If you are in search of how to connect google home to TV without Chromecast, we have you covered in this article. We have compiled this article to guide you on how you can connect your Google Home to your TV without Chromecast
You can connect your Google Home to your TV without Chromecast by using a third-party Wi-Fi-enabled universal device or an Android quick remote app.
These third-party devices allow you to use Google assistant commands to control your TV when connected to your TV. Using the Android quick remote app would allow you to as pause, skip, play, and turn on and off your TV.
Here in this article, we would discuss how to connect google home to your TV without Chromecast by connecting a Logitech remote or Android Quick remote app to control your TV.
How to Connect Google Home to TV Without Chromecast
There are two ways how to connect google home to a TV without Chromecast, and the first method is to use a 3rd party WiFi-enabled universal device such as a Logitech harmony remote control system.
Another way you can connect Google Home to your TV without using Chromecast would be to use an Android quick remote app.
Use a Logitech Harmony Remote Control System
If you are looking for how to connect google home to TV without Chromecast, you can use a universal remote such as a compatible Logitech Harmony remote system
With Google Assistant voice command you can control your TV when you link Google Home to a Harmony remote system.
To use Harmony remote system to control your TV, you have to install the IFTTT app on your smartphone.
Open the app, search for and select Harmony from the list. For you to connect to the Harmony remote system you have to log in with your credentials.
Use The Quick Remote App
You can plug a Roku media player into your TV and have it linked to Google Home through the Quick remote app.
The Quick Remote app is available for only Android devices and can be downloaded through the Google Play store.
You can use voice commands to control your TV after you’ve linked the Quick Remote app together with your Roku device and Google Home.
How to Connect Google Nest to Chromecast
You can use a Chromecast, Chromecast ultra, or a TV with Chromecast built-in to play media on your TV using a Google Nest speaker. If you are looking to connect to Google Nest speaker or Chromecast, ensure you follow these steps:
- Ensure your phone or tablet is connected to the same WiFi or the same account linked with your Chromecast or speaker.
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- Touch and hold your device’s tile.
- Click Add to a room > Choose a home > Next Move device.
- Select a room > tap Next.
If you are connecting Google Nest to Chromecast with a new TV follow these steps:
- Make sure your mobile phone or tablet is connected to the same WiFi or the same account linked with your Chromecast or google nest speaker.
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- At the top left corner, tap Add > Set up device > New device.
- Click on the home you would like to add your device to and select Next.
- Select the device you want to set up and select Next.
- Make sure that the code that is being displayed on your TV screen matches the code that is being displayed on the screen of your mobile phone.
- Click the room where you want to set up your device and select Next.
- Click the Wi-Fi network you want your device connected to and select Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Continue.
How to Control TV With Google Home
You can control your TV with Google Home or Google home speaker. You can turn your TV on or off using your voice. To control your TV with your voice you need to ensure Chromecast is connected to a Google Home speaker.
Ensure your TV supports HDMI-CEC, here is a list of TVs that supports CEC: AOC, Hitachi, Insignia, ITT, LG, Magnavox, Mitsubishi, Onkyo, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Sylvania, Toshiba, and Vizio.
Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) is often turned off by default and you can be turned on through your TV settings. Depending on the model of your TV, the location of CEC settings can vary.
After you turn off your TV, you have to ensure your Chromecast remains plugged into a power wall outlet so that it can respond to your voice command when you want to turn it on using your voice.
You also have to ensure Chromecast is running on the latest firmware version
To turn on your TV simply say:
“Hey, Google turn on my TV”, “Hello Google turn on my Samsung TV” or “Hi Google turn on my Living room TV”.
To turn off your TV just say :
“Hey google turn off my TV”, “Hey Google turn off my LG TV” or Hey Google turn off my Bedroom TV”.
Google Home Not Connecting
If your Google Home is not connecting to the internet such that you can’t play videos on your TV below are some steps that can help you fix the issue:
Check Your Wi-Fi Connection
Check your Wi-Fi settings on your TV, ensure you have a strong internet connection and you should reset or restart your router.
Check For System Updates
Follow these steps to check for updates on your TV:
- Go to settings < Select < System About < System update < check for an update. If there is an available update, install it on your TV.
Restart Your Device
If your Google Home is not connecting to the internet, you restart your TV to fix this issue:
- To restart your Google TV.
- Go to your profile icon
- Select Settings
- Select the system and then restart.
Clear App Data
Follow these steps to clear app data on your TV:
- Go to your profile icon.
- Select Settings
- Select Apps and you should view all apps.
- Search and select the app.
- Select Clear data.
Factory Reset Your TV
When you factory reset your TV, all the data from your device would get erased. Follow these steps to factory reset your TV:
- From your TV, Go to your profile icon < Select settings < Select System > About > Factory reset.