Apple phone users battle a lot with “Could not activate cellular data network“ when trying to enable data connection on iOS devices. The error message could read You are not subscribed to a cellular data service.
The cellular data network error often occurs when you have been in a place where the network connection or WiFi is very poor. In most cases, when you travel by air and put your phone into an offline mode for a couple of hours.
However, if you are finding it difficult to believe your eyes when the “could not activate cellular data network” error message pops up and how to fix the error message. Here is a quick do it your self to fix “You are not subscribed to a cellular data service” on Apple devices.
How to Fix Could not Activate Cellular Data Network
Here are some ways to fix the cellular data network error on Apple devices.
Clear Phone Profile
- Open “Settings” > “General” > “VPN” (if it exists).
- Look for an option called “Profiles“. If it doesn’t exist, go to the second option.
- Clear everything in your phone “Profiles” section.
- Press the power button and click on restart to restart your phone.
Since the data network error occurs due to network error, resetting the phone network will help fix the issue. For this, the process below explains how to reset networking on Apple device.
- Open “Settings >>“General“ >>“Reset“ >>“Reset Network Settings“.
- Power down the iPhone by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button on the top of the device, then sliding the “Off” slider.
- Wait about 10 seconds, then power the iPhone back on.
Once your phone is back to life open a web browser and see if the cellular data network error message still pops up. It the message is still not clear you should try the third solution.
Fill in APN Info
This is probably the last alternative solution to fix the network error on Apple devices. Filling APN in Apple devices depends on the type of Apple version you are using. Once you have identified the type of Apple version then proceed to carry out this DIY guide to fix the network error problem.
- Navigate to your phone “Settings”
- The paths to your phone cellular or mobile data network depends on your phone version. So, depending on your phone, you can access the cellular or mobile network as follows:
- “Cellular” > “Cellular Data Options” > “Cellular Network“.
- “Mobile Data” > “Mobile Data Options” > “Mobile Data Network“.
- Type the word “internet” for both APN categories (“Mobile Data” & “Personal Hotspot“) without the quote.
The save the settings and try to open any browser whether the error still pops up. Meanwhile, if the new APN settings didn’t work navigate back to your Cellular or Mobile data network to reset the network.
It’s very important to always backup your iPhone before fix error on it so that if any goes wrong you will be able to restore the old settings and files.