This post will provide a way to fix the last line no longer available, do you want to call using your remaining line on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone Max. A lot of iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone Max users are complaining that their phone pops “the last line no longer available” whenever they want to make a call on their phone, and the error message is really annoying.
Table of Contents
- What Does Last Line no Longer Available, Do You Want to Call Using Your Remaining Line Mean?
- What Causes the Last Line no Longer Available?
- How Do I Fix the Last Line no Longer Available on iPhone11/ XR/XS/Max?
- How to Restart your iPhone
- Clear Call Logs
- Reset iPhone Network Settings
- Disable the iPhone Find Contact on other Apps
- Update your iPhone OS
- Restore iPhone Factory Settings
- Call Using Remaining Line on iPhone 11
What Does Last Line no Longer Available, Do You Want to Call Using Your Remaining Line Mean?
So, what does the last line no longer available do you want to call using your remaining line mean? It means that you cannot use the SIM or line to call the number you want to dial or you choose another option and you have to use the remaining line to make the call.
So, how do I fix the last line no longer available on iPhone 11 and clear the error that is coming up from the preferred iPhone line with or without the eSIM?
Here in this guide, you will learn what does last line no longer available on iPhone 11 and other iPhones means and how to fix the issue of “make calls using the remaining line.”
What Causes the Last Line no Longer Available?
While we cannot ascertain the reason behind this error on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone Max, we attribute it to iOS 12.1 bug because we start to see the last line iPhone error after the iOS 12.1 update on iPhone.
So, when the iOS is upgraded to iOS12.12, it causes a problem for eSIM port while selecting which line to use on the device. Prior to this update, there is nothing like the last line error on the iPhone.
To some iPhone users, this error is not always as it occurs randomly after making a call.
How Do I Fix the Last Line no Longer Available on iPhone11/ XR/XS/Max?
For now, there is no fix from the help center on iPhone. However, doing the following can help to fix the error.
- Restart your iPhone XR/XS/Max
- Clear your iPhone Call Logs.
- Reset Network Settings.
- Disable the iPhone XR/XS/Max Contact on other Apps.
- Check for a new iOS update and install it.
- Restore your iPhone to Factory Settings.
How to Restart your iPhone
When you are facing call log error on your iPhone XR/XS/Max saying the last line is no longer available after or before calls with or without eSIM, you should first restart the device to see if it clears it.
- Press the iPhone XR/XS/Max Volume Up button and release it almost immediately
- Press and release the iPhone XR/XS/Max Volume Down button almost immediately.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears
- Release the Side button for the device to restart.
Try to make a call with your device to see if the error has been cleared.
Clear Call Logs
Clearing call logs on your iPhone will delete all dialed, missed, and received calls on the device. However, this could be what you need to fix the last line error on your iPhone XR/XS/Max.
- Go to Phone App
- Tap on Recents
- Tap Edit
- Tap Clear
- Click on “Clear All Recents.”
The above steps will clear all call logs on the iPhone device.
Reset iPhone Network Settings
Another approach to consider in fixing the last line call error on iPhone SE/Sprint and other is to reset the phone network settings.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Reset.
- Click Reset Network Settings
When you carry out the steps above, it resets the Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings you’ve made.
Disable the iPhone Find Contact on other Apps
This is another method to explore on your iPhone XR or iPhone XS or iPhone Max or iPhone 11.
- Go to your iPhone Settings.
- Tap on Contacts.
- Tap on Siri & Search
- Disable “Find Contacts in Other Apps”
Update your iPhone OS
If none of the above tweaks work, you should consider checking for the new iOS version and download and install it if there is an update available.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Click on update now, tap Install.
- Enter your passcode unlock code if prompted.
If the “Last line no longer available on iPhone SE/Sprint” or your other iPhone brands isn’t cleared off after upgrading to the last iOS, then you should consider “Force Reset or Restore Factory settings”.
Restore iPhone Factory Settings
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on General
- Tap on Reset
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
The above methods will restore your iDevice to the factory settings. All personal configuration will be overridden with the default settings.
Call Using Remaining Line on iPhone 11
When your iPhone pops “the last line no longer available” you either quit making the call or call using the remaining line.” This works for devices working for iPhone using nano-SIM and eSIM.
So when you attempt to make the call with your SIM on your iPhone 11 and it replies the last line no longer available using the remaining line, this might occur that you won’t be able to complete the current call. So, you would have to use the other line that is available.