We noticed that there is no guide on how to delete Phonepe account permanently once your account is created and verified. That is exactly why I decided to put this guide together to librate you on what to do to delete your information from Phonepe.
Phonepe excerpt from the official website help centre state that there is no way you can delete a Phonepe account. That means even when you want to opt-out of using your Phonepe account there is no option available to close your account permanently or temporary as you would have experience with your Kik account.
Since Phonepe claimed that they do no allow users to delete their account or close it then, here is what you should do to keep personal information away from prospective hackers that might have your account and gain access to your details on Phonepe.
Delete Transaction History on Phonepe
Since there is no way to delete your Phonepe account then it’s a wise decision to take down your transaction history on Phonepe. Follow the steps below you will be able to delete all your transaction history from your Phonepe account.
- Log in to your Phonepe Account on the mobile payment app.
- Open your Phonepe transaction history.
- Select the transaction history that you wants to delete.
- Tap on the option that says delete transaction from the old version.
- Click on “Contact Support” for a new version.
- Leave a message for Phonepe support requesting to delete the selected transaction from your account.
- Send the message to create a support ticket for Phonepe customer support.
- Wait for sometimes and a representative will respond to your request for confirmation that you want to delete your Phonepe account transaction history.
This is not how to delete Phonepe account though but with this, you can delete all transactions that you have made using the online digital wallet.
Remove your Debit Card from Your Phonepe Account
Another option you have to take is to delete your debit card from your Phonepe account. This is another security measure you should take since there is no option available to delete Phonepe account except the Phonepe account transaction history.
- Open the Phonepe app on your phone.
- Go to menu >> my money.
- Click on “Debit Cards” under the “Payment Methods” option.
- You should see all the debit cards that are linked to your Phonepe account.
- Find the credit or debit card to delete and click on the trash can icon.
- Click on “OK” from the popup to confirm that you want to delete the selected card.
Now, you have secure your credit or debit card. The next thing you need to do is to remove your primary account from Phonepe.
How to Remove Bank Account from Phonepe
Since you no longer want to keep your Phonepe account then it’s advisable to remove your bank account from this UPI platform.
- Open the Phonepe app on your phone.
- Click on “Money” and select “Bank Account” under the “Payment Method.”
- Now, you will see all the “Bank Account” that you have added to your Phonepe account.
- Click on the “Delete/Remove” button in front of the “Bank account” you want to delete.
- Click on “Unlink” from the pop-up to confirm that you want to remove your back account from your Phonepe account.
This is still not how to delete Phonepe account. But, since there is no way to delete or close your Phonepe account, removing your bank account from Phonepe will put your mind at rest even if you uninstall the Phonepe app from your phone.
How to Delete Phonepe Account
Going through the Phonepe app help section you can request that your Phonepe wallet be deleted. Therefore, we suggest you follow this procedure to close your Phonepe account.
- Launch the Phonepe app on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Tap on the “Question” mark to the top right.
- In the “Help” section under ” My Account and KYC.”
- Click on “Account-related issues.”
- Click on “Deleting My Phonepe Account.”
- Tap on “How do I delete my Phonepe account.”
- Scroll down and click on “Learn more about closing your Wallet Account.”
- Tap on “Close Wallet.”
- In the options available click on “Others.”
- Tap “Confirm Deactivate.”
- Now, navigate back to your Phonepe account homepage and logout
After 48 about hours [no login], Phonepe will automatically deactivate your Phonepe account and a confirmation message will be sent to your Phonepe primary email address and SMS to confirm that your Phonepe account has been deactivated successfully.
How to Delete your Phonepe Account
Except for the approach to deactivate your Phonepe account from the help centre, there is no how to delete your Phonepe account. And if for a reason best known to you, to delete your Phonepe account do the following.
- Use all your Phonepe wallet balance for payment.
- Sell the golds that you have purchased on Phonepe or request that it should be delivered to you.
With all the suggestions in this guide, you should be able to delete your Phonepe transaction history, bank account, credit or debit cards, and above all deactivate your Phonepe account.