When I discussed “Swipe up Snapchat,” a lot of our readers were happy about it as they were able to send links directly to their friends from the snap story. However, recently, there has been a lot of request on how to fix Snapchat Swipe Up link not working, and I have decided to take a look into it to explain to you (our readers) how to fix it.
When you see “Snapchat Swipe Up link not working,” it means that you cannot preview the link you want to send to your friend. And with this, the link will not display the link description. This is the same as not having access to the Snapchat swipe up feature when you want to type a link to send or choose from links that you have shared previously.
So, if you can’t add links to the Snapchat story or snap, you will learn what to do to fix it here. Moreover, before you proceed, take your time to unsend snap if you send a snap to the wrong person or contact by mistake.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Snapchat Swipe Up Link not Working
Follow the suggestions that we shared below to fix the Snapchat swipe up link shares not working.
- Restart the “Snaptchat app.
- Log out and re-log into your account.
- Update the Snapchat app to the latest version.
- Clear the app caches.
We consider the detailed explanation on how to fix the link error on your Snapchat swipe up below.
How to Restart Snapchat on Android
You can just follow the usual way you usually follow to close apps on your Android or iPhone to close the Snapchat app, or better still, follow the procedures we share below.
- Tap on the square button on your Android phone.
- Swipe up the “Snapchat” app icon.
To make sure that the app doesn’t have an active cache before you login back to your account, kindly restart the phone.
How to Clear Snapchat App Caches
Here is how to clear your Snapchat app caches on your Android phone
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Apps (on some Android devices it is App Manager or Manage apps)
- Find Snapchat.
- Tap on the app and then click Clear Cache.
Update the Snapchat App from Google Play Store
It’s advisable to go to the play store to upgrade to the new release.
- Open Play Store app
- Tap on three horizontal lines to the top left
- When the menu opens tap on “My apps & games”
- Go through the apps and find Snapchat
- Tap Update
Logout and Login Snapchat Account
Follow the procedures below to log out of the Snapchat app.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Tap the icon in the top-left corner.
- Tap the Settings icon in the top-right corner.
- In the Settings list, scroll all the way down to the bottom and tap “Log Out.”
Now, follow the normal routine to log in to your account and tr the swipe up link share to see if it works.