You may face difficulty with how to reset Bose Soundlink color when you want to pair it with your devices. If you would like to know how to reset Bose soundlink color even as a novice don’t hesitate to read this article to the end.
A reason to reset your Bose Soundlink can emanate from nowhere if the device malfunctions. Or if you choose to give out the device resetting the Soudlink device may be necessary.
In some scenarios, you may need to reset your Soundlink if it fails to connect to a Bluetooth device. However, it is worth noting that resetting your Bose soundlink color will reset your Bluetooth speaker to its default settings and all the lists of paired devices would also be cleared.
Here in this article, we would briefly explain how to reset Bose soundlink color, provide troubleshooting tips for Bose Soundlink Color 2 not pairing, and Bose color soundlink not charging issues.
Follow the steps below to reset your Bose Soundlink color.
- Connect your speaker to power.
- Power on your speaker.
- Press and hold the AUX and Volume buttons at the same time for at least 15 seconds until you hear a tone.
Follow the troubleshooting guide below if your Bose Soundlink Color 2 Bluetooth speaker fails to pair to your Bluetooth device.
Check if Bluetooth Speaker is Paired Correctly
Follow the steps below to manually pair your speaker:
- Power on your speaker.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth and volume-down buttons at the same time.
- Go to your device, then search for your Bose speaker from the lists of available Bluetooth devices.
- Then try to pair again.
- If your device is successfully paired to your Bose speaker, then you didn’t put your Bose speaker in pairing mode.
To connect using Bose app:
- Press the Power button.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button for a few seconds until the LED light starts to blink.
- Now launch the Bose connect app on your device, then connect to your Bose Soundlink Color 2 from the list of available speakers.
Clear Paired list of Bluetooth devices
Follow the steps below to clear out the list of your paired Bluetooth devices
- Power on your Bose product.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a tone.
Restore The Factory Settings
Follow the steps below to reset your Bose speaker to the factory resettings.
Note: This will reset your speaker to the default settings.
- Power on your Bose speaker.
- Press and hold the Power button for at least 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue and you hear a voice prompt that instructs you to select a language.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Bose app
In case your Bose soundlink color 2 fails to connect through the Bose app, you can simply uninstall your Bose app, then download and reinstall it again.
Update Bose App
Go to your app store to download and install the latest Bose app for your device. This will help fix bug issues on the app.
On the device, you are trying to connect, remove your Bose soundlink color 2 from the list of remembered Bluetooth connections.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your device.
- Search your Bose soundlink color 2
- Click on the remove button.
- You may need to forget or unpair your Bose soundlink color 2.
Recommended: How to Unforget a Bluetooth Device
Then try to pair your devices again.
For a few reasons, your Soundlink device may fail to charge. In that wise, check out the following troubleshooting tips.
Check Charging Cable
Unplug and reconnect both ends of the USB cable to check if it is the reason your Bose color soundlink not charging. Ensure that the charging cable is firmly connected to the speaker and the USB power source.
Use a Different Charger
After checking your Charging cable, use the charger to charge another device. If it fails to charge your Bose soundlink speaker, then your charger may be faulty and would need to be replaced. Ensure you replace it with an original charger, you are recommended to use a charger with a current rating of 1 A / 1000 mA or higher.
Check Wall Power Outlet
Your Bose color soundlink may not charge if it is plugged into a bad wall power outlet. Ensure to check if the connected power outlet is properly working.
You can test using a multimeter tester, if the multimeter fails to read then you have an unreceptive wall power outlet which should be fixed, or plug your Bose color soundlink into another wall outlet.
How to Reset Bose SoundLink Mini
If you own a Bose Soundlink mini the following steps will help you to reset it.
- Press and hold the Mute button on top of the speaker for 10 seconds.
- On the top of the speaker, press and hold the Mute icon button for at least 10 seconds. The product light will flash and turn off once reset.
How to Reset Bose SoundLink 3
Following the steps below will help you to reset your Bose Soundlink 3.
- Press and hold the Mute icon button for 10 seconds until the speaker light blinks.
- Now press the Power button to turn the system back on, and to resume normal use.
To begin first connect your speaker to power and turn on your speaker. Now press and hold the AUX and Volume buttons at the same time for at least 15 seconds until you hear a tone.
Turn on your speaker, Now press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language.
If your Bose color soundlink not connecting through the Bose app could be due to your device software running on an outdated version.
This can be fixed by checking if the Bluetooth speaker is paired correctly, clearing the paired list of Bluetooth devices, resetting to factory settings, uninstalling and Reinstalling the Bose app, and updating the Bose app to the latest version.
To clear the Bluetooth memory on your soundlink color just follow the steps below.
- simply press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone that says Bluetooth device list cleared.
- All connected devices would be cleared from the Bose soundlink Bluetooth memory and you will have to pair to your device again.