If your Alexa App is not loading it could result in so many things such as the Amazon Alexa App not working or not responding when you open it. However, to make this work, there are some troubleshooting tips you need to implement. So, in this article, we will consider how to fix the Alexa app not loading or not working on your device.
Alexa is one of the market’s most popular virtual assistants that has created unforgettable landmarks in the industry; many users prefer the Alexa app because of its ease of use and seamless performance.
However, like every other device, it is prone to developing specific issues and one of the commonly reported issues is the Alexa app failing to load devices or the Amazon Alexa app not working.
This can be very frustrating as the inability of the Alexa app to load devices will lead to a disruption in the operation of a smart home.
If your Amazon Alexa app is currently not working you do not have to fret, as the remaining section of this article will explain the troubleshooting methods you can use to resolve the issue of the Alexa App not loading devices.
How to Fix the Alexa App Not Loading Devices
The Alexa app’s ability to load devices is essential to having a functional smart home setup; if you are having issues loading devices on your Alexa app, you can try any or all of the troubleshooting methods explained below.
Check Your Internet Connection
A functional and stable internet is essential to loading devices on the Alexa app, so the first troubleshooting method is to check the internet connection to ensure it works properly.
You can do this using the same internet connection on another internet-enabled device; if the internet does not work, you should restart your router or modem.
If you have a functioning internet connection and the Alexa app is still not loading devices, you can try the other methods discussed below to resolve the issue.
Restart the Alexa App
Sometimes, the reason for the Alexa app not loading might be due to some minor glitches occurring with the App. You can easily restart the App by completely closing and relaunching it.
You can also turn off all of your smart home appliances, unhook them from the power source, wait a brief period, and then plug them back in. The connection between the devices and the App may be refreshed due to this process.
Update the Alexa App
Your Alexa app might not be functioning correctly because there is an update that you are yet to install. Updates are usually released to fix major and minor glitches while introducing new features and improving the user experience.
If there is an update for your Alexa app, you should install the update and restart the App. Once you have done this, you can use the App to load other devices to confirm that the issues have been resolved.
- In the ‘Updates’ tab, scroll down to find the Amazon Alexa app.
- If an update is available, you will see an ‘Update’ button next to it.
- Tap on it to start the update process.
Update the Device firmware
Sometimes the firmware of the device you are trying to load the Alexa app on might be outdated causing a compatibility issue between the devices, so if you are unable to load a device on the Alexa app, you should check the firmware of the device and install any firmware updates to ensure compatibility between the device and Alexa.
Disable and Enable Skills on the Alexa App
Skills on Alexa have similar functionalities to Apps on smartphones, as they allow for more features; therefore, device loading can be occasionally hampered by the conflict between skills.
If that is the case, you can resolve it by navigating to the skills section on the Alexa app to disable any recently added skills. Then restart the App and re-enable the skills individually to confirm that the device loads after each activation so that you can identify the skill that might be causing the device loading issue.
You can also check out How to Fix Alexa Reminders Not Working
How to Fix Alexa App not Working on Android
The Alexa app not working on your Android device might be due to various reasons, such as an unstable internet connection and outdated software.
We will look at troubleshooting methods you can employ to resolve the issue of the Alexa app not working on your Android device.
- Check your internet connection: The Alexa app requires a good internet connection to function properly, so the first troubleshooting step would be to ensure that you have a good and stable internet connection that can be used by the App. If you are sure of the functionality of your internet connection and the App is still not working, you can attempt the other troubleshooting methods below.
- Clear Cache and Data: If your Alexa app cache is full, it might prevent the proper functioning of the App; you can fix this by going to the apps section of your device settings, then clicking on the Alexa app and selecting the clear cache and data option to clear your cache.
- Disable Battery Optimization: Many Android devices have battery optimization features that might prevent the Alexa app from running in the background, which is essential for the proper functioning of the Alexa app. You can disable the battery optimization feature for your Alexa app to ensure proper functioning by going to the Alexa app on your device settings and setting the battery optimization option to not optimized.
- Update the Alexa App: The Alexa app, like every other software, frequently gets updates to resolve major and minor glitches while improving the overall user experience, so you should go to your Google Play Store and install the updated version.
If you have tried any or all of the troubleshooting methods listed in this section of the article, you should have been able to resolve the issue of the Alexa app not working on your Android device.
How to Fix the Alexa App Not Working on iPhone
Suppose you are having issues with the Alexa app not loading on devices when using the Alexa app on your iPhone. In that case, you do not have to worry much, as this can easily be fixed by using any or all of the troubleshooting methods explained in this section of the article.
- Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, the solution to fixing the issue of the Alexa app not loading on your iPhone is to restart the iPhone, as the reason why the App is not loading might be due to a minor glitch on the iPhone.
- Update the Alexa App: The Alexa app needs to be updated as often as an update is available, as the updates fix minor and major glitches while upgrading the user experience. If the Alexa app is not loading, you should check your app store for an update and update the App if an update is available.
- Check Your Internet Connection: The Alexa app requires an internet connection to function correctly, so if you are having issues with the Alexa app not loading, you should ensure that you have a functioning internet connection.
If you have used any of the troubleshooting methods above, then you should have been able to resolve the issue of the Alexa app not loading on your iPhone.