Since the Sony headphones and iPhone are from different manufacturers, you may think you can’t connect Sony headphones to iPhone. But, you can pair your Sony headphones and iPhone using Bluetooth without a problem.
So, suppose you have either an iPhone or Sony headphone, and you are planning to get a complimenting device to be able to enjoy music at will. In that case, you can go for iPhone as your smartphone and Sony headphones as your headset and pair the two devices together without a glitch.
So, in this article, I will walk you through the steps to take to pair or connect Sony headphones to iPhone using the device’s Bluetooth connection.
Often, your iPhone and Sony headphones can be disconnected if the range between the two devices is out of range. And if either of the devices’ Bluetooth is not functioning well, the connected Sony headphone and iPhone will not work as expected.
Therefore, if you are sure that everything is in the other, below we will discuss the steps to take to connect Sony headphones to iPhone using Bluetooth on both devices.
Turn on your Sony Headphone
Before we proceed to pair both the Sony headphone and your iPhone using the Bluetooth feature on both devices, first turn on your Sony headphone.
- Change the Sony headphone and ensure it is fully charged.
- Press and hold the Sony headphone power for a couple of seconds until the headphone starts blinking red light.
Once the Sony headphone starts blinking red light, it means that the device is turned on but not yet paired. To put the Sony headphone in a pairing mode, the red light has to alternate with a blue light.
How to Connect Sony Headphones to iPhone
The simple process to follow to connect your iPhone to your Sony headphone is shared below. Follow the steps are stated, and your Sony headphone will be paired with your iPhone.
- Turn on the Sony headphone [see the steps above].
- Hold down the power button until the headphone starts blinking, both red and blue light to indicate that the device Bluetooth is red to pair.
- Go to your iPhone settings and click on the “Bluetooth.”
- Click on the “Scan” button to search for all available devices whose Bluetooth is turned on.
- Once the Sony headphone name pops up, click on it.
- Wait for the device to pair. Once the device is paired, the Bluetooth icon on your iPhone will show cap-related. However, the iPhone might request a PIN or passcode to pair the iPhone to the Sony headphone. To proceed with the pairing, type the default PIN “0000″ OR your PIN if you have changed the default pin.
And now, you can start using your iPhone and Sony headset together. Meanwhile, to receive a call on your iPhone without the Sony headphone when paired together ensure you disconnect the iPhone from the headphone.
How to Disconnect Sony Headphone from iPhone
There is no need to keep your Sony headphones and iPhone connected if you are not using either of the devices. To prolong either device (s) battery life span, it’s better to disconnect the devices from pairing and reconnect when the need arises.
To disconnect your iPhone from your Sony headphone, go to your iPhone settings and turn off the Bluetooth. And on the Sony headphone, on the other way round, turn off the Sony headphone for later use to save your battery from running down.
With the steps above, you will be able to connect your Sony headphones and iPhone together by putting your Sony headphone in a pairing mode and putting on your iPhone Bluetooth.
Can’t Pair Sony Headphone to iPhone
If you can’t connect your Sony headphone and iPhone together following the steps we shared above, the following reasons could be why.
- The Sony headphone battery is too low.
- The headphone name you selected on your iPhone is not the name you selected. Perhaps, you chose the wrong Bluetooth from the list.
- The distance between your headphone and iPhone is out of range. To fix this, move close to either of the device and initiate the step to connect your Sony headphone to your iPhone as shared above.
We discussed how to connect Sony headphones to the iPhone in this guide. If you encounter any problems, please leave a comment below.