Do you need to change the name of your AirPods, but you are not sure about the steps to take to change it? Then this article is for you, as we will be looking at the different methods and steps on how to change the name of your AirPods.
AirPods are one of the best wireless earbuds you can own, and when you buy and set up your new AirPods, you are assigned a generic name, which you can use or change to another name you’d prefer.
Having an AirPods name is necessary, as it is required when you want to connect your AirPods to other devices.
If you do not like the generic name assigned to your AirPods by apple, or you’d like to gift or sell your AirPods and want to change the name, you can read through the remaining sections of this article to learn the required steps.
How to Change the Name of Your AirPods
Your AirPods name signifies that you are the owner of the Airpod, and it is usually used to connect to other devices when needed.
If you’d like to change the name of your AirPods, you can do it using any of your Apple devices like the iPhone, iPad, and MAC, and this section of the article will explain the required steps.
How to change the Name of your Airpods on an iPhone
As an iPhone user, you can always use your iPhone to change the name of your AirPods. All you have to do is follow the instructions given below.
- Wear your AirPods and confirm it is connected to your iPhone.
- Then go to your iPhone’s settings and click on the name of your airpod at the top corner of your screen.
- Then click on your current name and enter the new name.
- Then tap done to complete the process.
You can repeat the process anytime you want to change the name of your AirPods using your iPhone.
You can also check out How to Find my AirPods if they are Dead.
How to change the Name of your Airpods on an iPad
If you own an iPad, you can follow the instructions below to change the name of your AirPods using the iPad.
- Make sure that you are wearing the AirPods and that it is connected.
- Then open the settings app on your iPad and click on your current iPad name at the top of the screen.
- Then type the new name and click done.
If you have followed the steps above, you have been able to use your iPad to change the name of your AirPods successfully.
How to Change the Name of your AirPods on MAC
As a MAC user, you can follow the instructions below to change the Name of your Aiprods using your MAC.
- Click on your Apple menu and select system settings.
- Then go to the sidebar to scroll and click on the name of your AirPods.
- Then input the new name you want to use.
You can follow these instructions anytime you want to change your Airpods name using your MAC.
This article section has described how you can change your Airpods name using your iPhone, iPad, or MAC.
How to Change Airpods Pro Name
Airpods and Airpods pro are the same devices, with the Pro having extra qualities that put it a little above the AirPods.
Like the AirPods, you can change the name of your AirPods Pro using the iPhone, iPad, or MAC, and we will explain how to go about it in this section of the article.
You can change the name of your AirPods Pro using your iPhone by following the steps below.
- Wear your AirPods Pro and connect it to your iPhone.
- Then open the settings app and click on your airpod Pro’s name.
- Input the new name you prefer and tap done.
You can use your iPad to change your Airpod Pro’s name by following the instructions given below.
- Pair your Airpod Pro with your iPad and put it on.
- Then navigate to your iPad settings menu and tap the name of your airpod Pro.
- Enter the name you want to change it to and click on done.
You can change your Airpod Pro’s name using your MAC by following the instructions below.
- Click on the Apple menu icon and go to system settings.
- Then click on your Airpods name at the sidebar and enter the new name you would like to use.
You can use any of the devices mentioned in this article to change your Airpod Pro’s name anytime you desire.
How to Restart Airpods
If you are experiencing pairing issues or any other glitches when using your AirPods, you might be able to resolve the issue by restarting your AirPods.
You can restart your AirPods by following the instructions below.
- Put the AirPods in their charging case.
- Then close the lid for approximately 10 seconds.
Once the time has elapsed, you can open the lid and pair your AirPods to a device to confirm that it is now functioning correctly.
How to Factory Reset Airpods
If you are having issues with your AirPods and restarting the AirPods did not resolve the issue, the solution to resolving the problem might be to factory reset your AirPods.
You can factory reset your AirPods by following the instructions below.
- Put your AirPods in their charging case and close the lid for about 10 seconds.
- Once the time has elapsed, remove the AirPods from the case and wear them like you usually would.
- Then navigate to your iPhone or iPad’s settings menu and click on your AirPods name.
- Then click on the more info icon and select forget device.
- Then put the AirPods back into the charging case and leave the lid open.
- Finally, press the setup button at the back of the case for approximately 15 seconds or till the LED changes from amber to white.
You can then use your AirPods with a paired device to confirm that it is functioning at an optimal level.
Examples of Funny Airpod Names
Airpod names are used to signify ownership and connecting to other devices. You can always change your AirPods name to any name you deem fit, and if you are looking for some funny names to use for your AirPods, you can take inspiration from the names below.
- Air Thots
- Mummy Pods
- Daddy Pods
- Pea in a Pod.
- Coffee Pods.
- Shrek Ears.
- Can’t Hear Pods.
- Allergic Pods
- Anti-social Pods.
- Baby Pods.
This article has explained how you can change your AirPods name using your iPhone, iPad, or MAC. We also looked at how you can restart, and factory reset your AirPods to resolve glitches.
Please feel free to use the comment section if you are stuck at any point.