The option to delete PS4 accounts is available under the user management in the game console settings. The option allows you to delete users and their profiles. However, the procedure is permanent. Once you hit the delete button the user will be removed permanently from the PS4 account. You can add it later if you care and you can let it go forever.
However, when you delete a user from your PS4 account the user will lose all its data. But, there is a walkaround to delete PS4 accounts without losing data such as downloaded games, trophies, and others.
Meanwhile, you can delete your account on PS4 remotely or without a system. But, the recommended approach is to use a system to delete the user so that you will be able to manage the user’s profile before you delete the account.
From experience, the easiest and fastest way to delete a PS4 account is via the game console settings. This implies that you will not need to go online to delete a user from your main account.
That is not the online approach though, if you are always with your PC you can delete a PS4 account online using your computer or on mobile if you are contented with a small screen device.
Therefore, in this post, I will share with you how to delete PS4 accounts online permanently and how you can delete a PS4 account on the game console without losing data.
Closing PS4 Account? Here is the Effect
The following will happen to a closed PS4 account.
- You cannot create another PS4 account with the same username.
- All purchased games will be deleted and you cannot request a refund.
- All funds in your PSN wallet will be gone.
- There will be no access to all your subscriptions and entitlement on the deleted account.
Therefore, it’s important that you transfer all valuables on your PS4 account to another account before you proceed with the option to delete your account.
How to Delete Games on PS4
PlayStation allows you to delete games on your console to free up space on your account. So, here we will take a look at how to delete games on PS4. Meanwhile, deleting games on your PS4 will not delete your PS4 account it will also delete all your games, data and other details that are associated with the account.
Here you will learn about how to delete games on PS4 from the library.
- Turn on your “PS4” console.
- Go to your “Game Library.”
- Select the “Game” you want to delete.
- Press and hold the “Controller Option.”
- Highlight “Delete” and select “OK.”
You can delete unwanted games on your PS4 storage if it’s full or out of space or because you want to free up more space.
- Turn on your “PlayStation” console.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Scroll down and select “Storage.”
- Select “System Storage” to access the internal storage on your console.
- If you want to delete the games from external storage ensure to select it once you select “System Storage.”
- Choose “Applications.”
- You will see all the installed apps on your PS4 console and the space you have left on the storage.
- Select the “Game” you want to delete.
- Press and hold the “Option” on the game controller.
- Select “Delete” and choose “OK” to confirm your choice.
You can delete the entire game files on your PS4 console. This helps you to reinstall the game later without beckoning on the old game files such as data, cache, and the rest of them. So, deleting your PS4 game file is essential if you plan to reinstall the game later.
- Turn on the PS4 gaming console.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Scroll down and select “Application Saved Data Management.”
- Choose “Saved Data in System Storage.”
- Highlight and select the “Delete” button.
- Select the “Game” whose file you want to delete.
- You can also choose “Select All” to select all the game data and hit the “Delete” tab.
- Click “OK” to confirm the option.
How to Delete PS4 Messages
With the PS4 option to send and delete messages on the console, you can easily delete any message that you do not want to keep. So, here we will consider how to delete PS4 messages.
- Turn on your “PS4 Console.”
- Select “Messages” using the “Controller.”
- Highlight the “Message” you want to “Delete.”
- Press and hold the “Option” button on the “Controller.”
- Select “Leave” >> “Leave.”
The selected message will be deleted. You can also select all the messages in your inbox and choose the “Leave” >> “Leave” option again to delete all the messages at once.
How to Delete Users on PS4
Deleting users on your PS4 is simple and straightforward. So, here we will talk about how to delete users on PS4. This will also delete the PS4 profile from your device.
- Sign in to your PS4 account.
- Navigate to and select “Settings.”
- Scroll, highlight and select “Login Settings.”
- Choose “User Management” when you scroll down.
- Click on “Delete User.”
- You will see all users that are linked to your PlayStation account.
- Select the “User” you want to remove from your account.
- Select the option to “Delete” the user.
- Select “OK” to confirm the deletion.
The steps above will delete the user and the profile from your PlayStation account.
How to Delete a PS4 Account Online
Here is an online approach about how to delete PS4 account outside the game console. You may lose your data [IF] they are not transferred to the other PS4 or to the main account.
- Go to the PlayStation’s Support portal.
- Type “Close PS4 Account” in the search box under “Type your issue or question…”
- Click on “PlayStation 4” from the list of devices that came up from the search result.
- Read the instructions on the outcome of deleting your PS4 account and make sure they are all understood because the procedure is permanent and there is nothing that can be done to reverse it once deleted.
- Now, scroll down the page to chat live with a representative or call the PS4 customer care hotline with the following information within your reach.
- Details of payment method in your account
- Your PS4 game console serial number. It must either be the console used to create your account or the one used to log into your PS4 account.
- All your recent transaction information such as order number, content purchased, price, and date of the transaction.
With that, you will be able to speak with an agent who will help you to terminate your PS4 account online and delete all data that you failed to transfer to another account once you are able to provide all the necessary information.
How to Delete a PS4 Account in Console
This is the fastest approach and easy to come by. You do not need the service of a specialist in this guide. This is a DIY when you want to delete your PS4 user account using the PlayStation’s game console.
- Switch on your PS4 or PS4 Pro game console.
- Access “Login Settings” in your console’s “Settings”.
- Scroll down to “user management” under “Login Settings”.
- You will see two options; “Create User” and “Delete User”. Choose the delete a user and select it.
- If there are multiple users on the game console select the name or nickname of the user you’d love to remove from the user’s management.
- Click “Delete” from the pop-up.
Well, that is how to delete a PS4 account from the game consoles you may want to give it a try when you are upgrading your game console or you want to take some time off playing games and you are planning to give your old game console to your friends without having access to previous users.