If you have a Samsung smartwatch, there are several ways you can charge your watch once the battery is low. The wireless charging dock and USB cable usually come with your newly purchased Samsung smartwatch. In this article, you will learn how to charge Samsung watch with and without a charger.
Before going ahead to charge your Samsung watch, ensure that only the recommended chargers are used with your watch. Using incompatible chargers can make the battery explode and damage your watch. You should also charge the watch fully before turning it on.
If it’s your first time using your Samsung watch or it has been left unused for a long time, you need to charge the battery fully. You can use the “follow-come” wireless charging dock and charger. You can’t charge Samsung watch properly with a third-party charger.
Note that once you connect the charger improperly, it may cause severe damage to the device. In addition, any damage caused by misuse is not covered by the warranty. Read on as we unravel the different methods how to charge Samsung watch.
Precautions to take when charging Samsung Watch
There are precautions you need to follow before charging your Samsung smartwatch. Some of these tips are:
- Ensure the Samsung Watch is dry before connecting it to the charging dock.
- Once the battery power is low, you will see the battery icon display empty.
- The Samsung watch cannot be turned on immediately once the charger is connected if the battery is completely discharged
- Allow a drained battery to charge for a few minutes before you turn on the Samsung Watch.
- In case you use several apps at the same time, the watch battery will drain quickly.
- To prevent losing power during a data transfer, ensure to always use these apps after completely charging the battery.
- If you use a power source different from the charger, such as a computer, this may cause a slower charging speed due to a lower electric current.
- In other words, charging the Samsung Watch with other devices via a multi-charger may take longer.
- You can use the Samsung Watch while it’s charging, however, it may take a longer time completely charge the battery.
- If the Samsung Watch is receiving an unsteady power supply while charging, the touchscreen may not work. Once this occurs, disconnect the Samsung Watch from the wireless charging dock.
- The Samsung Watch may heat up while charging. This is very normal and should not affect the Watch’s lifespan or functionality.
- In case the battery gets hotter than usual, the charger may stop charging.
- If the Samsung Watch doesn’t charge properly, you can take the Watch to a Samsung Service Centre.
- Do not use a bent or damaged USB cable.
Can I charge my Samsung Smartwatch from my phone?
Yes, you can charge your Samsung smartwatch from your phone once you have the wireless PowerShare feature enabled. Your phone can reverse charge another phone, smartwatch, or Galaxy Buds. All you need to do is place the two devices side by side. Note that the Wireless PowerShare feature works mostly with Qi-Compatible devices.
Do all Samsung watches use the same charger?
There are two different types of chargers you can use with your Samsung smartwatch: a flat charging dock or a charging dock with pins. The particular type you will use depends on the Samsung watch model you have. The right charger will always come with your smartwatch. In case you don’t have a compatible Samsung wall charger, you can buy it separately.
How long does it take to charge a Samsung Watch?
To have a complete battery charge of 100%, you need to charge your smartwatch for about 3 to 4 hours when the watch battery is at 0%. It’s recommended that you charge your smartwatch every night so you can begin each day with a 100% battery. Always remember to turn off the Samsung watch before charging it.
How to Charge Samsung Watch
Here is how to charge your Samsung watch via the simple steps below. You can charge your smartwatch via the Wireless Charging Dock or using your smartphone. Follow the steps below on how to charge Samsung watch via the wireless charging dock:
- Connect the charger to the wireless charging dock.
- You can use the small end of the charger and the port behind your dock.
- Ensure you use the Samsung charger and dock that comes with the watch.
- In case the original dock that came with the watch has been lost, you can navigate to this site to find another compatible dock: https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/wireless-charging-dock-compatibility-between-samsung-wearable-devices/.
- Connect the charger to a socket via the large end of the charger in a nearby electric socket.
- Place the Samsung Watch onto the charging dock and position the back of the watch against the wireless charger to ensure that the centers of each are aligned.
- Now, you can disconnect the watch once it’s fully charged.
- The LED indicator will turn from red to green once the Watch is wholly charged.
- If the LED indicator of the wireless charging dock flashes orange, it means that the dock is connected to a low-power adaptor and the watch won’t charge as fast as you want.
- Finally, disconnect the Samsung Watch from the wireless charging dock, wait till the LED indicator stops flashing, and reconnect the two.
In case you encounter any error while charging your Samsung watch with the wireless charging dock, you can contact a Samsung Service Center for service support.
How to Charge Samsung Watch with Samsung Phone
Samsung’s PowerShare feature is designed to work with Samsung Watches, but then this feature of other smartphones may work for you as well. In other words, if you have a non-Samsung phone with a similar feature, observe your phone and the smartwatch for excess heat, and disconnect the watch once it starts getting hot.
Here’s how to charge your Samsung Watch with your Galaxy Phone:
- Charge your smartphone to at least 30 percent.
- Swipe down on the screen to open the quick settings option.
- Click on the Wireless PowerShare.
- Position your phone face-down on a flat dry surface.
- Now, place your smartwatch on the back of your phone.
- Rotate and reposition the watch till it begins charging.
That’s it! You have finally been able to charge your Samsung watch via Samsung phone.
How to Charge Samsung Watch without Charger
Since you know that Samsung’s PowerShare feature is available in some Galaxy phones which allows you to charge devices like the smartwatch from your phone. If your smartphone has this feature, you can also charge your Samsung watch without the charger.
Here’s how to charge Samsung watch without the original charger:
- Get a Qi wireless charger.
- Position your smartwatch on the charger.
- Reposition the watch appropriately until it begins to charge.
- If necessary, detach the watch band.
- The watch band may affect the watch, making it sit too far away from the charger’s surface.
This is all you need on how to charge Samsung watch. Feel free to drop your comments in the section below if you were able to successfully charge your smartwatch.