While Apple boasts of the most intuitive and approachable operating system on the planet, learning how to manage the applications on your iPhone could take some time and instruction. That is why we are going to show you how to delete apps on iPhone 7.
It is not strange for issues to arise, preventing you from properly removing applications you do not want any more on your phone. It is okay to want to reduce the number of applications on your mobile phone. This is why we have addressed the various ways you could delete apps on iPhone 7 as well as other iPhone models.
Table of Contents
How to Delete Apps on iPhone 7
Delete Apps from your iPhone
- You need to first unlock your iPhone 7 and press the home button so that you are on the home screen.
- Then, lightly tap and hold your finger on the application you want to delete. This will make the home screen enter the ‘Edit Mode’, and you will see that all your icons will begin to shake with a little ‘x’ appearing at the top left corner of each application.
- Tap on the ‘x’ on the application you plan to delete.
- Then, confirm you want to delete the application by selecting the red “Remove” button that will pop up.
- After this, the application will uninstall and disappear from your home screen.
- You can now select the Home button again to exit the ‘Edit Mode.’
Delete Apps on Windows/MacOS
Just in case you are using are the iOS 11 or an earlier version, you will be able to use your MacOS or Windows computer to delete unwanted applications from your iPhone. To do this, just follow our steps below:
- First of all, launch the iTunes version 12.6 or earlier and plug in your iPhone.
- Select the phone icon that appears next to the navigation buttons.
- Afterward, Click on Apps from the menu on the left side of the window.
- Then in the middle panel, scroll down to the application you want to delete and click the “Remove ” button, which you will see next to the app.
- Another option is to navigate to the application using the home screen display on the right panel of your iTunes window.
- Then select the app you want to remove and click the ‘x’, similar to the previous method.
Delete Apps Using Other Apps
Since Apple launched the iPhone, there have been third-party developers who have created iTunes alternatives for ios users. These applications allow for more control over ios devices, including application management. So if you still use the ios 11 or earlier versions, these applications would help you delete unwanted apps from your iPhone.
If you are still having difficulties deleting applications on your iPhone using any of the methods explained above, here’s the likely issue and its solution.
If the “X” icon does not appear
What to do when the “X” icon doesn’t appear when you want to delete unwanted apps on our iPhone
Solution 1: Avoid 3D Touch Features
Many iPhones now have a feature called the 3D Touch, which helps to create pressure sensitivity on your iPhone display. It is meant to allow new functionality based on how hard you press the screen. However, this feature might interfere with your ability to delete applications.
If you push too hard on your screen while trying to get your Homescreen to go into ‘Edit Mode,’ then you will often inadvertently invoke an app’s widget or context menu. What you should do is just carefully press and hold more softly on the screen to avoid the 3D Touch feature.
Solution 2: Delete the App from Settings
You can also try deleting an application from Settings in case the ‘x’ does not appear. Follow the steps below:
- Open your Settings, navigate to General, then select iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down to the application you want to delete and click on it.
- Then select Delete App and confirm by selecting Delete App again.
Solution 3: Restart your iPhone
If all the other options still fail, then the only option you are left with is restarting your iPhone. However, if your iPhone is unresponsive as you try to turn it off, then you can initiate a force restart by pressing down the home and on/off buttons at the same time for about five seconds.
In case your iPhone does not have a home button, then you should quickly press the volume up button, then press and hold the power button for about seven seconds till you see the Apple logo appear.
You should also read on how to backup your iPhone here.
The methods described above should help you delete any unwanted application on your iPhone 7 or other iPhone models. In case you are still facing challenges after following our recommended solutions, then it means that the app simply cannot be deleted. Default applications like the Safari Browser, Camera, Phone, Messages, and Photo app cannot be uninstalled from your iPhone.