If you are searching for how to mute someone on a facetime call, we are here to help you. You may want to learn how you can mute your friends on facetime if you need some privacy during the call.
Also, the person may call at the wrong time, or you wouldn’t like the person to her a background conversation during the facetime video call. So, these are some of the reasons why you need to know how you can mute someone on your Facebook to have your time to yourself.
What is FaceTime App
Facetime is an application that was developed by Apple and it comes pre-installed on their products. So you don’t need to install facetime but you can upgrade facetime on the apple store. To make and receive a call with the FaceTime app, you need an Apple ID and an internet connection.
The app is packed with tons of features to make sure that the app stands above all its alternatives. Some of the features include mute which allows users to mute some on the app.
With that, you can have your privacy to yourself all alone. So, if you are struggling to mute someone on your Facetime app you don’t have to worry any longer.
Here in this article, we would briefly discuss how to mute someone on Facetime call on all of your apple devices (iPhone, iPad, and Mac laptops).
Facetime System Requirements
You need to meet the minimum requirement to mute someone on a Facetime call. It’s just a prerequisite. Without this, it’ll be difficult to mute someone on the voice and video calling app.
- Ensure you are connected to the internet.
- You must be signed in to FaceTime with your Apple ID, on your apple devices (Mac, iPhone, and iPad).
- You must have a built-in or connected microphone to make Facetime video calls.
- You also need a built-in or connected camera to make Facetime video calls.
- If you are using Mac you need OS X 10.9 or later.
- Your iPhone must be running on iOS 7 or a later version.
- You should have the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browsers installed on your device.
How To Mute Someone On Facetime Call
Without much stress, the steps below explain how to mute someone on Facetime call.
To mute on a facetime call:
- Get on a facetime call, tap the screen on your iPhone to show the Facetime controls in case it is not visible.
- Now tap the button again, to turn the sound on.
- Then tap the mute button again to turn the sound off.
- Your mic detects whenever you are speaking and whenever your sound is turned off. You will be notified that your mic has been muted and you can tap the mute button to unmute it.
How To Mute Facetime Calls On Mac
If you are using a macOS laptop with the Facetime app installed you can easily silence any call on the app via your system. So, you will get to know how to mute someone on Facetime during a call on your Mac computer.
- Through the FaceTime app on your Mac, move the pointer over the call window, then click the Mute button or use the Touch Bar.
- Click the Mute button again, to unmute yourself.
- To change the volume of your microphone, follow these steps; navigate to Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sound, click Input, then drag the “Input volume” slider.
How To Mute Group Facetime Calls
In case you were added to a group chat where they regularly facetime and ring people who are not on the call. If you are looking for a way to mute a group facetime chat you should follow these steps:
- Open your facetime app.
- Go to the group chat.
- Select the names at the top of the chat and then click on Info.
- Now scroll to hide alerts.
- This will prevent you from being notified about a Facetime call and this will also hide all the alerts for that group chat.
How To Know If You Are On Mute On FaceTime
You may want to mute a facetime call, whenever you need some privacy. If want to mute yourself on facetime. The Mute button will appear in grey when it has not been activated in Facetime. While the mute button will appear in white if it has been activated.
This means that when the mute button appears in grey, the other person would be able to hear you. While if the mute button appears in the white button the other person cannot hear you. Also, you can get muted by the call receiver, where the receiver would be able to hear you but you won’t be able to hear them talking.
Can A Person Tell If You Mute Them On iPhone?
When you mute someone they don’t get notified so there is no actual way to confirm that they have been muted. But as soon as the person stops hearing your voice or the background noise, they will assume you have muted the call.
Can you mute The Other Person On your iPhone?
Yes, you can mute the other person on your iphone through the facetime app by clicking the mute button. Once the mute button appears in grey on your iPhone, the other person would be able to hear you and it means you have not pressed the button. When you press the mute button it will appear in white colour, which means the other person can’t hear you anymore.
Getting to mute someone during a facetime call is not advisable as this person can sense that he or she has been muted. However, the best way to mute someone on Facetime is to turn off your WiFi or hotspot or mobile detect to make it looks like there is a network glitch in your area.
With this technique, you won’t have much to say to the person regarding when you muted him or her or it’s a network problem.