If your new resolution is to delete your Mint account we are here to guide you through. Even though the approach is simple and direct we will still walk you through how to delete Mint account in the shortest time possible.
Mint is a financial portal just like Acorns and Stash to help invest the little you can afford. However, if the table has turned and it’s time to delete the Mint account you own this is the best time to do that.
In the guide, we will discuss how to delete Mint account for Canadian users, remove a bank account from Mint, hide Mint account as well as how to delete Mint account for United State users.
How to Remove a Bank from Mint
If you have the privilege to remove the financial institution that is linked to your Mint account before you proceed to delete it please do that. And if your knowledge on how to remove a bank or credit card from Mint accounts limited kindly follow our lead here.
On Mint Website
- Go to your Mint.com account on your web browser.
- Tap on “Settings” on the black bar to the top right
- Tap on the Settings gear icon on the bank or credit card you want to delete.
- Tap “Delete” from the settings menu.
- Enter “Delete” into the box and tap “Delete.”
For Mint app users, just follow the steps below.
- Open the Mint app and log into your account.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Tap “Account” >> Credit card/financial institution.”
- Tap “Delete Account” located at the bottom.
- Tap “Delete” to delete your bank or card from your Mint account.
An alternative solution to consider before you choose to delete your Mint account is to hide it.
How to Hide Mint Account
Do the following to hide your Mint account or hide your account on Mint.
- Sign in to your Mint account.
- Tap on the account settings option.
- Tap “Hide” from the left pane.
- Select the account to hide. Select to hide it from “Budgets and Trend” or hide it “Everywhere.”
If you want to explore this on the official Mint app follow the steps below.
- Open the mint app and sign in to your account.
- Tap on the app settings.
- Tap on the financial institution to hide.
- Choose either Hide Everywhere, Hide from Bills or Hide from Budgets and Trends depending on your choice.
Now, your Mint account will be hidden depending on the option you selected from your account settings.
How to Delete Mint Account in Canada
All Canadian users can follow the steps below to delete their Mint account permanently.
Note: If you signed in to your Mint account on the official Mint app please sign out before you proceed.
- Sign in to your Mint.com account.
- Tap on the “Account Settings.”
- Tap on “Sign In & Security.”
- Click on “Delete your Mint account ” at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on YES, and delete my Mint account when a new page appears.
- Enter your Mint email address and password.
- Tap “Delete Account.”
Your Mint account will be deleted and you will be logged out of the Mint account. Also, a confirmation message will be sent to your Mint email address.
How to Delete Mint Account in the USA
To delete a Mint account in the USA for US users kindly follow the procedures below.
- Sign in to your Mint USA account.
- Tap on “Settings” on the top menu.
- Tap on “Intuit Account” on the left side.
- Tap on “Manage data & privacy.”
- Tap “Delete your Intuit data.”
- Click on “Make a delete request.”
- Confirm the “Mint Account” you signed into and tap “Continue.”
- Select the “Mint Product” to delete and tap “Continue.”
- Check the box next to “I understand what’ll happen after my data is deleted and I want to send this request” and tap “Continue.”
- Enter your “Mint Password” and select “Delete this Data.”
In some cases, you might be told that you entered the wrong or incorrect password even with the account password, just clear your browser cache and proceed.