To connect your Aftershokz headphone to your smartphone [Android or iPhone] is easier than you can ever imagine. All you need to pair or connect your Aftershokz headphone to Android or iPhone or another smart device is a Bluetooth function.
The Aftershokz headphone connects with all smart devices with Bluetooth 3.1 or later. However, it does connect with the earlier Bluetooth version though, but the Aftershokz headphone is designed to connect seamlessly with Bluetooth 3.1 version or higher.
It is worth pointing out that the Aftershokz headphone also connects to smartwatches with a Bluetooth version 3.1 or higher. However, the Aftershokz is selective when connecting or pairing it with a transmitter.
With all these being said, we will move straight to the business of the day, which is how to connect Aftershokz headphones to iPhone or Android and other smart devices with a Bluetooth 3.1 version or higher.
You want to change your Aftershokz headphone? Here are the best Aftershokz with NFC.
How to Put Aftershokz Headphone in Pairing Mode
To start with, you need to put your Aftershokz headphone into a pairing mode so that your Bluetooth-enabled device will be able to detect your headphone.
Therefore, before we proceed with how to connect your Aftershokz headphone to your device, follow the steps below to put your Aftershokz in pairing mode.
- Turn off your Aftershokz headphone
- Press and hold the volume+ button for about 5 – 7 seconds.
- Keep holding until the LED light flashes red and blue.
- Once it’s in pairing mode, you will prompter Audrey says, “pairing.”
Once you have put your Aftershokz headphone in a pairing mode, you are a few steps away from connecting your Aftershokz.
You can get your new Aftershokz headphone at a very cheap rate.
How to Connect Aftershokz with iPhone
Following the steps below, you will be able to pair or connect your Aftershokz headphone to your iPhone using Bluetooth.
- Turn off your Aftershokz headphone.
- Press and hold the volume + for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Let go of the volume + button once you hear your device is in pairing mode.
- Go to your iPhone Settings >> Bluetooth.
- Click on the name of your “Aftershokz headphone.”
- You will hear “Connected” on your headphone from Audrey.
Now, both the Aftershokz headphone and your iPhone will be connected. You can play music on your iPhone to listen to it on your Aftershokz. However, as long as the Aftershokz headphone is connected to your iPhone, it will serve as your phone speaker, except an external speaker is selected on your iPhone.
How to Connect Aftershokz to Android
The steps to pair or connect your Afterhokz to your Android are similar to your iPhone. However, for the sake of doubt, we will discuss how to connect Aftershokz to your Android phone below.
- Turn off your Aftershokz headphone.
- Press and hold the volume (+) button until the headphone says “Pairing.”
- You should see the Aftershokz pairing LED flashes “Red & Blue.”
- Once the headset is in pairing mode, turn to your Android phone.
- Go to your Phone Settings >> Bluetooth.
- Search for available devices until your Aftershokz headset is discovered.
- Click on the name of your headphone to pair or connect with your phone.
- Once it’s paired, Audrey will say Connected.
With the steps above, you can pair or connect your Aftershokz headphone to your Android phone.
How to Connect AfterShokz OpenComm Headsets with NFC
Aftershokz is an NFC-equipped headphone. Therefore, it is easy for the Aftershokz headphone to connect with all devices with the NFC [Near Field Communication], most especially for the cops.
However, the NFC-equipped headphone doesn’t need to be manually connected using the Bluetooth function. Instead, the devices are wirelessly connected to one another once the Aftershokz and NFC device is close enough to establish communication.
Therefore, if you have both the Aftershokz OpenComm headset and NFC device, below are the steps to take to connect your Aftershokz to NFC.
- Switch off the Aftershokz OpenComm headphone.
- Put the device in a pairing mode by pressing and holding the volume (+).
- Ensure the Aftershokz headphone blinks red and blue light to confirm that the Opncomm headset is in pairing mode.
- Move the Aftershokz Opencomm NFC sign on the headphone close to the NFC location on the Android phone you want to connect your Aftershkoz to.
- Watch out for a blue light that blinks [once] once both devices have been paired successfully.
Once the devices are connected, Audrey will say Connected. You can also check the Android phone with NFC you are connected to confirm that both the Aftershokz headphone and NFA Android are connected.
In conclusion, to connect your Aftershokz headphone to your Android or iPhone, put the Aftershokz headphone into pairing mode, turn on your Android or iPhone Bluetooth, search for the Aftershokz name and click on it.