You may find yourself in a situation whereby you need to convert your Windows 11 PC into a mobile hotspot to connect your other devices to your PC hotspot. Well, without wasting your time regarding how to turn your Windows computer into a hotspot for your other device this article will consider how to create WiFi hotspot in Windows 11 laptop without any software.
A device can share its internet connection with other nearby devices using hotspots that allow nearby smartphones, tablets, and laptops to connect to the internet through your Windows 11 device if it is online.
How to Turn on Windows 11’s Mobile Hotspot
Setting up a mobile hotspot and sharing your internet connection with other devices is quite simple with Windows 11. To make your Windows 11 device a mobile hotspot, you need to perform the following:
- First, open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Choose Network & Internet from the sidebar, then select the Mobile hotspot tab.
- Turn on the mobile hotspot by flipping the switch.
- Choose your desired choice (WiFi or Ethernet) from the drop-down menu for “Share my internet connection from.”
Now that you can connect, your hotspot is ready.
How to Create WiFi Hotspot in Windows 11 Laptop Without any Software
At times, you might want to turn your Windows 11 computer into a WiFi hotspot. While having a single WiFi network for all of your devices is ideal, there are several circumstances in which that may not be practical.
For instance, if you are staying in a hotel and the WiFi connection is only for one device, you should share the connection with your phone or tablet by turning your PC into a WiFi hotspot.
Here are the different methods through which you can create a WiFi hotspot on Windows 11:
Via your Windows 11 Settings App
This is the simplest way to quickly turn your Windows 11 computer into a WiFi hotspot. Let’s look at how to modify the settings so that the mobile hotspot can simply connect additional devices to your PC’s internet connection:
Therefore, you can learn How to Create WiFi Hotspot in Windows 11 Laptop Without any Software by following the steps below.
- To launch the Settings app by pressing the Windows + I keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- On the left side of the Settings box, select Network & Internet.
- Next, scroll down to the right side of the window and activate the Mobile hotspot.
- To activate the Power saving option on your PC, click on the Mobile Hotspot option.
- This will make sure that the Mobile hotspot is off by default when no devices are connected to your PC.
- If this is your first time using a Mobile hotspot, be sure to give it a name and secure it with a password.
- Your connection will be protected from illegal access as a result.
- To do this, go to the bottom and click on Edit in the Properties section.
- Enter your preferred, easily recognizable name in the Network name section of the Edit network info.
- Then enter a password with at least 8 characters in the Network password area.
- To save the changes, click on Save.
Now, you have been able to successfully create a WiFi hotspot on Windows 11 PC using the Settings app.
Use Command Prompt
While you can use the Settings app to create a WiFi hotspot on Windows 11 PC, occasionally it might not work. In certain cases, you can manually enable the mobile hotspot on your PC using the Command Prompt.
Therefore, by following how to create WiFi hotspot in Windows 11 laptop Without any Software using the command prompt you will be able to turn your Windows 11 computer to your hotspot.
- Open your Windows command prompt by pressing the Windows key and R on your keyboard at the same
- Type cmd into the Run command search field.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter on your keyboard.
- Type the following command into the Command Prompt (admin) window: netsh wlan show drivers and press Enter.
- You can use this to determine whether your laptop is compatible with the virtual hotspot or not.
- After completing Steps 1 and 2, restart the Command Prompt with administrative access.
- Afterwards, run the command listed below in the elevated Command Prompt: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid= key=.
- The name you want to broadcast is what the SSID syntax here indicates. It might be anything you want it to be.
- The password is the Key Syntax in this case.
- You can enter the password you have chosen.
- Copy and paste the command below and press Enter to start the hosted network you created above, with SSID as TechEmpty: netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
- The message “the hosted network mode has been set to allow” will be returned. This indicates that the command was successfully carried out.
- To check the virtual hotspot’s properties, use the third command as follows and press Enter before moving on to share your PC’s internet with other devices: netsh wlan show hostednetwork.
- Follow the procedures below to share the computer’s WiFi with other devices.
- To launch the Run command, use the shortcut keys Windows + R.
- To open the Network Connection window, type ncpa.cpl into the search box and click OK.
- Right-click on the active internet connection in the Network Connections window and choose Properties.
- Go to the Sharing tab in the Properties dialogue box and choose the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s network connection checkbox.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Home networking connection.
- Un-check the box next to Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet connection. This depends on your home network.
- To save the changes and move on, press OK.
- To stop the shared network, enter the command listed below in the Command prompt (admin) window: netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
Now, you have been able to successfully create a WiFi hotspot on Windows 11 PC using the command prompt method.
How to Change Windows 11’s Mobile Hotspot Settings
You can change the name, password, and whether or not users connect the WiFi WiFi or Bluetooth on your Windows 11 hotspot.
Therefore, to do this kindly follow the step below!
- Choose the necessary choice from the Share Over menu to specify whether Bluetooth or WiFi will be used for connections with other devices.
- If you select Bluetooth, you must ensure that the two devices are associated with one another.
- Click the Edit button under Properties to change the hotspot’s name or password.
- Once you have entered the new network name and password, click Save to save your changes.
You can use your Windows 11 hotspot to connect a different device to the internet once you have configured it. You can also access the internet using a Windows 11 hotspot by turning on WiFi on the device you wish to use for browsing the internet, choosing the network name, and entering the password.
This could be stressful though but once you get this you no longer need to worry about hotspots.