This article will take you on a step by step basis on how to mount your wall TV. Plus, we get to show you more on TV mounting services.
If you honestly desire a spotless look and more than a burst of entertainment freshness for your comfort relaxation, then you should think about mounting your flat-panel TV. We have provided a step guide for you to comfortably mount your wall TV.
What Do I Need to Mount My TV?
Before we start with the steps, it will be noteworthy to mention the things you need to arm yourself with to mount your wall TV.
- Stud Finder: Do not mount your TV to the drywall. It is wise to mount your TV to stud for support.
- Power Drill: Use a power drill to speed up mounting your TV. This saves time compared to using a screwdriver.
- Level: Apply a degree to avoid unnecessary holes and a newly mounted but crooked TV.
- TV Mount: You will need a TV mount rated for your model of TV to mount your TV to the wall. You can check your TV manual for the VESA mount measurements and get a TV mount to match.
- Painters Tape (optional): A Painters Tape is optional- so you may or may not decide to make use of it. But you will be able to find your wall studs and then mark them with a little piece of painters tape. This is a much preferable option to a pencil mark, but then again, you may opt for a pencil mark if you desire!
- A friend (optional): In certain steps, which we will provide below, we do make the reference of having a partner. TVs are big and then heavy to lift. So, you will need a friend for the best results.
- Cable Management: Cable management is essential when you do not want to ruin the beauty in setting up your Tv by having a bunch of cables and TV antennas hanging down from your TV. You can simply try hiding them behind a wall. You can also choose to route them through the wall, or you can tie them together neatly, then tuck them behind a shelf.
Another simple method on offer? Buy a cover. Simply purchase covers to hide the cables. You can decide to buy a cover that matches the color of your wall- for the beauty purpose, of course.
HOW to Mount Flat Screen TV to the Wall?
Follow these steps to wall mount your TV.
First, you need to locate where you want your TV positioned. One important measure to consider is the viewing angle. The viewing angles are germane for awesome picture quality. This is why we advise that you consider your location carefully.
- Next, use a stud finder to locate the wall studs.
- You will need to move your stud finder across the wall till it shows that it has found a stud.
- When this is achieved, you can mark it with some painters tape- or anything at all that will enable you to remember the position you have marked.
For this step,
- Drill your pilot holes. Pilot holes are small holes that will allow your mounting screws to enter the wall. You can do this with someone else if you cannot do it on your own.
- Next, hold the mount up to the wall. You can apply a level to make sure it is straight.
- Make light marks where you wish to drill the holes to attach it to the wall.
- Then, you can make use of a masonry bit to your drill. Drill holes where you marked using the mount driller.
Attach the mounting bracket to the wall. Hold your mount to the wall and drill the mounting screws into the pilot holes you made in the previous step.
Attach the mounting plate to your flat TV. Remove the stand from the TV.
- Next, look for the mounting plate attachment holes, which should be on the back of your TV.
- Note that the mounting plates can be covered with plastic, or they can have screws in them. You will have to remove them.
In this step, attach the mounting plate to the back of the TV.
- Mount your TV to the wall.
- You can do this together with someone if you cannot do this by yourself. Lift the TV carefully and then line the mounting plate on the TV.
- Ensure you line them up with the bracket on the wall and then connect them using your TV manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always ensure that you read the instructions.
And that’s all you needed to mount your Wall TV.
On TV Mounting Services
You can as well decide not to do the whole TV mounting yourself. In truth, mounting your TV yourself just could be cumbersome, and you may end up damaging your wall instead of fixing your TV. In that light, you can choose to seek some help from any TV installation mounting service.
It is noteworthy to mention that a lot of companies will offer their services when it comes to TV bracket installation; still, you are not going to get the best out of all these services. So, how do you choose which?
Before you decide on an installation service provider, check this out:
- Check how reliable these services are. You should be asking the necessary question of ‘how many years have they been in service’. This is one way to tick the right boxes.
- As it is said in the business world, the Customer is King. Look out for a service that has good customer service and pays attention to its customers.
- Next, select a company that can provide a warranty for their mounting parts. Your TV is safe in this case, and you can always contact your company to get your mounting parts replaced should it have a problem.
- Also, determine if the service you have chosen has trained engineers with them to give you expert service. You should always desire the best for your TV, after all.