watch selected video because all you see is a black screen with only the title of the file displayed on the Android TV. Try the following steps below to fix the issue:
- Ensure that VLC and Android TV are on the same reliable network.
- Disconnect from the VPN service in case you are connected.
- Make sure you update the VLC application to its most recent version.
- Switch off your firewall, because it may block the port or simply allow VLC port in firewall configuration.
- Verify your network configuration and switch your network from public to private.
One of these fixes should help you solve the issue of can’t cast VLC to Android TV easily.
After all, has been said and done, the above is how you can install and cast VLC to Android TV. I hope you find this article quite useful and interesting. In case you have any suggestions regarding the VLC Media Player, then feel free to comment in the section below.