If you want to know how to fix the Turtle Beach headset we’ve got you covered with the guide that we’ve compiled together to solve that. The Turtle Beach is a wireless gaming headset, it is designed to work with your Xbox console, Play station, and PC.
Your Turtle Beach headset may sometimes fail to produce sounds when connected to your gaming console or PC. Your headset may also encounter connection issues and may get stuck or unresponsive.
Here in this article, we would be discussing how to fix the Turtle Beach headset when you encounter a general issue with your headset.
How To Fix Turtle Beach Headset
Follow the steps below you will be able to fix your Turtle beach headset.
Hard-Reset Your Headset
When you hard reset your Turtle beach headset, this will clear any issue that you are experiencing. To hard reset your headset:
- Hold down the Connect and Mode buttons for at least 20 seconds. The buttons should be pressed and ensure you do not release the buttons too early.
- The LED light will turn off and the Turtle beach headset will completely power off.
- Press the Power button to turn your headset back on.
Update The Headset’s Firmware
If your Turtle Beach headset is experiencing connection issues, stuck or unresponsive. You should consider updating the firmware of your headset to fix the pending issues.
Follow these steps to update the firmware of your Turtle Beach headset:
- Download the Turtle Beach Audio Hub. It is available for download on both windows and Mac.
- Install the Turtle Beach Audio Hub on your device and open the app.
- Now plug your headset into a USB port on your computer.
- The Turtle Beach Audio Hub will detect that your headset has been connected and will automatically search for updates. If an update is available, you will be required to perform the update.
Hard-Reset the Console
Once the update has been completed, you will need to perform a hard reset on your console.
- Hold down the Power button on the console for several seconds, until your device shuts down completely.
- Press the power button on the console to turn it back on.
- The console would display the Xbox logo, and you will hear a sound effect.
- Now verify that your headset is assigned to the correct profile after it has been powered on.
Follow these steps to reconnect your headset with the console:
- Power on your headset and console. The LED should come up.
- Press the Enroll button on your Xbox console until it begins to blink quickly.
- Press and hold the connect button on the headset, until the LED on the headset starts to flash quickly.
- Within a few seconds, the LED on your headset and console should turn solid to indicate that the headset and console are paired.
How to fix Turtle Beach headset Xbox One
If you would like to know how to fix a turtle beach headset with Xbox one whenever you encounter any interference with your headset. Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Check if your headset is paired successfully to your Xbox and also check if your headset is charged.
- Ensure you update the firmware of your Xbox One
- Reboot your Xbox One console: Power off your Xbox one console. Disconnect the power cable from your Xbox one and wait at least 20 seconds. Now reconnect the power cable to your Xbox one. Then power on your Xbox one with the power button on the front of the Xbox Console.
- Reconnect your Headset with the Console: Press the connect button on your headset. Press the enrol button on your Xbox One Console.
How to Fix Turtle Beach Headset One Side Not Working
Check The Cable
First, check the connection between the Xbox AV cable and the headset. Make sure that the headset is firmly plugged into the headphone port. It may require a little force to plug in the headset if the connection is loose.
Check USB Connect
Check the connection of the USB plug that connects from the headset to the USB port on your console or a USB wall adapter.
If your headset is defective, you may need to have it repaired or replaced. If your headset is covered by warranty claims, your headset will be replaced. You can also order a replacement through online stores like Amazon, eBay, etc.
How to fix Turtle Beach Headset Mic PS4
The Turtle beach headset for PS4 has an adjusted mic, the mic can be muted and unmuted. We have provided a solution on how to fix the Turtle beach headset mic for PS4.
Check Headset and Transmitter
For the mic to work the headset and transmitter needs to be paired. Follow these steps to pair your headset and transmitter:
- Power off your headset.
- Press and hold the pairing button on the transmitter until the LED flashes quickly. You can use a Paperclip to press the pinhole button on the transmitter.
- Now press and hold the power button on the Headset until the power LED blinks rapidly for 5 seconds before you release the button.
- After a while, the LED on the headset and transmitter will remain solid to indicate they have been paired.
Check Configuration Settings
If the settings on your console are not configured for headset use then you may fail to hear any sound. If your headset is already configured, you can adjust the settings:
- Navigate to Settings >Devices > Audio Devices.
- Select the USB headset. Choose the Headset that is connected to the Controller.
- Now go back to the previous screen and adjust the microphone level.
- If the bar moves when you speak into the mic, then the mic is working well.
Power Cycle Headset
When you power cycle your headset, this can help to resolve the pending issue. Follow these steps to power cycle your headset:
- Unplug the USB transmitter from the console.
- Press and hold the power button on the Headset until you hear a voice that says “Powering Off”.
- Leave your devices for a few seconds.
- Next press and hold the power button on the Headset, until you hear a voice that says “Powering On”.
- Finally, plug the USB transmitter back into the console.
Can I fix My Turtle Beach Headphones?
You can fix your Turtle Beach headphone but this will depend on the issue you are faced with. Update the firmware of your headphone, pair your headset to your Xbox, hard reset your headset, and hard reset your console to fix to generally fix your turtle beach headset.
Why Can’t I Hear Out Of My Turtle Beach Headset?
The following are the reasons you can’t hear out your Turtle Beach headset:
- Your Turtle Beach headset is not paired with your Xbox.
- The Xbox AV cable is not firmly plugged into your Turtle Beach headset.
- The USB plug that connects from your Turtle Beach headset to the USB port is not properly plugged into your console or USB wall adapter.
What Do You Do When Your Turtle Beach Headset won’t Work?
If your Turtle Beach headset won’t work try the following steps to fix the pending issue: update the firmware of your headphone, pair your headset to your Xbox, hard reset your headset, and hard reset your console to fix to generally fix your turtle beach headset.
How Do I Reset My Turtle Beach Headset?
To reset your turtle beach headset to clear any issue that you are experiencing
- Hold down the Connect and Mode buttons for a few seconds. Press the buttons for a long and ensure you don’t release the buttons too early.
- The LED light will turn off and your headset should power off completely.
- Press the Power button to turn your headset back on.