If you are currently facing issues with your Apple watch swiping down not working. We are here to provide you with various solutions that can help you resolve the issue of your Apple watch swiping down not working fast.
The most common reason your Apple watch swiping is not swiping down or responding to touch is often due to a damaged or cracked screen. Your apple watch may also become unresponsive due to bugs and glitches from outdated Apple watchOS.
Recommended: How to fix Black Spot on iPhone Screen
Sometimes when your apple watch is in power reserve mode, you may experience issues with your Apple watch swiping down. When your Apple Watch is in power reserve it preserves your battery life. You will only be able to see the time on the screen of your watch. Your Watch won’t communicate with your iPhone and you won’t be able to access other features on your watch.
Here in this article, I will discuss the various steps on how you can resolve Apple watch swiping down not working.
Recommended: How to Turn off Power Reserve Mode on iOS
Apple Watch Swiping Down Not Working
On the issue of your Apple watch swiping down not working, it would be frustrating if you have to lose your Apple watch if it fails to swipe or touch. This article would guide you on how to resolve Apple watch swiping down not working.
Restart Apple Watch
Restarting your apple watch can help to fix an unresponsive apple watch and this was the first step I took when my apple watch won’t swipe up. You can’t restart your apple watch whenever it is charging. To restart your apple watch first ensure you take it off the charger.
Follow these steps to restart your apple watch:
- Press and hold the side button until the Power Off slider appears on your watch screen.
- Then drag the Power Off slider, to turn off your apple watch.
- Now press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears on your watch screen.
Force Restart your Apple Watch
Just like when my apple watch won’t swipe up, you may find it very frustrating having to restart your watch all the time when it becomes unresponsive to touch. You may consider force restarting your Apple watch when it is not responding.
Follow these steps to force restart your apple watch:
- Press and hold the side button and Digital Crown together for at least 10 seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears on your apple watch screen.
Unpair and Re-pair Your Apple Watch
Unpairing your apple watch restores the watch to its original settings, just like a factory reset. Before you unpair your apple watch, ensure you back up your apple watch. To avoid losing important files, after you unpair your apple watch. You can use the backup you created to restore a new Apple Watch.
Follow these steps to unpair and re-pair your apple watch:
- Ensure you place together your Apple Watch and iPhone to unpair them.
- Now open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
- Tap the info button next to the watch you want to unpair.
- Tap unpair Apple Watch.
- You can decide between keeping or removing your cellular plan, for GPS + Cellular models. You can keep your plan if you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again. While you can remove your plan if you don’t want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone anymore.
- Tap again to confirm. You may be prompted to enter your Apple ID password to disable the Activation Lock. After your Apple Watch is unpaired, you will get a message to Start the pairing process.
Follow these steps to pair your apple watch:
- Turn on your Apple watch.
- Place your Apple watch close to your iPhone.
- Hold your iPhone over the viewfinder on your iPhone, till your Apple Watch is paired.
- Set up as a new apple watch or restore from a backup.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Choose your settings.
- Create a passcode.
- Choose features and apps.
- Wait for your devices to sync.
- Begin to use your Apple Watch.
Update Apple Watch OS
Your apple watch notifies you whenever there is a new update available. There are two ways you can follow to update your apple watch, you can either update your apple watch software using your iPhone or directly update your apple watch.
Follow these steps to manually update your apple watch:
- Open the apple watch app, on your iPhone, then select the My Watch tab.
- Select General > Software Update.
- Download the update. If prompted to enter your iPhone passcode or Apple Watch passcode, fill it out.
- Wait until the progress wheel appears on your Apple Watch. It can take several minutes to an hour for the update to be completed.
Follow these steps to update directly on your Apple Watch:
- Connect your apple watch to your Wi-Fi.
- Open the Settings app on your apple watch.
- Click General > Software Update.
- Click Install If there is a software update available
- Then follow the on-screen instructions that would is being displayed on your apple watch.
Repair Broken Glass
If the screen of your apple watch is not responding to touch, it could be due to a broken screen. The warranty doesn’t cover a broken or cracked screen, as this is impact damage from the owner’s end. Replacing a broken screen of your apple watch is often an expensive repair unless you have previously purchased AppleCare which could be less expensive.
Return Watch To Apple Service Center
If your apple watch won’t swipe up or respond to touch due to a hairline crack, you can decide to return your watch to the apple service centre. Apple’s warranty covers issues due to defects in materials and workmanship, but not due to accidental damage.
You can contact Apple support if required, they may ask you to mail the watch or you may have to go in person to the Service Center, where your apple watch would be checked out. If the issue is from a defective screen material or workmanship. Your Apple watch would be replaced since it meets their requirement.
How Do I Get My Apple Watch to Swipe Up
If your Apple watches not swiping up, you can reset your Apple watch, force restarts your Apple Watch, unpair and pair back your apple watch, and update the software of your Apple watch. If you have a broken or cracked screen return your watch to the Apple service centre or fix the apple screen if you have already purchased AppleCare.
Why Is My Apple Watch Not swiping Down
Your Apple watch may become unresponsive to touch or swipe from software glitches if you are using an outdated Apple watchOS. When your apple watch is in power reserve mode, it may fail to respond to touch or swipe down. Another thing that would make your apple watch not swiping down is when you have a cracked or broken screen.
In conclusion, on Apple watch swiping down not working, whenever the battery of your Apple watch is low, it would ask you to activate power reserve. If you still have other uses for your Apple watch ensure you do not activate it as this would limit the uses of your watch.